Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot Spell - Saturday 16th July onwards

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

GFS 00z seems to have more of an overall spread of high 20s, low 30s right across the country on the Monday.

Sunday:

Monday will be the all important event.

Tuesday is the final day of hot weather with a cooldown occuring during the afternoon.

After Tuesday we look set to stay warm for another 5 to 7 days, temperatures generally low twenties but a chance of mid twenties at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭esposito

I really hope we can stay warm to very warm after this hot spell. Looking good so far for that to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Can't say I'm looking forward to it. Hot sweaty weather just puts me in bad humour. Thankfully though its a fairly brief spell regarding the main heat. Would be more looking forward to any thunderstorm potential though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Hi, I'm just here to say that I'm leaving the country for holidays on Sunday for 3 weeks, so based on that, this warm spell is definitely coming to Ireland.

Always

Happens

• Registered Users Posts: 7,031 ✭✭✭timmyntc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

It's like thunder storms.. they only happen when I've left an area..

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Little snowy old me

I really hope this hot spell materialises. I was going to bring my mother to Enniskillen on Monday for a day out and shopping but we postponed it to Wednesday as it will be to warm in the car and for walking around. I also don't want to miss out on the buzz of boards on Monday as the temperatures rise!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

MONTHLY FORECAST, ISSUED TUESDAY 12 JULY 2022

Week 1 (Friday 15 July to Thursday 21 July)

Week 1 will be dominated by high pressure, above average temperatures and mostly dry conditions. There is a chance that there could be some very warm or hot conditions and a combination of high day and night time temperatures could lead to a high temperature warning over next weekend and the early days of next week.

———-

Met Éireanns monthly Forecast issued yesterday

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

It's currently far too early to accurately forecast the risk of thunderstorms during the breakdown.

GFS currently gives a rough guide but this will change alot over the coming days. Currently GFS doesn't have much support for thunderstorms away from Northern Ireland and Wales on the Monday and Scotland on the Tuesday.

GFS 6z rolling out now so this chart will soon be redundant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Im getting a 29 here on monday at the coast in west mayo on the met eireann outlook

with a tropical night following, with a minimum of 20.

This could be the second year in a row that a tropical night will be recorded in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭aidanodr

Well, big diff down south in Cork for next few days inc the monday. At best 21 deg .. alot of 19 deg or less. No real sign of the late 20s 30s. Seems the coastal areas of the country will not see much difference than whats there now. Today is as usual cooler, says 20, no way, I would put it at 16, 17 max. Oh and CLOUD

ECM 00z.

Temps overall through Ireland and UK look on the low side considering the uppers. I wonder is the ECM undercooking this potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,570 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

ECM shows 32C over Meath again on Tuesday @Gonzo on the zoomed in Meteologix maps, about right to me if sunshine and wind direction favour it.

GFS 06z showed a hot Monday with 31C a possibility for inland eastern regions and widely 30C for the Midlands but decently cooler on Tuesday with lots of cloud around, whilst still achieving mid 20s in the east, high teens/low 20s in the west.

GEM almost identical to GFS but warmer on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Cork Airport is literally 19 degrees so you can put it at whatever you want :P that's a fact.

Met Eireann now going for 30C both days Monday and Tuesday for my location. This has to be a once in a lifetime event for Meath just like the 1985 thunderstorm. The temperature in Meath has only reached 30C once since I was born and I'm in my 40s, that's how rare this is!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

You have earned it Gonzo...........crack out those sunglasses and flip flops!

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭WJL

Anyone remember July 1983? I was 7 and it seemed to have several thunderstorms.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,169 ✭✭✭pad199207

High Temperature Advisory for Ireland

• Ireland will experience a hot spell Sunday and into early next week. Day time temperatures will widely reach the high twenties, possibly exceeding 30 degrees in some locations. Remaining uncomfortably warm overnight too. Updates to follow.​
    • Valid: 15:00 Wednesday 13/07/2022 to 00:00 Wednesday 20/07/2022
    • Issued: 15:00 Wednesday 13/07/2022
    • Updated: 16:00 Wednesday 13/07/2022 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭Dazler97

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Billcarson

I suppose it could be said that the upcoming heat is a shorter but sharper period of heat compared to the second half of last July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭Dazler97

I hope the northwest has the highest temperature, I'm amazed dublin is to get so high, so jelious but 29c is expected here so i can't complain

Seems so. Though it could easily build again later in the month.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

From the GEM for Gonzo 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

ME Giving 22 on Sunday and 24 on Monday/Tuesday for my area in Cork. I feel though, the temp is usually higher then ME give for whatever reason. Definitely was last weekend anyway and is usually the case in other heat cases too. Could be to do with stations / the point they base the heat off?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Hairypoppins

Yes as this is a plume scenario, plumes only usually last 3 days if even that here in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭pauldry

It's time to pretend to be sick Monday and Tuesday isn't it?

I'd say the numbers pulling sickies is going to be very high early next week.

"Ehm Hello Boss I have an ehm temperature"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Temperatures of 22 to 24 don't seem very exceptional to me, but maybe they are for Cork city?

A lot of heat stress, mild sunstroke, dehydration.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,570 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Cork is likely to have onshore breezes with it being primarily a southeasterly flow by the looks of things so wouldn't expect very high values there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭pauldry

Cloudy and 28c for Sligo next week and then dropping from 27c to 15c on Tuesday.

Still less than 50percent sunshine of normal here this month. It won't improve a huge lot with the heat as it will be a cloudy heat here. Maybe some hazy sun on Sunday.

Advertisement