Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Greasy Paw

There will be savage pressure on Kilkenny to win this game. If they lose it will be the first time they ever won three Leinster Titles in a row and failed to top it up with one All Ireland. It will be ramped up further by the fact that Lynch and Casey are off and their supporters will put more pressure on them on account of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,728 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

If they were in print media Monday they had to be done over the weekend or probably Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Conversations 3

All the pressure is on Limerick, 3 in a row and think they should have won in 19, that's all they'll be thinking of.

Kilkenny, underdogs and not expected to win, a lot of younger lads on the team, nowhere near as much pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Greasy Paw

Yes, but if we have Lynch, Casey and possibly one other player, off, expectation will grow. I am living up here and KK People are certainly getting more confident with even talk of all the smart money going on Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭High bike

Possibly one other player off,who's that supposedly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭billyhead

Someone mentioned Nash. A huge loss if he's unavailable. He would be my player of the year so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Read online today Nicky Quaid has a possible concussion anyone else hear of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Conversations 3

Jesus, are they dropping like flies or is the rumour mill.in overdrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭billyhead

They must be battering the shite out of each other in training.

We'll be lucky to field a team I'd be taking all that apart from Lynch with a pinch of salt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

Don’t worry. Heard Tj Reid tore his Achilles while out piking bales this pm…..Cody also has covid and will have to resort to MS Team/Zoom for Sunday….

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

Ticketmaster have some tickets available for the final there.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,728 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Same team as the semi except Murphy replacing Lynch on the bench.

Lower Hogan ticket available face value if anyone's interested

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭mossie11

I am very interested in this, how do I contact you?

I'll send u a pm now

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭davidx40

Pair of Davin Stand Lower Tier section 317 row R for sale ...PM if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

best of luck lads in the final , slighly envious of not being there ourselves but i doubt it would change the out come

i reckon will o'donohue will pick up adrian mullan , tom morressy will look after tj sean finn to follow cody , if not him it will be Byrne's , Byrne's is a colossi's as good as tj from long range and one of the best defenders in the country .

to be fair it will be tight , kilkenny will go close to hitting the 30 point mark , expect them to hit somthing like 1-13 / 2-10 from play , and with a fussy referee like colm lyons in charge you can add on another 12 points from tj

i expect to see a rotating full forward line with gilane in full casey and kyle interchanging , when we made changes in the two corners in the semi final we started getting results in the second half , i cant see casey and hayes getting cleaned , hue lawlor is a no go zone so maybe a quiet day in store for aaron g , exciting game to look forward to from a neutral point of view best of luck

P.S if ye win , no need for beeping inside clare county bounds either sunday night we never done that to ye 🤔 ....

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭murtyd17

Completely the other way around. Limerick are heavy favourites - rightly so - kk have a chance but your savage pressure is a bit off the mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭einn32

We'll never be in a better position to do it. Some effort so far but KK will not go away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

Great game best team won..ye seemed to be able to get scores more easily..we had to work harder for ours

Enjoy.the celebrations

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Well Done Limerick. Fantastic team.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Denny61

Easy win when you have jp as a friend ..

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Munsterbhoy

Just an amazing game , and KK gave it all but I suppose resilience, experience and the impact from the bench got us over the line. Winning without arguably our greatest player in the modern era and Peter Casey who has been out so long and maybe wasn't match sharp is some achievement. I think Reidy Boylan stepping up today can be huge for us. With the age profile of the squad they really can push on to more glory.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Fair play Limerick. Some team. Sobering day for all the other teams.

Very like Dublin 6 in a row.

They can get close, but actually beating ye is a massive step, composure coming down the strait is impeccable. Its a bit like whack a mole with ye, keep hegarty quite in semi final, gillane runs amok, keep gillane quiet in final, hegarty runs amok. Just serious players all over the place.

What a game it was though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭Charlie69

Congratulations to Limerick on the three in a row, I thought we had ye today when Hogan scored the equalizer but fair play ye're a great team and were deserving winners in the end. Enjoy the celebrations.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭dobman88

I was lucky that today was my 1st ever time to attend a hurling match due to getting a spare off a friend at late notice and it was an absolute privilege to see this Limerick team live. Watching on telly is grand but seeing those players play was different gravy.

I'm not sure what else can be said about Gearoid Hegarty but he had me out of my seat a few times and I was there as a neutral who doesn't know a whole pile about hurling. What an absolute superstar.

I really hope Limerick fans are enjoying this period of success and enjoy the celebrations this week. Congrats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

totally agree , limerick suffered so much for years it was almost unfair , we have a huge rivalry between the two counties we live in each others ears , between work or socializing i hate the banter between us and them because i always over react and never know fully if they are being serious or taking the piss

two stories , 1 , i was in st johns hospital shortly after clare won in 2013 , an elderly limerick man was in the ward across from me , he spent about an hour and a half talking about all the times he had been to Dublin and came home emptyhanded before i was called for my operation , i hope he lived long enough to witness days like today but i doubt it sadly

2, when clare beat limerick in 2013 , after the game we were in a pub in o'connell st a man in his early 40s was finishing his dinner in a limerick jersy totally despondent to his wife and kids beside him , asking him questions or trying to gain his attention , he had seen enough , he was beyond depressed i never felt sorry for an opposition supporter as much

the county has had such bad luck over the years they themselves taught they would never win another all ireland , tonight they have 4 in the last 5 years , fantastic achievement, well done limerick!!

Advertisement