Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you feel about Drag Queen Story Time?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭MyLove4Satan

When the day comes when peodophila is legal in Ireland (and believe me this is the golden ticket for the Lefties as it will finally means the end of the family and the absolute power of the state) people will be able to look back and draw a straight line between their present and things like the deeply disturbing INTO cartoon on transgender primary school kids and Drag Queen Story time of today.

You do not have to be a Conservative or 'Far Right' to acknowledge the slope is getting slipperier all the time.

For feck sake, we practically have a Minister for Peter Tatchell overseeing childhood issue in this country right now as it stands.

Prevention today, save lives in the future. This protection of childhood innocence was once considered decency and common sense. Alas...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,410 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I think it’s odd that a third party can be given access to the school and children. For some woke political satisfaction…..Were there background checks ?

the teacher can read so what is the requirement for a drag Queen to come and do it ?

the only third parties that should be admitted to schools are ones who are required to be there.

Post edited by Strumms on

• Registered Users Posts: 44 catmandont

Serious side eyes are going round these days.

Not to jump to the same conclusions as quick as you, but it's one thing after another, one obstacle after another to topple for fringe identities.

People were more or less sold on the idea of adults doing their own sexual things, but this lean into children through education and different events is pushing it, big time.

They'll keep telling you it's nothing to do with sex, then out the other side of the mouth it's all about sex. Look at the poster I was "conversing" with here, would do anything rather than address the giant elephant of the topic. Don't pay attention to us, but look at us constantly. Contradictions neverending.

Too bitter a pill to swallow for some at the moment, but give it another 5 years or so and see whats next on the list of oppression to be overcome.

Strange days, stranger to come. It's not like the last decade is ancient history, it's just a frog in slowly boiling water, you mightn't notice until you take in the bigger picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭WJL

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Are scientologists doing story time? I'm not sure that's a thing, but if it is, the real issue is the content of the stories. What's your problem with the content of drag story time stories?

You've confirmed that your "hyper controversial sexual issues" claim was pure fiction, so what is your actual problem?

What schools are you talking about here?

Have you asked the few remaining parents who bring their kids to listen to stories from a man in a dress every Sunday morning what the idea is?

Why do you keep linking drag story time to 'sexual ideas'? The only person bringing sexual ideas to the table here is your good self. And @MyLove4Satan of course, but it goes with the territory for him.

Adults make conscious decisions about what they expose their child to all the time. Every time they buy a book or switch the channel or manage their YouTube settings they make conscious decisions. It's called good parenting.

What's strange is that you have to make up fictional claims to try to stir up anger against something for reasons that you haven't quite been clear on.

Just to be clear, when you say 'Minister for Peter Thatchell' you mean 'Minister who met Peter Thatchell on a protest once'? And when you link Peter Thatchell to paedophilia, you mean that you're perpetuating a British homophobic far-right slur? Jaysus, I never thought I'd be quoting an interview in Grift, but there you go.

• Advertisement

"The real issue is the content of the stories" oh so that's why it must be from a man in a dress then. The singular differentiator. Just cannot bring yourselves to address the elephant in the room. Ridiculous

"You've confirmed you're hyper controversial sexual issues is pure fiction" because you say so? It explains a lot about the alternative reality you people live in, make it up despite what eyeballs can read, now it's fact. Sure.

"Stories from a man in a dress", meaning mass. Oh yes, exactly the same, the reason people are going to church is specifically for a priest.

Where do you people come from? What kind of drugs are you all taking that the most basic question is to be avoided at all cost?

I'll answer it for you, I'll spell out what you're all so deathly afraid of admitting, this is, 100% in its entirety, an attempt to normalise the abnormal for the only audience that can be persuaded, the undeveloped, immature minds of children.

What's wrong with admitting that? You can dress it up if you like, call it "familiarisation", call it "exposure", call it "education", call it "progressive".

Just don't lie to people's faces and say it's "about the content of the stories", or excuse it out of hand with "children just like stories".

Get real. This is hyper specific, and some are afraid to mention why. It's clear.

Did you think that your outraged hyperbole distracts from the emptiness of your arguement?

You've jumped from your totally unsupported fictional claim of "hyper controversial sexual issues " now to "hyper specific".

And no, the 'hyper controversial sexual issues' isn't fiction because I saw so. It's fiction because you've failed to answer the five questions as to what sexual issues you are talking about. Will there be any answers at all?

Though you did give a partial answer here, when you drifted into 'normalisation' and 'familiarisation'. Is that your big fear - that people won't get outraged by drag performers one day?

Why the need to defend this for you personally in this way? I simply do not get it. You act as if our nation is in mortal danger IF we do not all embrace Drag Queen Storytime as a central part of childhood in Ireland. Why do you feel so strongly about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

This drag queen story time is a weird American import.

Drag Queens are adult entertainment.

Mrs brown is not a drag queen.

A man dressed in a mini caked in make up is done for the mindfuck of trying to get straight men to think sexually about a man.

Not only do you give me the creeps, but hopefully you are not involved with young children in any offical capacity.

• Advertisement

That's odd considering people in this thread said the stories were bog standard stories simply read by a drag queen.

If you look at the picture, the parents are more excited than the kids. Pushy parents forcing their kids to think and act a certain way.

Waffle piffle plip. Day dreaming, while anyone can look back and read what was said before. A teacher talked a about his personal experience earlier, I quoted him in reply, and then some bumfluff leapt on it as a chance to take me out of context.

You and the likes of you NEED to turn this around from what it is (normalisation of men in dresses directed specifically at children) because the truth is damaging.

No, you need to turn this into the area of expertise, deflection via contradiction. It's never about sex until it's all about sex. Whatever suits the given day. Predictable and stupid.

Even now, after me answering the question you're afraid of, you can only address that answer in a question back to me.

In other words, avoid the obvious.

You're not up to this task. You're not up to this task because you can't admit what everyone sees and understands already.

Forget all the above and just answer the pertinent question below.

Children are being brought before men in dresses to familiarize them with men in dresses. Is this true or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

I will never believe a sane human being would think pedophilia is OK but societies have had some strange practices. If anybody thinks there is a left agenda to legalise pedophilia I believe they have mental issue if they truly believe that rather than saying it for shock value.

Conservative and right wing views was determined to keep things hidden by supporting things like the catholic church with a long history of abuse.

Ireland is quite a liberal country and progressive as the population became better educated. The whole of Europe is actually liberal compared to the USA. Conservative views in USA are behind things like not teaching evolution and Christian colleges. How anybody in Ireland could get to that same level of stupidity is a mystery to me but apparently some have. Abuse of power is actually denying scientific fact due to religious belief

If you don’t get it, then don’t go, and don’t bring your kids. It’s not computer.

Other people get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭hunter2000

Harry styles has a lot to answer for.

Is this the big fear of drag rearing its ugly head? You’re afraid you might get confused into fancying a bloke?

Honestly, you’d have to be hugely insecure in your own sexuality to be worried about this.

I don’t know a huge amount about drag but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a drag queen that confused me. It’s not hard to tell the difference between a drag queen and a woman.

You’re welcome.

Kinda funny to be told that you’re creepy by someone called @myloveforsatan though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭OU812

If you’ve ever brought a kid or kids to a panto, you’ve brought them to a drag show.

If you’ve ever brought a kid or kids to a modern animation, you’ve exposed them to innuendo (on a different level to their mental capacity, put on so the adults don’t get bored).

Trans ≠ Drag. Two totally different things.

You’re right, anyone can read back and see your invented claim of “hyper controversial sexual issues” that have completely failed to explain. Shame on you making stuff up to spread fear, uncertainty and doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

I'm not mad about drag and consider it a vulgar sexualised caracature of women by men. Fine for bars and nightclubs but I don't think it's suitable for young children.

• Advertisement

haha

I was going to put "in before people accuse me of being afraid of being sexually attracted to them comments" but decided to leave it. And there you go.

You completely missed the point of my comment anyways.

Can you tell me what exactly is the point of drag queens? If drag queens are simply just men dressing up as women as some kind of comedy act then why are they so strongly associated with pride marches and adult entertainment?

Introducing drag queens to children is like introducing ball gags to children.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

I can probably help with your understanding here:

Q1: The point of a drag queen is to entertain. This is similar to the point of a band, or a singer, or an MC etc. Like most forms of entertainment, this is across a very broad spectrum of styles/show types/audiences.

Q2: Drag Queens are particularly popular in the gay community therefore it stands to reason that they would be part of Pride events.

Q2.1: Some drag queens also work in adult entertainment. To cover both meanings of 'Adult Entertainment' - Nightclubs are for adults and drag queen shows are popular there. Some drag queens also do over the top highly sexualised performances - like Miley Cyrus etc. People pay to see that sort of thing and enjoy it.

So, in summary, a drag queen is an entertainer, who can be booked to do several different types of performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,764 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I'm sorry but you didn't picture men in dresses . You pictured men in cassocks & they are not dressed as women they are dressed as Priests ,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Makes total sense, I suppose that's why they are always dressed as low key office ladies in dowdy clothes with no make up. Question for people who are into it, do they like child beauty pageants also like they have in the US?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭OU812

Yes, he’s done a lot to challenge gender stereotypes, fair play to him.

What’s the difference between a cassock and a dress? Same basic shape, lots of ornate embroidery and glitter- why does one scare people to their foundations while the other gets to tell stories to kids about a man being brutally beaten and killed?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Is it? If presenting hyper sexualisation of women as something good or inspiring... Put it this way, forget the drag part, if a woman came in to read books to small children in a mini skirt and fishnets, low cut top and face full of slap, I'd think her a bit strange. Likely you would to.

Is it the same as introducing children to stories about a man being nailed to a crucifix and slowly tortured to death?

Or stories about burning in hell for eternity for responding to your body’s basic responses?

• Advertisement

I'm still waiting for an answer from all those that are ok with drag queens reading to kids...are you ok with men wearing nothing but a thong reading to kids?

Advertisement