Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eye cream that actually works for wrinkles at 30 years old

• 03-08-2018 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭

Hi All, 

I'm a 30 year old student with wrinkles under by eyes and I've tried eye wrinkle creams but sadly with no success, I don't have the money to keep wasting on creams that don't work, does anyone recommend an eye cream that actually works for eye wrinkles? I don't really care about dark circles as this is not my problem, its the wrinkles that are the problem, and i know water and diet and exercise and moisturiser/spf and genetics all play a part too, just need a good eye cream, thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Do you think it's dehydration lines rather then wrinkles?
    If it is something with hyaluronic acid should help with that, and also drinking water!
    Nuetrogen have a hydro boost range that are at the cheaper end, I'm currently using their eye gel every morning, it's nice and light!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Recently went to a dermatologist who told me eye creams dont work, her exact words were 'why do you think we run a botox clinic if creams get rid of wrinkles' She told me that no cream can get rid of or prevent wrinkles, the only things you can do to help your skin is wear a high spf, wash your makeup off properly and use a retin A. The only way to get rid of lines and wrinkles is to get botox, fillers, peels, face lifts and some facials can temporarily give a lifting effect.
    I feel your pain btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

Thanks Ginger and Airy fairy, think I'm only seeing these messages now, now I don't care too much about my under eye wrinkles but my frown lines instead 😂🙈 currently trying to find a safe qualified and cost effective place to get it done as botox doesn't work sadly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Pretty much. I've read that the only sure fire way to tackle wrinkles is spf and retinol when at home.

But for more drastic measures there is botox which is very simple treatment or laser which is more of a permanent option.

Unfortunately it's all so expensive trying to look your best, tough being a woman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Sugar_Rush

I was applying retin-A and did so mistakenly under my eyes.

Very sensitive skin there and I dramatically accentuated some hardly visible creases by way of drying the skin.

The mechanism behind creams vs creases is hydration.

Spoke with the botox Dr who said use a retinol eye cream twice daily for 8 weeks and they should improve, which I've been doing.

I'm noticing improvements.

So I think there's something to be said for correct ingredients and good product.

I use botox for forehead static lines (works wonders), 11's/frown lines and crows feet additionally.

Curious about this new treatment "Profilho" claiming to be hyaluronic acid administered into the dermal layer?

In physics we trust....... (as insanely difficult to decipher as it may be)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,970 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

He is.

Also, why are you of the opinion that Botox won't work on your frown lines? That's one of the areas it's most effective at treating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭dontmindme

FFS...just accept yourself and the fact that you're getting older...it's nothing to feel shame about.

It helps only so much, I'm still left with my stagnant line after treatment

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭dontmindme

Well OK then - if you like suffering, who am I to stand in your way...

30 is young to get wrinkles in fairness.

How about getting a child's SPF lotion, factor 50, and dabbing it on the areas in question all year 'round? Unfortunately I don't think you'll actually make them disappear, but you could improve the appearance of them. And otherwise, I recommend plain auld Olay - I find it fantastic. Makes my skin feel so soft and hydrated, and the SPF one makes it look smoother. Plus as said, hydrate to bejeebus. I think lots of us don't drink enough water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

She's a 30 year old STUDENT the winkles come with drinking and studying .

At this stage I'm closer to 35 than 30 and have been through so much stress in life you'd think I was an actor in a day time soap. I wear mineral spf every day. But I never looked after my skin in my 20s so I'm sure that didn't help. But thank you, may give the oul Olay a go. I'm big into my water so hopefully I'm covered there.

After foolishly applying Tretinoin (prescription retinol) to my under-eye areas and developing creasing, I was looking into some routines for this also.

I'd considered botox for undereyes but, it's not typically recommended and in contrast to the forehead which has minimal side effects, under eye has the potential to develop slightly more concerning complications.

So I initially tried some aliexpress and boots-brand eye cream, both pretty much ineffective.

At the moment I'm using a combination of Nip-Fap 0.1% retinoid eye cream and 24k Gold under-eye masks.

The masks are great, really hydrating and eliminate the creases but, it only seems to last for about 24 hours, the skin returns to normal hydration and the crease returns.

I'm early in the routine though - perhaps it just needs more time.

• Advertisement

Thanks for sharing, I find botox and Olay Eyes Pro-Retinol Eye Treatment Moisturiser 15 ml For Deep Wrinkles really good and usually 50 % off in boots regularly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,027 ✭✭✭✭anewme

If you are having deep wrinkles at 30 years of age, then it might be worth seeing a dermatologist in casethere is something more at play.

I did not think Botox was recommended for people under 40.

Do you actually get the botox injections under your eyes?

Where do you go?

I know Therapie clinic don't do those injections.

Everyone is different, genetics and environment, diet, alcohol, cigarettes, yoyo dieting, make up/tan and spf or lack there is have a role to play in our skin.

I wouldn't say I have deep wrinkles, just wrinkles

I do, I get them done with Dr. Joanne O’Riordan in cavan. I looked up Therapie clinic and the reviews didn't look too promising.

Do you remember how many injection sites she used under the eye (one or two or more?)?

Or did she happen to mention how many units she administered for that area?

Just out of curiosity also;

Did you manage to solve the 11's line problem?

You mentioned an initial round of botox didn't really get rid of the frown lines.

I spoke to a botox doc recently who mentioned sometimes, depending on the strength of the facial muscles, they go way over and above the conventional doses to effectively treat some lines.

When she inspected me she said it would take maybe 50 to 100% more botox to really freeze the forehead and corrugator lines cause that musculature is very heavy/pronounced in my case.

Did this O'Riordan person get your frown lines under control?

Hi Sugar rush, sorry for the late reply, gosh i think its like 3 punctures/injection sites per each eye, can't remember units im afraid, but i ask for the minimum as i dont want to look fake.

Yes so getting it done every 8-12 weeks might solve the problem initially however the potential consequences of receiving such regular botox may leave you with a hallow area in the injected site which I don't think is worth it so i just get the botox done twice a year. It means my skin isn't perfect however it means it looks natural and not obvious that im getting botox so kind of a balance. I also use olay pro retinal eye cream which I think helps the crows feets (they do half price offers in boots)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Just reading over this here and I've remember the post about the under eye wrinkles @Pissy Missy

Any luck in that regard? Also is it crows feet area or directly under the eyes? Mine were vertical lines near the crows feet area. Like I said on the other thread using frownies has pretty much made them very close to non existent now.

I'd recommend them if not too close to the eye area.

Also to the guy that said embrace your age, I agree embrace it but I don't think that's got much to do with reducing wrinkles. Personally I feel a much happier person since I've stumbled upon this fix and hope others can too.

• Advertisement

Hi, i found frownies did nothing for me, i would highly recommend olay proretinol eye cream and olay retinol 24 hr eye cream and botox

Advertisement