Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Words with friends. It's a zinga game on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,169 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Thanks! I'm not on the old Facebuke.

I better add a TA here not to derail thread!

Sunday cyclists yesterday in convoy that were 2 abreast. On a windy country road holding up the cars behind them. Pull in, greedy phuks. I don't need to be driving at 20mph looking at your sweaty asses when there was plenty of places for you to pull in and let us pass. 🤬

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

And the cyclist lobby will demonise bad, dangerous or discourteous driving by motorists in a heartbeat but will absolutely defend that carry on…. Double standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,822 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Only been in work an hour but it already feels like 6 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Okay, this is very trivial but I just got a note in the letterbox from a member of the 4-person residents' committee in my estate. The note is about for a charity event that she is holding at the weekend (fair play to her) but she misspelled the name of the estate in a way that isn't just a typo.

She's in her 40's and has lived in the estate since she was a child, but she still can't spell it correctly! There are two fancy signs on the way into the estate that she passes every day! I'm not usually a grammar Nazi (outwardly) but this is annoying (trivially).

(Maybe I should just dump the note. 🤔 )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

There's a T junction to get out of our estate.

The curb on the left slopes away from the road making the opening wider.

So if you have a car turning right a car turning left can also slip past and get on with it.

Obviously this depends on right turning car positioning themselves to the centre of the road (while still being on the correct side not talking crossing the line)......do you think this happens ...da fuk

I actually think there's a certain breed that enjoy holding up others ....they can't go so they'll ensure no one else can either!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I have something similar at the top of my road. The number of people that are unable to position themselves in the centre of the road cannot just be down to incompetence. They must be doing it just to annoy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

Tell her if she's not on board with the onboarding you'll be on boards giving out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Ppl who moan about small prizes they win from competitions that cost zero to enter, cripes its a free promo, get over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭put_the_kettle_on

I play Scrabble online too, though not via facebook as I'm not on there.

You can download Scrabble Go by Scopely on google apps.

I had a name in my younger days for being 'lucky ' . When the Limerick doll won the euromillions I felt lucky, and though I didn't win it a won a prize worth 1000's that week. I'm not getting that feeling about the 190+ millions euromillions jackpot. 😡😡

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭WJL

How the page seems to jump on this site on my phone moving between threads.

I woke up this morning to a news about your ticket email from the lottery. I won £3.10, or abou 10% of what I bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,658 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Difficult clients. Especially when they're just being difficult for the sake of it.

Are you on ios or android? Much worse on a iPhone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,295 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

You'd know holiday season is in full swing in the area.

Between people plonking themselves down on tables in restaurants without waiting to be seated or even asking if there is an availability (and letting Bailey and Mason run amok in said establishment), and others rallying down the beach roads and blocking residents in with their parking, they stick out like a sore thumb.

Great to be on their 'holliers' though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

See it alot on roundabouts, the right hand car pulls out so much the inside car can't see past them. Vans are notorious for do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

Has been an issue for months, boards were informed of it months ago.

Will they do anything about it or even acknowledge the issue?

Will they f*ck.

It’s as if they want the site to fail

Price of gig tickets…. Really gone up last few years….I’m just scrolling in general but…an example….It was 86 quid to see Liam Gallagher in Kilmainham I’m reading…. so plus fees I’m guessing… 90 odd euros… with taxis, few drinks…a burger… around a conservative 160 for a night out per person… A 90 minute set full of a sub par band doing oasis covers and a few of Liams ‘hits’…voice has sounded absolutely shot last couple of instances I’ve caught him singing live on TV… those prices are circa what The Rolling Stones were charging for croker…. Hmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,295 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Just saw a group of five adults, presumably from the one family (of the "salt of de oorth" variety) all sat around outside in the sun, with a baby in the middle of them. All five of them were smoking within breathing range of the baby, even up in it's face, and the baby wasn't wearing a sunhat in the hot weather. No wonder the poor child was crying.

Some people shouldn't be allowed to have kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Another problem not being corrected is the opening post of a thread, you can't thank the post and there is no number of thanks, you think something like that would be sorted now. What's causing the thanks not to show.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Dour public facing staff. Went to the post office with a parcel, when I asked if she could please put a bit of tape on it you should have seen the gowly dial on her. Ruined her whole day.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I hate seeing that, I saw something very similar recently, all gathered around small kids in buggies, who were breathing in second hand smoke. 😡

At my local Aldi on Sunday afternoon. It was very hot at the time. A car was parked, as always, on the double yellow lines that Aldi obviously wasted their time putting in place trying to keep the entrance and exit to the shop free. 🙄

A couple were just getting out of the car as I was leaving the shop and I could see a baby in the car, it's little head bare to the baking hot sun which was beaming in through the open windows. There was someone in the car with the poor little thing. So at least that was something. I thought at first they were leaving it on its own.

I hope the assholes who were going into the nice cool shop at least didn't dally in there or do a full shop. 😡

FFS. Think, people, think.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Got a call from the public health nurse doing follow-ups. asked how my mother was. she died last august.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Something similar happened to me except it was the phn turning up on the doorstep to check on a new born baby. The baby had died in hospital. "Thankfully" I answered the door and not the baby's mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Archeron

Heard my first Christmas ad today on the radio, some panto that seems to be a rip off of jack and the beanstalk. July 14th is a record I think.

Also, my trousers exploded in a most ungentlemanly way while queuing in the barber, leaving one of my arse cheeks looking like a fat old hairy male Daisy Duke had entered the room.

there is a rather newish, popular and delicious deli at a facility where I go to exercise… on the way in I stock up on a couple of drinks, outside the shop at a communal area there are about 12 young people of a certain country we are helping, teens and their slightly older chaperones who are all staying nearby… all standing and eating at a table.. on my way back I find this whole communal area has been trashed… everyone is gone but their papers, boxes, drinks bottles, wrappers, half eaten everything just remaining there… piled high on the table and all over the floor…several bins just X feet away… NOBODY seemingly bothered…

aside from being unhygienic, unsightly, selfish as nobody else can enjoy that space…you might have expected base level of civility and gratitude to the extent that 3 minutes could be spent by them, prompted by their leadership if necessary to clean up after themselves and not have the place wrecked and someone else having to do it at closing before they go home.…. . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

'Cos Irish teenagers would NEVER behave like that! Seriously, why did you have to shoehorn in their country of origin into your post?

• Advertisement

I never mentioned anyones country, let alone shoehorn anything…

simply relating my TA for today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement