Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 seamie22

Few questions regarding stage 3. Will the interviews be in-person or online?

And in regards to the first batch of 224 called forward from stage 1, is there any basis in shouts that they want to get this batch in the college for the end of September?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 coolsunflower00

Do I need my I.D for the stage 2 online exam or was it just for the verification?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭JohnSmith98

We don't know

And we don't know. September would seem very optimistic to get interviews, medicals, fitness tests and vetting done but maybe they'll surprise us. Unfortunately my faith in the public sector to do anything that quick and efficiently is rather low

Just for the verification. You need to do the room scan and then just start the report writing exercise

So just did the report writing exercise. I found it rather easy to be honest. I'm not sure if we all get the same video or not and I don't want to give anything away but I thought mine was rather straightforward.

Anyone else find it rather simple? It reminded me of the Irish oral tests we had to due in school were you're given questions that you have to answer based on the dialogue (you know the ones) except this time they were speaking English. Which rather takes away most of the difficulty....

Post edited by JohnSmith98 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 coolsunflower00

Also just did the stage 2 report and without giving anything away, I found it easy but I'm very concerned now because I hadn't a clue how to spell the places in the video because I have never heard of them, from being in a completely different part of the country. So I am wondering will they penalise much for wrong place names/spelling the places wrong?

They said place names spellings can be wrong as long as a decent effort was made. But yeah glad I'm not the only one who found it rather simple. Typical and expected to have it set in Dublin with thick accents as well but I'm not surprised. If they reversed it and set it in Kerry with their thick accents I'm sure they'd have plenty of complaints about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 AshleyOH23

I only had an option for online is that the case for everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭blinkinghinds

Interviews starting 26th July and you book your own date, as above poster said get on it asap if you have any holidays or work commitments places are limited

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Capricorn19

Quick question doing stage 2 tomorrow... can you wear headphones ???

• Advertisement

Yeah you can, or at least I did after seeing no prohibition of it in the exam info and I was fine so it must be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tipp96

I assume interview slots just for people who have got results for Stage 2 who did it in the first batch?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 roisinoharaa

I’ve such a stupid problem, I got my nails done ages ago and literally don’t wanna take them off but I’m here practicing career services stage 2 and it’s literally impossible to type anything with these stupid nails im raging we can’t write it 😂😂 gonna have to pull them off when I do it tomorrow 🥲🥲 best of luck everyone doing it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭king999

Heya just wondering how long you guys had to wait last time to get the stage 2 results? And how much notice you got for the interview? Thanks

Post edited by king999 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53 ✭✭Spook22

• Stage 2 results (for batch 1) took approximately 3.5 weeks.
    • Detailed Application Form 3 days later.
    • Deadline for that form 3 days after that
    • Invitation to book interview slot, just hours after the deadline for the form (yesterday)
    • Interview Dates starting in 2 weeks (from today)

Its worth noting we have yet to be provided the competencies or any further information.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tipp96

You know the way the familiarisation says you are Garda Murphy and your colleague is Garda Smith? Are these the names that you are to use in the report?

Batch 1 was much smaller than batch 2 so it is hard to tell how long ye will be waiting for results to be sorted. I would guess you could expect them from early August onwards depending on the resources they have to correct them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jukajoj

Stressing ATM cause I watched the video twice and just couldn't catch the witness' address. I got the phone numbers and all just the one address beat me. Would that be a deal breaker?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Fluffypatcat

@Jukajoj No I don't think that'll stop you from passing if it's only the one address you couldn't get but you got the other important info, phone numbers etc.

The only thing is it might affect your OOM but not getting the one address wouldn't be a deal breaker I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mann2022

Is there a format to write it in . Like a sample way to do it before hand ??

• Advertisement

I don’t know if stage 2 has any bearing on OOM. Got my results for stage 2 back last week and didn’t mention anything about OOM

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭macmathuna1

Interesting to know. But perhaps because that was such a small batch there was no need for oom? And now a bigger batch will surely need some sort of oom to get the better candidates through first.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

Im in the 300’s so not the top 224 but my email said we keep the same OOM from stage 1

Yeah, it’s different from previous campaigns from what I’ve gathered regarding OOM. Does anyone have any notion why they’ve kept batch 1 so small in comparison to batch 2?

The only thing that makes sense to me is that they need to get a certain number through and ready for the next class ASAP, obviously the small size of the first batch makes it much faster to process.

The press release during the week that they want recruits from this campaign in Templemore before the end of September would support this.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭PCO2019

Are candidates informed if their scores in S2 were not sufficient to move to S3 ? I’m not one of the initial batch but would like to know if you’re informed one way or another ?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

Well just wondering out of the first batch who passed stage 2 did everyone pass I wonder like how many was called for interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

I’d think so too. I think some of the 224 will be used to fill up an already waiting class to make up numbers for September. Then the left overs will join the 225 and above in the rest of the campaign. Out of that initial 224 they could only need 20-30 to make up the the class they need then shift the left overs in with everyone else. Thats just my thoughts. I think anyone 225 and above would probably be looking at a start next year some time. September is extremely optimistic, so they probably needed 224 to ensure they had enough people as some will withdraw, fail and some might even just take longer to vet.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Kerryman88

I'm OOM 1876 is anyone else up around that? Just wondering when we will be called? Anyone have any idea? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 kaya1

I’m in the 1400s no word yet of stage 2.

Advertisement