Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLERICAL OFFICER 2022

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 poltort2

By two forms of ID they mean one photographic (your drivers licence?), and one proof of current address (utility bill will do)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭howareyakid

How would one follow up to see if there’s any chance of getting called for interview etc? I got word of a location form for Roscommon last week but with my OOM in the 200s I wouldn’t be too hopeful, but I really have no idea how the process works.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 vanderpump

You can email them and ask them what oom they have reached for interview in your area and that will give you an idea of how close your oom is to being reached

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WednesdayGirl

They were at 26 in Roscommon about a month ago, if I remember right

• Registered Users Posts: 9 VLN

Called for interview a few weeks ago. OOM 50s - Wexford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 ciara_mar

I have three years civil service already 3 years clerical officer and I had just been promoted to EO when I had to leave due to personal circumstances.I didnt actually work as an EO at all I was on maternity leave at the time. I was working in Dublin and my chances of a transfer were very slim at the time anyway. (live in Kildare). Does anyone know if that service will be counted for salary purposes? I have just had my interview for Kildare.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭howareyakid

I’m a fair bit off that so. I though when I was asked for locations, it might have meant I was close to being called, but possibly not by those calculations.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Red Honeysuckle

For all those wondering about location preference forms,

The point in asking for locations is so that eg someone living in Tuam doesn't get interviewed for a position in Clifden and turn it down due to distance so they have to interview someone else for the same job. It's meant to streamline who they call and for what areas, as they know in advance if someone is willing to travel there.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 citygirl22

Hi @ladz would you be able to pm me those interview tips also please. I have my interview Next week , thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nnm

I got the location form last month for Longford, and I am scheduled for interview in August. I'm also in the 200's so was surprised 😮

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WHIreland

I'm so nervous to start my new job, anyone working at the moment have any tips? I left a very high pressured job I I years for for this my nerves are out the window, I'm just hoping I don't have to account for every 15 minutes of work on a timesheet lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Got a message to update location preference for Batch 3 in Meath Kildare, is this a good thing, or has every county received this?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 poltort2

You definitely won't be expected to do that lol... I have started new jobs in the CS twice in less than a year, first as a TCO, and then as a CO and I know you'll be fine. I loved my first TCO job and was really nervous moving to a permanent position (although within the same department but different location), but my manager kept reminding me that no-one expected me to know everything on my first day... every time you within CS, you do something different, but you will be trained and there will always be someone you can ask questions. If you're used to high pressured job, you'll be grand. And more than likely there will be quieter periods but don't worry, no one will judge you. Not your colleagues, nor your manager... Good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Dublin.85

References requested and sent today. 1 week after vetting clearance. I guess it's just a matter of days before I get my location and start date?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Emmah82

@Emmah82 under 2 weeks. And that was for 2 vettings. The standard one for Pas and 1 for AGS which is the department I will be in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

So if a potential CO is asked about going to customs by PAs. Is that a clerical position within or an actual customs officer. Someone turned that down so I’m wondering could I be asked about it

@Banana Republic 1 I've been assigned to An Garda Siochana. Safe to say I'll be working as a clerical officer and not an actual Garda. So I assume it the same case for customs.

Hi All,

I have my interview next week. I’m not good with interviews I’m really nervous. I’ve worked for the same company for 20 years. So I’m useless with interviews any help or tips would be very much appreciated.

@citygirl22 I was the very same. I've been in the same job for 12 years. I was very nervous but a friend of mine helped me prep and I felt much better. Go over the competencies and have as many examples as possible. The interviewers are very nice and they are there to help you. They don't try to catch you out. They will help you if you are struggling with a question. I wasn't as prepared when they asked me about word, excel, bcc -which seems to have caught out a few people. The 30 mins goes by very quick. Make sure to look into the camera when speaking to them. And that your sound and light is all tested before hand. Any other questions, please ask. Best of luck!

• Advertisement

@Dublin.85 thank you 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Avenger2020

Civil Service - extremely toxic place to work - since covid 19 managers (AP and higher) can work from home as they like but force their staff in. It’s shocking what is going on. I know Im in it and I hate my life. Worst thing I ever did was work here as now I can’t even get a reference due to abusive UNSACKABLE managers who abuse their staff without any consequence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

The CSEAS crowd are useless. They are a gimmick paid by DPER (i.e official civil servants) to prevent people leaving the Civil Service and bumping up the renouncing figures. They will encourage a career break or at most change of role. They do very little to help. I say their PDMS might even state “prevent voluntary departures from Civil Service by encouraging career breaks, etc.’

CS is toxic. Management are getting pay increases while threatening not to give staff their increments at end of year in a cost of living crisis. They are shameful. Only care of themselves. No one here will be able to afford rent let a lone teachers. Yet CS managers can abuse staff as they are unsackable this needs to change. Turnover in my department is huge.

The CSEAS and DPER offer career breaks and other gimmicks to prevent people going tothe media saying they quit over abuse.

my advice: don’t get stuck in the CS like me. Use your good references and youth in the private sector were pay in multiple. You will very unlikely climb up in the CS unless you know someone with pull. Typical Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gravytrain22

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone can help i emailed PAS to check what OOM they have reached for my chosen county and reply i got was oom 97 reached i am in the mid 80 but i have heard nothing is this normal.I have passed interview and did get location choices about 2 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WednesdayGirl

OOM 137 for Westmeath and 26 for Roscommon (PAS email this morning)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Update for Meath and Kildare for anyone interested,

To date, we have called up to order of merit 76 for Co. Meath and 55 for Co. Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Hennesm

anyone heard from Mayo or Sligo ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 SirloinSteak

Hi all, sorry I haven't had the chance to reply to everyone who wished me luck when I thought my interview went terrible. Thank you kindly for the well wishes. I passed in the end so I am delighted.

I had my interview about 3 weeks ago on the 23rd of June I believe it was, found out i passed 4 days later, and then this morning I received the email with the forms to fill out, garda vetting, references, etc.

Almost bang on 3 weeks after the interview.

My OOM for Dublin is 1459, in batch 8 for anyone curious.

Advertisement