Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Eagle's Way does the business in 3:20, World Without Love out of places by a neck, meh to that.

😁

i accept full responsibility me 😋 dinna hexpect me to have a lorra selections 2moro tho 😄

Out places by a hd again 🤬 Porfin goes into everybody's notebook for having unbelievably bad luck in running 😂

i'll get on it presently missus 😊 - ur words of encouragement have me galvanized into "getting the books out" [so to speak] 😁

• Advertisement

Thursday 14th July 2022

An 'interesting' outsider 😋

5.00 Killarney - Going: Good

Eugene M O'Sullivan has three entered here,, 2 are 'in' presently, plus 1's a reserve,,, not liking reserve much; but he also has ~5/2 ~turd fav Meetingofthewaters, who looks to me as tho he could do with softer ground conditions,,,

none of the top ones in betting appeal, tho ~5/4 fav Benny The Duke should go close - no interest at all in backing him at a best priced 11/8 however,,

pen landed on HEADSCRATCHER 50s ew & 40/1 ew (w/o jolly Benny The Duke) ,, a longshot what has three PtP runs behind him,, Looks to be #owned/trained/bred and jocked😂 by t'O'Sullivan crew, and was 'handled' [as those of us with a half decent timepiece refer to PtP trainers, or 'Handlers' 😂] by Yoojeen when going poynt to poynting..

#something what Blake, McLean et al might tell us iff, and only after this horse has been well punted - assuming of course the 7yr old ballless son of Oscar will/might be "well punted" ,, Well, i'mmma saying it now 'early doors' cos that's the kind of guy i am 😃

LSS (or Long Story Short, but, to save time typing all that out, i acronymicised it - clever eh😊) No.1 is thinking it cud be plot job for down in t'Kingdom on da morrow 😁 Very speculative alright, but that's how i'm wont to roll (others bend down, put they heads 'tween they legs, nd lean forward - each to dere own vis a vis 'rolling' eh? 🙂 ) betimes,,, i'm not expecting much; only that the jockey will put his charge intee race, so as to give outside e/w backers hope in this Kerry Drain Services Maiden Hurdle 4-y-o plus,,

Might cud be i'll chance laying the aforementioned Meetingofthewaters ~5/2 to win, as a three/four-place lay also .. also thinking of laying 2/1 jolly Glenglass, of Gordon's, for three/four-places also,,, will hope a few of these are good enuf to beat the 2nd and third favs here; though i haven't given most of t'field much consideration,, thinking is, the form thus far shown by Meetingofthewaters & Glenglass shouldn't be good enough to be involved in a half-decent maiden [tho this do look like a poor maiden]

☺️

Chepstow - Going: Good to firm

2 o'c Chepstow

too many picks here 😪 plus a couple i've reluctantly felt obliged to swerve,,

v tricky; perhaps i should've left this race off, but, knowing me as well as one [ie me] can possibly know anyone, when t'brain - apparently - is only operating @ ~20% (think it was upgraded from ~10%, about the same time Pluto lost its planetary status [tho i'm nt full sure on that score] ) can possibly know anyone; tis v difficult for me not to back 'em, that is if me finds them, which me did 😋

t'jollies: Pontius 11/4 has only had 5 races, and he hit crossbar lto over the similar trip at Brighton - when well supported - but is short enuf, and might be [hopefully, at least] tapped for toe at some (critical p'raps) stage & Redredrobin 10/3 also has a piece of 'crossbar-hitting' form at Brighton, but has never won in 14 races and appears short enuf as well,, * chance 3/4-plce lays on these two at short prices,,

*i 'offer up' prices if none are around for them 'place-lays' , or don't like the current available odds etc nd go lower; other times i lay at the 'available to lay prices' ,, TooMuchConfusionDon'tUnderstand, or TMCDU - i don't always get 'matched' wit me lay/plcelays, but i back all me (or well over 95% anyroad) win nd ew picks, cos i is 'straightshooter' and #'shining folk on' on what read thread aint what i is ahbout,,,,

#that said; i do have 'revenge' / 'umbrage-taking' fantasies whereby (if i'm in a betting emporium/pub where folk who like to gamble frequent - altho' , since ye 'Shamdemic' started, i've hardly set foot in a battlecruiser) if some kernt (what might be partially inclined towards a punt) thinks - for whatever reason - that i knows me onions, when it comes to punting; in such a situation i might be inclined to tell a mate (not too loud, but loud enuf for said kernt to hear) about one i 'really like!' , but in haktuality i'd consider it to have v little chance of obliging,,, alas, this has never happened - YET !! 😆 ,,, but, we 'lives in hope' 😄

Ones i've overlooketh: Clashaniska (be annoyed if this one wins, as is a 'pagejumpa' ) 15/2 has won over 7f on the AW at Lingfield back in t'day in Feb of last year when with TC "Topcat" Tony Carroll,, he ran two decent races (of three in total) for his new trainer Adrian Wintle, in his first two runs for current connections - looks not v reliable atc over 7f on turf from my studies (based on his last run at Bath, which was over ~6f on, crucially good to firm going; although he aint haktually got any turf form at all over 7f in t'book, from his time in Blighty, that is),,,,, & also overluuked Captain Sedgwick @ 20s,, she's a CD winner from August 2019, but, after a long layoff, she's shown v little in her two comeback runs,, might be better 'third time out' ; but, as things stand, and all things considered, i'm finding this Spearing inmate to be an untrustworthy female :)

pen landed on three here:

ICONIC KNIGHT 10/1 ew,, wanted to swerve Tony Carroll's horse as not done much recent running over seven, but he's a former CD winner, h'cap topweight, and a biggish price,, hard to fancy on recent form, but i'm giving 'recent form' t'swerve here 😃

BOUNTY PURSUIT 5/1 ew ,, has won many times over 7f on turf, including some CD wins, on good ground; aint a great price and needs to put a couple of bad runs behind him, plus he's 10yrs old to boot,, one i p'raps should swerve, but i aint gonna :derangedsmileyface:

GRANDSTAND 10/1 ew,, a winner over 7f at Leicester on good to firm from August 2020,, might have won lto (or at least finished closer) over CD, had he not had trouble in running,, is a reasonable enuf price i s'pose

gl all

leff

2.30 Chepstow

A few in here that be capable of winning; among them is 5/2 2nd fav Son And Sannie,, SAS is a CD winner from two runs back, but has a lot more weight this time,, was a bit awkward away lto at Salisbury when finishing 4th,, will hope the same happens this time around, and chanced puttin up two place lay at ~evs,

Just Glamorous 6/1 has a chance if trying to make all, but will unlikely be allowed to do so; and, regardless, the 8yr old has a lot of weight to carry today in this Class 4 Apprentice Handicap = not for me

Glamorous Breeze ~2/1 fav has only won one from 17 starts; is CD winner, but probably wants race ran to suit, and is plenty short anyhooo,,,,, is stablemate of 'Just' Glamorous , so, with similar sounding names, a WATCH YER BETS is warranted for this contest,,, would be far from unlikely winner all the same, would Glamorous Breeze, but not for me,,, if any of yis fancy her, don't let me put ye off 😂 she's been well supported in most of her recent runnings; and, on account of her stablemate Just Glamorous being a likely leader, the race cud be set up for her,, has enough ?s tho from mine POV

pen landed on UNDER CURFEW NB 5/1 ew here,, is CD winner from around this time last year - in same grade female jockey type race,, pretty much out of form since, but a lot of the 6yr old's runs since then were over 6f,,, ran okay at Bath lto when a bit unlucky in running, and ended finishing 5th of 7 runners - after being fairly well supported - and being thwarted about twice when trying to come with a run,, looks to be coming to hand for the in-form Tony Carroll, and could well go off ~3s imo,,,

gl

Hamilton - Good to firm

getn tired now 🤣 a hopeful shorty here + a cupla hopeful ew pokes ; jus two places alas

2.50 Hamilton

Solar Joe 5/4 won easy lto over 1m at Ponty in Class 5,, that was his 6th run and an improvement on his 5 previous runs,, he did, however, break slow (nt for the first time) that day, and won easy; but Pontefract is a stiff enough mile, so he had a chance to get involved then,, is up in trip today by about a furlong, and it looks as tho the step up in trip will suit,, Although he hadn't quite hit the form of his most recent run, he didn't appear to stay the 9fs at York the time before,, on breeding t'jury's out as to whether he'll see this trip out today,, chance a 2-plce lay @ ~ 1/2 - horse is about 12/5 to win on t'exchnge atm, so will need to see a lot of money if me wants me short-priced lay offer matched,,,

am too tuckered out to try find a winner of that race atm; so i might not try too hard,, hang on folks, me'll try find one 😂

okay, I've found two 'win' (ie cud win or come nowhere picks) picks; but they be biggish prices, so i'll go ew on 'em both..

TOMMY G 15/2 ew,, some books going 9 & 10/1 on Jim Goldie's charge,, he knows how to win over 9fs at Scottish trax on good = good enuf 4me 😋

HAVANA PARTY 12s ew ,, 4yr old has two wins - both at the course, with one over C&D - with his latest win being a CD win from three runs back; does have to put two poor showings behind him, but perhaps he only likes racing at 'amilton 😃

not a bad shift studying - if i do say so meself 😁 whether i'll mek profit or not is, well, never guaranteed; but will hope the NB Under Curfew at Cheppers can at least oblige,,

night all ☺️

and here's one me's looked at hairlier :) 😂

Thursday 14th July 2022

3.00 Chepsow: Going - Good to firm

a #pick here what's out of form, and probably could do w/o the 'firm' bit that's in description,, #three picks haktually, now that i've ran t'rule o'er dem all 😂

TAWAAFOQ 14/1~ ew

Multiple CD winner that won this renewal last year, when rated 58, under 'ollie,, Has done very little/ran poorly since then, and is now rated 49,, If i was looking for excuses [and i am 😂] i would look at the races he's been running in since that victory, and see that most of them were Class4s/5s,,

,, even allowing for that, the horse would still need to show a lot more than what he's done the last while,, the top two in t'provisional market - Million Reasons ~9/4 & Connie's Rose ~5/2 - look opposable,, On turf, at least, it looks as tho CR wants further (won lto at the course over seven when mekkin all, did Connie's Rose - i think she'll at least try make all here...and fall short - hopefully 😃) & MR would seem to want shorter (Million Reasons won over t'minimum lto at Bath) on the turf.

Million Reasons is only 4yrs old and has won over 6f on the AW, and Connie's Rose is just 3yrs, so they can't be ruled out completely,, Still, i wouldn't be dutching them at a smidge over 4/6 here,,,

Nothing at all stands out here,,, if CR and MR fill first two places (assuming all go to post that is 😃 - 8 declared atm) i'll no post on here for another week!! 🤣 DARCY'S ROCK ~14/1 ew is a three year old who can be given a squeak if she can build on her latest run (a staying on fifth over the minimum at Bath on good going) as she's young enough to be capable of improvement,,,

Similarly, SIR DUKE ~20/1 ew wasn't far away over the 5f 160yds trip at Bath three runs back,, A combination of 7f (both his last runs were over that trip) and racing keenly probably didn't help his cause the last twice,,

Will give these another look 2moro, when going etc is more of a known,, either way, i can't see any of the 'unmentioned' ones doing much eg Coolagh Magic ~8s, who has plenty of ?s against him

these three'll do me all things being equal

gl

all (me pix, that is) together now

PS this new "Quote Function" is whatever the opposite of "The dog's bo!!ock5" is 😂😒

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Konny Rool

No good with the place bit there Konny 😓 they gave jolly every chance - first, he teks about 10lgths off t'field, then they begin to close; 2 r 3 r cruisin in behind, but nowt!! they're all looking behind each other - waiting, waiting,, FFBS 😒 Winner is too good, so at least get win lay, but the third never even tried pass when he looked capable; when jolly were floundering/off the bridle a tad,, DIRRTY choonts!

in me noggin i landed that 2-plce lay, even tho i didn't 😃,, can't legislate ''crookridge'' intee ev'ry single race 😆 😓

how goes it leff?

You're dead right there mate - I do remember watching on how that race transpired and was sickened myself. A couple of horses should have passed that jolly, when he seemed to be flagging a bit a few furlongs out. It certainly didn't appear to me that they weren't able to do so at the time, as at least two - if not all three - running behind fav appeared to be pulling the proverbial cart, while simultaneously smoking a pipe 😁 😒

be no racing without crookery though. Whaddayagonnado?? 😂

Some good write-ups you have for today leff - fair play 🤣 🤣

One I like today goes in the 6.20 Worcester and that's the Fergal O'Brien trained Royal Practitioner at odds of 10/3. He also has the topweight Une De La Seniere, and this one has seen a bit of money, but I'm not seeing it myself. Princess Midnight might try make all, as it worked for lto over C/D, but this is a grade higher, and she's up 7lbs for this Mares' Handicap Chase. Annie Nail won a similar contest lto, but that was a 4 horse race in a Class 5 at Fontwell, and on slightly softer ground - race was ran in a good time alright, but she's only five, and I'm only having the one bet here myself 😋. Would not at all be surprised to see her prevail all the same. I think, and on her first chase bid, that McCain's Taragrace sets the standard here on her hurdling form. Looks to be bred for the chasing game an' all.

Happy enough to go with the win only bet on ROYAL PRACTITIONER here, and will hope that she jumps smoothly out the back - without getting detached - until, well, she's no longer out the back, and well to the fore, and then you're gonna hear me roar 😂 Or maybe ya won't!!

gluck everybody 😊 looks a fine fine day at out - don't have any reunions planned sadly 😂

cheers Konny 🤣

a confident/ish one and a hopeful one

Leicester - Good to Firm (Good in places)

4.10 Leicester

CREEK HARBOUR 5/1 ew , GATWICK KITTEN 14/1 ew

nt expecting much, as in-form fav Lethal Angel been punted from 7/4 into 5/4.., hope Creek Harbour, at least, can go very close here,,, if jolly flops, then mebbe CH wins - come a decent 4th lto at Chepstow anyroad

2.30 Chep - Think i'll reassess my 2-plce lay on Son And Sannie i was tryna do at around evs; not much point now, with Just Glamorous a non, and the going is pretty much FIRM as well, which may help him and hinder others

1.30 Chepstow LOQUACE 5/2 win looks a v good price, if he can see out the 1mile trip here

Morning all 😁

1:40 Leicester - Kiss N Cuddle (how cute is that) 9/4, course winner on soft, today he's upped one furlong but it's a much dryer conditions, so it shouldn't be an issue, Hollie is the best jockey in the country or the one with the most winners, ah whatever, she's smart alright, favorite & Barra L will tear off, she'll tuck her mount in just behind and when those two tire themselves out, Kiss N Cuddle will stick his nose in front. Ok, that's the plan anyway. And a small forecast 1,2 as a saver. I only got hooked up on this race because favorite's strike rate in nursery hdcs is terrible on this course only 2/23.

3:10 Leic - Hathlool 7/2, good last two efforts (stayed on strongly in race comments), pity he's lost his claimer jockey, but so has the fav, who now effectively +8lb for coming 2nd lto. Hathlool hasn't won on turf yet, so just a small e/w.

Not quite to the plan but winner is a winner regardless 🤣 Fav Kind Spirit was made to settle in behind, Kiss N Cuddle was left to do all the work and he delivered.

Please, have a look at 6:10 Epsom and tell me if fav can be beaten. TIA!

Cannae dee it J@u - irishracing website [where me studies] been down last hr/hr + half, or so 😣

,,,,, i couldn't even look at ur two earlier picks for ta see if they were worth a punt :(

aside from that, lil to zero joy so far 😴

lame excuse that! Racingpost, ATR are going strong, so off ya go!

• Advertisement

Woo-hoo! We're on the roll.

4:40 Leic - Lady Mander 4/1 only because I backed her unsuccessfully before and I want my money back! she's still very lightly raced and this is her first attempt in 0-50 company. Fav is HT ATR pick on his old form and is being hammered. I see what he sees but the value is gone.

WD on t'brace j@u 😊

Atheeb & New Heights shud finish in front of jolly in Ep 6.10 - by my calcies ,,, SOM :D

7.20 Leopardstown

2 agin the feeld

PATRICK SARSFIELD 10/1, BOUNDLESS OCEAN 3/1

No fireworks from Lady Mander today. she was left racing without cover, looked a bit lost, dropped two places towards the line to finish 5th, stays in the notebook. HT 2pt pick was well beaten, that's a plus 🤣

Thanks, New Heights is suggested by my notebook too, I'll go with that. I have a feeling that the fav will have to fight for the lead today, which is quite different to his last win over CD where he got to dictate the pace from the front.

fight for the lead today, 

"U C Wot I C" 🙂🤣

in a nutshell missus 😊

that's ur/our starting point alright - me picks can be held up off/close/ t'pace [or summit like that] - hopefully both gt placed :D

Ka-ching 🤣 g'day! We leave at that. Back to the housework.

Nah, I can't see nothing on there... Kudos to you leffee, solving racing based on that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Konny Rool

In 5.47 Hamilton the first-time visor wearing JUMHOOR 11/1 looks a good price to prevail here. It's an apprentice race with no obvious frontrunner. Jumhoor showed a bit for the first time on his lto run when he came 5th at Carlisle over 7f. Going by that run, the slightly extended 1mile trip should suit. Only seven runners, and the only one with an obvious looking claim here imo is Regal World, so will go win only on JUMHOOR here..

It's a three year old race, so there will be scope for improvement for many of these horses; breeding suggests Jumhoor will get the trip, and I hope he does. Maybe Ninky Nonk can be included for forecast purposes. Will have a small saver on the Dalgleish horse at 7/2.

good luck all

WD to Posters 1 and 2 who had a fair few winners yesterday. Think no. 2 gets the nod there :pac::pac:

Advertisement