Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A3 / Masters / Womens Nationals 2022

Options
  • 13-07-2022 7:59am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So who is going from here? Signed up myself despite being heavier than ever, no race fitness (I haven't even managed to get around a club league race for weeks now), so for me it is just a day out. Talking to a few who done this course at the National series awhile back it sounds like a narrow road for a big field so I imagine any early flyers could do well

Seperate Womens Championships and talking to a few in the club league it sounds like it will be strongly supported, going to try and get down in time to see the end of it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,728 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Will be signing up myself once I clear my last “prep race” Sunday.

Course is narrow in places & it will pay to be handy all day for sure. One dig on each lap should make for a few attacks and a break or two to get away.

Hoping to get a top 20 myself so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭EAD

Doing the TT on Sat. Great TT course, did it when the Nationals were there in 2020. Pretty much a flat course on a lovely wide road with a good hard shoulder. Hope to give a better account of myself!

Is this on closed roads?

Comms car got stuck in a ditch there earlier this year, comms car vs truck & truck won!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

For the Nationals I think they do aim for at least rolling closures involving the Gardai

For anyone who is interested, I am driving over from Wexford direction on Sunday morning, I'll be passing along south Wexford, Wexford town, New Ross, Waterford City, Carrick on Suir, Clonmel, and so on. Space for two riders and bikes if there is interest from anyone. No cost bar a coffee if we stop on the way back. I'll be early for the A3 Champs but happy to leave earlier to watch the Womens Champs if wanted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭seanin4711

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭EAD

I believe so, had assumed it would be 10 and we could head down Sat morning but it's a Friday night job now, bit of a pain in the behind!

Anyone and idea when the start lists are published?

Tuesday I’d say.

Hoping to have a small number in the masters 😂.

My training plan in three bullet points:

• low entrys
    • bad weather to put off riders
    • that the TT riders who are doing the full weekend are absolutely ruined from the TT

• Advertisement

Don’t see bad weather being a factor unfortunately.

A3 field is usually small given that M40 & jnrs can’t compete on the day so you’ll get lucky there I’d say.

As for the TT - those lads are animals & love suffering 😂.

Road race entries Thursday as per Facebook & great entries across the races it seems.

Post edited by dahat on

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Morris Garren

Just asking: there appears to be both a 'Newcastlewest Cycling Club' as well as a 'Newcastle West Wheelers,' both presumably from the same town and with different facebook pages. Who is running the event and which should we be looking towards for official information? Wasnt aware that a small rural town had 2 clubs, or are they the same, just two pages?? I know a club in Leinster only this year had a bit of trouble with a fake page advertising/promoting spam material and behaving like trolls etc etc.

A dedicated event page would probably solve any anomalies but I know this whole event organisation thing is hard enough. Anybody got the inside info? Thanks.

Newcastle West Wheelers are the host club.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Patiently awaiting a start list...... reckon 100 in the masters?

TT lists are published; it appears that one of the Masters women is riding the M40 men.... patiently awaiting clarification !

Let's assume there are a few 'errors' here-- there was facebook commentary about 'seeding' or whatnot, can't be sure how that worked out either.

Let's hope the event goes well in any case

Turns out they lied to me 🤣 Hope it goes well anyway,

Races still open so we won’t see a road entry until Saturday I’d say.

Edit : start list now published for all races. M40 looks the usual high class affair, pray for the legs!!!

Post edited by dahat on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Anyone heading down from Dublin tomorrow eve?

Sorry I studied the M40 list, looks like an A1 race. Should be fast & furious.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭nailik

Anyone where sign on is for the road race? And what time? I'm doing the M50 race, which is due to start at 12.15pm

Than

Is there a no-fly-zone in West Limerick or something? Information on the national championships is close to zero and very scant coverage on any local media yesterday,

Will we send in the pigeons?

Cycle Ireland Insta page for info.

M40 for me- 50km & 42.7 and dropped so game over 😂.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Well, my Mrs is on her way home with a medal! That's all my "Event Participant" and "Sportive Finisher" prizes displaced from the mantlepiece!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭G1032

Any results for today yet? Can't find them anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭G1032

This is a total joke that results of the nationals aren't out yet. What on earth is the delay? Ridiculous

All I know is Vinny Gleason of Greenmount won the M50 from a break.

• Advertisement

Was that info via morse code or semaphore???

I don't want to have a go at race organisers as its a tough gig but the fact that CI cannot coordinate some degree of media output from what is admittedly a very well entered and popular series of championship races is nigh-on ridiculous. I noticed that Sticky Bottle had to re-publish the TT report yesterday as a fair bit of it was arseways but again they are not to blame, working off bits of info from the great beyond.

I dunno Ted... ?

Advertisement