Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Ticket Information

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,803 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Category 3 or 4 only and there's not that many of them

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

As a percentage of what provincial season tickets are worth the pricing is nuts overall.

The 3 pack for €260 isn't bad, Fiji is virtually being given away let's just hope people actually use the tickets and don't throw them away like what happened for Samoa a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭Cork2021

Got the email from the supporters club earlier, if you’ve received the email you’ll receive a unique code monday to access ticketmaster for the presale Tuesday the 12th july

Email in...

Dear Member,

We are delighted to let you know that tickets for the Autumn Nations Series 2022 test matches against South Africa, Australia and Fiji will go on sale to members on Tuesday, July 12th at 10 a.m.

You will receive an email on Monday evening with the link for the sale and your unique code.

Please read the details below carefully.

Who is eligible for the ticket sale?

Please note that if you are receiving this email, it means you are eligible for the ticket sale.

We are conscious of the changes to the Supporters Club website over the past 12 months and as such we have included all active members as well as those whose membership was due for renewal recently to ensure that as many members as possible get a chance to participate in the sale.

You do not need access to the Supporters Club website for the sale.

If your membership has lapsed you can renew it after the sale. to be eligible for future sales.

What Tickets Will Be Available?

There will be a range of tickets and ticket packages available for members.

Members’ Match Day Event - Fiji

We are delighted to announce that the Supporters Club Match Day event will take place in the Havelock Suite at the Fiji game – your ticket includes access to the exclusive Level 4 suite before the game, a chance to mingle with friends and family and a post-match appearance from some of the players (the latter is subject to prevailing health guidelines and will be confirmed in advance).

Please note if you wish to attend this even you must buy it as one of your ticket options.

Ticket Sale Date & Time

Members Sale: Tuesday, July 12th, 10a.m.

Purchase Limits

Ireland v South Africa – Members may purchase two (2) tickets.

Ireland v Australia – Members may purchase four (4) tickets.

Ireland Fiji – Members may purchase six (6) tickets

Members may purchase for all three games using their unique code.

Please note that tickets are sold on a first come first served basis and some matches and categories will sell faster than others. Membership does not guarantee tickets for any game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Good that you can buy tickets for multiple matches. I remember before it was only 2 tickets across all NI or 6 Nations games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭trevezel

well, ticketmaster shows supporters club sale and general sale at the same time...does anyone understand that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 aedanknight

If there is anyone who is an IRFU member who won't be purchasing tickets tomorrow can you PM your link, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,785 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

just received my code...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The games are going too sell even with those high prices. No way they will change anytime soon

Simply out of my price range and then add food, drink, transport (some people in Dublin wouldn't have as much expense in that area for the match). Australia game is now kicking off til 8pm

Hoping we'll have a decent lineup for the world cup warm up games next summer

• Registered Users Posts: 45 CAMAC

The prices are mad, people will pay it (including me) but i don’t like to see it shut out other’s opportunity to go. I’ll be bringing my dad, but if I was a kid and he wanted to take me to it back in the day there’s no way he’d justify spending that kind of money

I actually got a pretty good deal for a hotel for two nights for the SA, if I get tickets…. €339 for two nights at Fitzpatricks Castle hotel in Dalkey. Had the the Clayton balls bridge booked but searched again once I heard the price of tickets saves me €200 for the sake of a few dart stops

Email with password received for tomorrow....says packages will be avaliable and that if there are any leftovers a public sale will be on Thursday 14th July.

just got 4 Australia @55 and 2 South Africa @105 !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yup, Supporters Club coming up trumps. Picked up two SA tickets and two Fiji tickets which is what I was going for.

Roll on November.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Ronney

Nice work IRSC,

Picked up 2 Restricted Views for SA and OZ,(€62.50 and €55) bit lighter on the pocket than full whack and sure I'll be up and down for pints with Gerry at the bar so view not really that important😉

• Registered Users Posts: 45 CAMAC

Are the 3 game tickets just one physical ticket? Or are you buying effectively 3 individual tickets?

Side note: This “not leaving a single ticket” is quite annoying, trying to buy two 3 packages and then a third ticket for Australia. Messy I know, but three seats are available together as a 3 game package yet If you go to the australia game you can’t see any of those seats in order for me to buy the 3rd ticket (worst case I’d buy the three 3 game packages but 2 is my limit there) Thankfully someone put me out of my misery and bought the 3rd seat there so I could at least buy 2

Post edited by CAMAC on

Has anyone a code I can use? I’m after making a boo boo!! Was full on 100% positive that I ordered 2 premium tickets for SA! But got south stand blk 517!! I can get a refund but my code is now useless as I’ve purchased the 2 tickets max!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭OldRio

The prices are crazy. I just can't justify it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

100% all this it's shambolic at time's

If you've never been before it's grand day out

But all the above does put you off going again if you've been to a couple matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Tinter Box

Hard to disagree with above. 8 o’clock KO for Australia game on a Saturday could be very messy.

If they closed the bars during the game, it would solve a huge problem. The irfu recently did a survey about how to improve the match day experience and closing bars during the game was an option. Hopefully they're not too deep with Diagieo that they could actually do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The craic be mighty though

6N home games next year are England and France so those high prices are going nowhere sadly.

Maybe cheaper options for the World Cup warm up games next summer/early Autumn

• Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Not going to happen and it isnt the issue people make it out to be. There isnt many issues bar people simply going in/out to queue at bar/go to bathroom. they wont close bars during game or make people drink in foyer and not at seats until there is enough reason to change.

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. It is an issue. I've seen it with my own eyes, I've friends who go on about it, I've work colleagues who've mentioned it. It's been mentioned even in match reports by the Irish Times and Irish Independent. I have two different friends who aren't bothered with internationals anymore because of the cost of tickets vs the match day atmosphere including how much of a joke the drink situation is. if you're unlucky and in the wrong section and on an aisle seat, you can be up and down every five minutes with people constantly running for drinks and then toilet breaks because of drinks.

I do agree with you mind, that it won't change. As long as punters roll in, corporates gobble up tickets and the food/drink stands generate ludicrous returns (particularly at €7+ a pint), it ain't going anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

If anyone had a code they weren't using, I'd be most obliged if they were to share it with me...:-)

Otherwise, I'll be trying my luck tomorrow in public sale. I totally get what people say about atmosphere etc. but I'm a sucker for going to see Ireland play, still love the match day experience with my Da, we've been doing it for 25 years so why stop the habit of a lifetime eh?

Irt really isnt the issue or enough of one to cause bars to close. People going in/out can be annoying and if youre beside people just going in/out all day its frustrating but thats live entertainment for you. They wont close the bars during the game and wont make people drink out in the concourse unless there were enough reason to(ie crowd trouble/altercations etc).

You can say "that's live entertainment for you" and you're somewhat correct but its more that it's live entertainment in Ireland. I've been to my fair share of gigs and games abroad and have never seen the same level of boozing and occasional disinterest in the act/game at gigs than I have here.

It is utterly inarguable that the match day atmosphere in the Aviva is pitiful, you're deluded if you think its a good one. A large part of that is because it is seen as more of a social event than a sporting event.

I am not arguing with you whatsoever or what they will or won't do. They of course won't change it and from their perspective, why would they. Is it reason enough to close the bars? As I said, as long as people are filing in and tickets are like gold dust, of course they won't change it.

But the atmosphere is dog-shít in that stadium and a large part of that is down to the direct and indirect effects of punters drinking so much at the game and treating it as a social event.

• Advertisement

I didnt say anything about atmosphere being good in the aviva. It is crap for many games but that isnt due to people going in/out for drinks anyway.

They'll never close bars during the game the best you could hope for is that they stop people drinking at there seats like at soccer internationals, Ive been to plenty abroad as well and also have worked bar/hospitality levels at most big grounds in ireland. and it isnt the issue its being made out to be by some

Advertisement