Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭snowcat

Thats bonkers. The vaccine causes pretty significant side effects that might/could/will kill vulnerable adults. I believe they stopped giving it in Denmark to very frail elderly as it was killing them. There is lots of healthy vaxx recipients here that had considerable reactions to the injection. Several days of nausea, bed bound etc after injection. My own mate who is young and boosted had severe breathing issues after his first injection but has peristed to booster status. 3000 deaths after billions of vaccines would be a statistic anomoly. There is many more than that. The margin of error would be many times that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Ok then. Show your figures of how many people have died from the vaccine. I expect you to ignore the request like every other request for evidence posed to you so far.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭hometruths

What King Mob is asking is why you think 40k is plausible, if you have no answer to that, then say so, asking others to provide the answer for you again (when you lack the capability to understand it) is disingenuous.

And here we go again - I think 40k is plausible because of the sheer volume of vaccinations - over 12 billion doses administered to over 5 billion people. In that context 40k deaths in which the vaccine is a contributing factor seems highly plausible.

In your opinion, it is not remotely plausible. Fine, as I said to KingMob, I don't have any problem with a difference of opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

So, you are saying that 1/125,000 will die from the vaccine (any COVID-19 vaccine it must be added). To come to that conclusion, you must have evidence of vaccine deaths, how many have occurred in Ireland? Given the anti-vax hysteria around them, a person like yourself would surely have this number (and again I notice others having to do simple math for you, were you unable to do it yourself, or were you just afraid of having to present some tiny bit of evidence finally?).

Do you not agree that from you, your friends, family and anectotal evidence that have had the vaxx and have had significant side effects that this might cause the death of someone who is seriously ill or frail?

• Advertisement

They stopped giving it to people in Norway who had days left to live, guidance was updated internationally for this as well (they wouldn't normally give any treatments bar palliative care to people in this group, even minor treatments are avoided or are done with the risks known where the alternate is a lot of pain for the person).

Excellent you have agreed they stopped giving it because it was killing them.

Do I think it is plausible that the vaccine has been a contributing factor in 32 deaths in Ireland out of 4 million vaccinated people? Yes I do.

Once again I have told you I am not basing this on any evidence of vaccine deaths, KingMob asked me a simple question and I gave him a simple answer based on the numbers of the global vaccine roll out. It's an opinion.

Now if you have evidence or data that contradicts my opinion, fine - share it and we can discuss it. If you have no evidence and you're simply stating that in your opinion, my opinion is wrong, well that's fine too. But there is not much more to discuss if neither of us has any evidence to back up our opinions.

Why should we be having this discussion on a safe vaccine? Again I think mRNA and the absolute failure of those vaccines re infection has set back the vaccine cause for years

There is 0 evidence of the Covid-19 vaccines having caused 32 deaths in Ireland hence your opinion is wrong. You may get to this number in the UK with some of the Adenovector vaccines and the blood clots they could cause.

Also interesting that you are now mentioning the older groups where the CFR for SARS-COV2 is much higher than the rest of the population (hence why most vaccines are put in terms of risk/benefit with the benefit of SARS-COV2 vaccines being higher than many childhood vaccines).

Again, this has now turned to the realm of anti-vax wishcasting.

• Advertisement

Well, no, they stopped because the efficacy for the vaccines would only kick in after they were expected to die anyway, not because the vaccine was killing them, funny that you tried to reach another conclusion, swing and a miss again.

If anything, vaccines are now back to the top of the agenda for a lot of pharma and we should see many more and updated vaccines come on the market, it will be a tough time for those with an anti-vax agenda (is it still the same 12 people generating most of the content that's then spread by others?).

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Yea, you're still not explain why you believe that number is too low. You're not explaining the reason for that claim.

You are simply stating that you think it's too low because you think it's too low.

That's not a good argument and it's not a good basis for an opinion.

And as usual you are misrepresenting my position in a display of sheer hypocrisy.

I didn't say "the global media would be demanding answers" for anything over 3000 deaths.

I said that if 40,000 people were killed by the vaccine that this would have been noticed and reported on.

Remember you guys were wailing about the slightly increased occurrence of myocarditis. This was a tiny number that was detected and studied extensively and the majority of those cases weren't fatal.

Remember also that one vaccine was paused yo much media fan fare because of the POSSIBILITY of slightly increased risk of (mostly non fatal) blood clots. This was based on a few dozen cases.

You are arguing that experts and monitoring bodies would somehow miss or not notice 40,000 to several million deaths as well an even more massive number of associated near deaths.

Or are you going to claim that these aren't being missed but rather covered up.

Also interesting that you are now mentioning the older groups where the CFR for SARS-COV2 is much higher than the rest of the population (hence why most vaccines are put in terms of risk/benefit with the benefit of SARS-COV2 vaccines being higher than many childhood vaccines).

What is more interesting is that I didn't mention the older groups where the CFR for SARS-COV2 is much higher than the rest of the population.

Are you saying the vaccine is more likely to kill older people than younger?

OK. So you're not proposing a conspiracy theory and you only want to discuss the scientific evidence.

So why post in the conspiracy theories forum?

So you are saying they were due to die before the efficacy of the vaccines would kick in. Nice to know the extreme pro vaxxers know when people are due to die and decide to hold off on the shot. Absolute bonkers

I'm not saying anything, just noting the gish gallop process you are engaging in.

But it also means you're not saying anything other than ranting with 0 to back you up.

Still no such thing as extreme pro vaxxers.

Please also remember how you guys were claiming that the virus wasn't a danger because according to you lot it was only killing people who were going to die of something else.

Yes there is same as extreme anti vaxxers. You like being in a club King Mob but dont like being called out on it? So is it a conspiracy that a 90 year old with cancer might be tipped over if she takes the injection?

Cool. So what are you basing this on?

Personal anecdotes don't really count for much. In my personal experience my friends only had mild reactions to the vaccine. So I can claim that there were no severe side effects, right?

As a scientist yourself, I'm sure you understand what palliative care is and the variables and estimates from the experts involved.

So another anti-vax path has ended up with 0 evidence of issues with Covid vaccines safety and it's gone back to ranty nit-picking.

• Advertisement

You would be wrong though. Loads and loads of people i know had nasty nasty reactions to the injection.

But this has been explained to you many times. There's no such thing as extreme round earthers. There's no such thing as extreme pro 9/11ers.

And no man, that's not my argument, that's a straw man you're creating.

I'm pointing out your hypocrisy is moaning about "knowing when people die" when that was the argument being presented by conspiracy theorists.

And loads and load of people I know didn't have nasty reactions. I don't know anyone who had nasty reactions.

So there aren't any if we are to apply your logic.

Are you basing you claims about 3000 deaths being too low because of the vague recollections about reactions from your friend group and nothing else?

If so, do you not see the issue with that?

As usual deflects from the point and brings it back to the anti vaxxers. They are all the same. Tiresome

And stop using the 'man' thing. Im not your man

Lol, I didn't deflect from the point. I addressed it directly and told you that it's not what I'm arguing and it's a poor attempt at a strawman.

You however were deflecting from the point that there is still no such animal as extreme pro vaxxer.

And you are deflecting from the fact that you guys were declaring people who died due to covid actually were dying anyway.

Loads of whitewashing as usual with the EPV. There is millions of vaxxed on here. Hands up if you were bedbound for 2 days. Sick as ****. Headache. Been fully vaxxed and boosted. Check check check

Sorry are you accusing me of lying now? That would be massively hypocritical.

No one in my friend group had any severe reactions.

I don't consider being bed bound "severe" compared to death or hospitalisation.

So by your argument I am completely justified in claiming that there are no deaths from the vaccine. Right?

If not, why not and why does that not apply to your argument?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

As expected, you won’t show evidence. I do not know anyone they had significant side effects. Sore arm for a day or so, yes. Fewer with minor headache for the same length of time. However, they are not significant side effects. Now please show your figures of deaths.

• Advertisement

Turns out way back in January 2021, that Norway had concerns about the possibility that the vaccines "may have contributed to a fatal outcome in some frail patients" after identifying 23 deaths in which the vaccine was potentially a factor after only a few weeks of vaccination and 42,000 people received their first dose.

Sigurd Hortemo, chief physician at the Norwegian Medicines Agency, said the assessments suggest that common adverse reactions to mRNA vaccines, such as fever and nausea, may have contributed to a fatal outcome in some frail patients.

"We cannot rule out that adverse reactions to the vaccine occurring within the first days following vaccination (such as fever and nausea) may contribute to more serious course and fatal outcome in patients with severe underlying disease," the statement added.

If the chief physician in Norway cannot rule out vaccines being a factor in 23 deaths out of 42,000 vaccinees, then 40,000 deaths from 5 billion seems plausible to me.

Advertisement