Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix to offer cheaper subscriptions - but with ads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Bet ya they raise (again) the price of the non ad version.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭timetogo1

If it was me then I'd leave the payers alone and put the ads on the people who use shared passwords. I'm sure they could figure out some technical way of doing it.

That way theyd increase their revenue without annoying current customers. And if the people using the shared passwords didn't like it, no bother, buy a subscription.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

They're testing password sharing in other countries already and giving the option for those who are password sharing to buy a sort of pass to continue sharing without a full subscription.

Or more likely, "Netflix to raise prices by a huge amount, then offer a service with ads at the current price".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,297 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I think there's a market for it, some would be happy enough with VHS style quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Homelander

I've cancelled Netflix. It's too expensive and the content has slipped. €15, almost double Prime or D+.

Yes there's the €10 option, but single screen and worst of all, horrible non HD resolution. Basically only good for phones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,297 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes when the price upped to €15 I looked at going back to the next cheapest package, I could probably manage with single screen and HD but they deliberately keep HD on the €15 plan. It seems like such a long time since I was paying €6.99 a month for the same package 😁

I've found the latest documentaries I have watched on it to be complete rubbish, this would be 'Pirate Gold Of Adak Island' and 'DB Cooper: Where are you'. The movies they had first shows of like 'Red Notice' and 'The Man from Toronto' seemed to have a good hour plus of pure padding added on to them purely to run up viewing stats in my opinion.

I'm keeping it until I have finished Better Call Saul, Stranger Things and Bloodline, then will cancel.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I have had the netflix sub for years at this stage. Recently thinking of cancelling as there seems to be nothing new on it that interests me. Although Sky seem to be offering it as part of their broadband package so maybe will keep it if I move to Sky. I wouldn't pay for TV with ads

Advertisement