Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭hometruths

I know one is thousands times less than the other, scientists know this too, it has already been posted.

You haven't posted it! Neither has anybody else. You just keep saying that the fatality rate of the vaccines shows that 40k deaths is an implausible figure. Well great, tell us what the fatality rate is and prove yourself right. You appear to be unwilling or unable to post this fact you are so certain of. Once again.

You want to refute this, which means you need to bring more than your imagination to the table.

Says the poster who wants to refute the 40k number with the vaccine fatality rate, and yet has brought nothing more than their imagination to the table. Once again.

When you are told numbers you fall back to pedant mode without offering any alternate (or just miss the relevant data entirely ;)).

But you haven't posted any numbers. This is becoming quite the pattern. You don't actually post any figures, you just claim that you have posted them and then accuse me of being pedantic when I point out that you haven't actually posted them. Once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fr0g

Er no. That is the opposite of what I'm saying.

I have posted in other forums where they are much more civil and open to debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

All been posted before, by myself among others, that you missed it or don't get it isn't on anyone but you.

Start with your own numbers and reasoning rather than making numbers up or relying on others, or don't and just continue to be wrong (I wonder if King mob had said 20k would you have just agreed as well?).

The fatality rate for the vaccines has not been posted, by you or anybody else.

And no matter how many times you repeat yourself, it doesn't make it true. Once again it's odd that you're prepared to spend time posting again and again that you have already posted the thing that proves me wrong, yet you are unwilling or unable to simply repost the thing that proves me wrong.

And again I'll point out to you I'm not making up any numbers - I was asked by KingMob did I think this figure was plausible and I replied that it was.

You jumped all over it, lecturing about how the CFR for the vaccines proves that this 40k figure is wrong, but amusingly you are actually unable to quote what the CFR is!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

OK. So then your saying that the study is wrong and invalid?

And if you're posting this stuff on other forums and it isn't a conspiracy theory, why here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

Thats a lot of reading, a lot of calculations and it's very well researched.

Ratios and proportions are all well and good, but it probably comes down to demographics too.

Just in case you're not familiar with what demographics are.

Demographic analysis is the study of a population-based on factors such as age, race, and sex. Demographic data refers to socioeconomic information expressed statistically, including employment, education, income, marriage rates, birth and death rates, and more.

It's probably a bit more advanced than primary school maths.

You want others to come on and prove your imaginary anti-vax numbers for you?

Mine have been proven and posted, you have a fantasy in your head that is going nowhere.

Also pretty telling that he only seems to care about nitpicking figures that don't look good for the conspiracy.

If it's a figure claimed by an anti-vaxxer though, like say the claim that the vaccine killed 40,000 to 100,000 to possibly several million, he's not interested.

I am not asking you to prove my numbers. They are not my numbers. I had made no comment whatsoever on this point, but nonetheless I was asked did I agree if the number was plausible and I said I did.

For whatever reason you chose not to contradict whoever originally posted them, but chose to tell me that my opinion on the plausibility was demonstrably wrong because "The CFR for vaccines is nowhere near your numbers"

But oddly enough you don't appear to know what the CFR for the vaccines actually is.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Sure you can break it down into different age groups etc if you want, and people have done in tracking who has and hasn't got vaccines and who has and hasn't got ill/ hospitalised/ died.

But the article you posted didn't use any complex maths, it just stated that X thousand was a bigger number than Y hundred and from that claimed that therefore vaccines were killing people. The fact check on that article merely uses the very basic maths of does 2/10 show a bigger risk than 200/10,000 (the numbers themselves are irrelevant to the point).

Is Reuters lying about those calculations? That is all you need to ask yourself regarding which source to believe, don't need to get into anything about demographics, just have they got that very simple maths wrong?

• Advertisement

Correction, you don't know what the CFR for the vaccines is, thus have no argument to make, as usual :) You must have a reason for it to be plausilbe bar an anti-vax fantasy in your own head.

Where next will you spin to?

(though I see King Mob is also now leading you wherever he wants 🤣)

Well maybe it's the observation that big numbers are more eye catching than anything else, and that catches people more than brass tacks do.

It's hard to keep up with it all, that Reuter's report was very complex in part's,I downloaded it and read through it, took me age's.

I have a thing where words sometimes jump about and I have a tendency to be more metalogical than the average person when I am trying to figure things out They do seem like they have good fact checkers. As I've been looking at their other fact checking and they're definitely not biased. Actually I ended up looking at them fact checking other stories and it's probably worth staying in touch with Reuter's.

Correct, I don't know what the CFR for the vaccine is, which is why I am asking you, as you do claim to know what it is.

But you are not prepared to state what it is. Very odd behaviour.

The obvious explanation is that you don't know what it is and are talking out of your backside. Once again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

So do you now accept their fact check on the article you linked to?

I think we'll need further analysis as time goes on, but they're looking good for the moment. But these numbers are interchangeable. So let's give time time.

Get back to me in 6 months time. And we'll see if it's consistency keeps on track.

But when you refuse to address questions and points or back up claims, it's totally because you're choosing not to, right?

I have ignored some of your questions either because they are silly or you are deliberately misrepresenting something or somebody.

I have not made a claim and refused to back up that claim when asked. If you think I have, quote the claim I have made and refused to back up, and I will address it. You get annoyed when I do not back up claims that you say other posters have made - that's ridiculous.

astrofool claimed that my opinion that the 40k figure was plausible was demonstrably wrong because "The CFR for vaccines is nowhere near your numbers"

All I am asking is that he shares this knowledge of what the CFR for vaccines is. It does not seem like a big ask, assuming he actually knows what this is and it is not just a figment of his imagination.

So what's to stop him from declaring that your question is silly or deliberately misrpresenting something?

Also, why do you not show similar curiosity about the claims being made by your fellow conspiracy theorists.

Like for example, why have you not asked for the evidence or reasoning to support the figure of 40,000 to 100,000 or possibly millions of deaths?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

But, it wasn't a 'red flag.' It was unrelated to vaccination and was immediately refuted.

Do you just want to believe the vaccines are risky? Not based on data, or science, just want? Because that makes you a conspiracy theorist.

So what's to stop him from declaring that your question is silly or deliberately misrpresenting something?

He directly contradicted my post, offering the specific counterargument "The CFR for vaccines is nowhere near your numbers"

I presume common sense is stopping him from declaring that my question in response "OK, what is the CFR for vaccines?" is silly or deliberately misrepresenting something.

If it is not common sense, it could be the forum charter.

• Advertisement

Again, you're in the conspiracy forum. Your fellows have claimed things like the vaccine makes people magnetic and that space travel doesn't exist.

Really weird for you to be concerned about common sense now.

You've also dodged my question about why you are not asking your fellows about the source for their number. By your own argument...

I sense an obsession starting again :)

Anything to avoid posting numbers that prove their fantasies wrong again.

Remember that the theorist is the one who needs to bring their numbers to refute the science (even if they've been posted multiple times already, just like the proven severity data).

hometruths, just so it's clear, you need to bring the numbers and reasoning, no one can do that for you as when they have you never ever understand them anyway. This means you need to stand by what you bring and concede when they are inevitably proven wrong by everyone else.

Or you can just go with your feelings or abandon science like your compatriots.

Everyone was more than patient with your craziness before and you learned 0 and still haven't picked up the most simple facts and data.

You've also dodged my question about why you are not asking your fellows about the source for their number.

I haven't dodged your question because I cannot answer it or whatever else you think I am up to. I ignored it because it is silly.

It is a silly question because the only reason I ever commented on the 40k figure was when you asked me did I think it was plausible. As far as my participation in this discussion goes you are the source of this figure. I don't really care where you got it from, you asked me a simple question and I gave you a simple answer.

That simple answer was I think it is plausible. If you'd asked me 50k or 60k, the answer would have been the same. The source of whatever number you asked me is irrelevant.

Getting shirty now that I am not interested in the source of this number is just silly, and a total waste of time - mine and yours.

Lol. I'm asking you now why you aren't interested in the source of the 40000+ figure.

Why would that be not relevant?

Why do you then thinK a source for another number is relevant?

I think it's clear that you didn't ask and weren't interested because as always, you're not willing to challenge or disagree with your fellow conspiracy theorists.

So you believe that 40,000 to millions is a plausible figure.

How about less than that?

10,000?

2,000?

Also plausible?

Post edited by King Mob on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭patnor1011

No the maths won't change over time. It has always been the same, and will always be the same.

Yup. A paper in an economy jounral that's been glombed onto by the grifter media.

"Expose news" is not a reliable source.

Meanwhile, you guys ignore things published in medical journals and claim that they are fraudulent based on nothing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

This thread is now “I don’t understand, therefore the vaccines are dangerous.”

Ye conspiracy theorists are hilarious

• Advertisement

I sense an obsession starting again :)

Anything to avoid posting numbers that prove their fantasies wrong again.

Remember that the theorist is the one who needs to bring their numbers to refute the science (even if they've been posted multiple times already, just like the proven severity data).

hometruths, just so it's clear, you need to bring the numbers and reasoning, no one can do that for you as when they have you never ever understand them anyway. This means you need to stand by what you bring and concede when they are inevitably proven wrong by everyone else.

Or you can just go with your feelings or abandon science like your compatriots.

Everyone was more than patient with your craziness before and you learned 0 and still haven't picked up the most simple facts and data.

Advertisement