Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

That looks totally different from what I saw last I used it, I'm fairly sure it was my and not your but likely aliases with both directing to the same place. Anyway from the your url it seems it's gone the way of the dodo.

"fixyourstreet.ie launched and has served its online community since August 2nd, 2011. After nearly 11 years we are announcing the cessation of the service which will take effect for new reports on 29th July 2022, with the final website and related services closure August 5th, 2022. Until then, please continue to report any issues in your area which need fixing."

• Registered Users Posts: 21,648 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Fixyourstreet was the official one that all the councils used and is on most of their sites but yeah looks like it’s being scrapped.

DCC of course now just direct you towards a random mail box or a phone number

Interesting checked for the last thing I reported it was this time 2 years ago and the email confirmation came from fixmystreet@mygov.ie

My wife reported something more recently and she reckons they did a boards and had a platform change, and the new one looked better but didn't work worth a damn.

Shame as it was way to publicly check if stuff had been reported and actioned.

Oh wow, mind blown fixmystreet is an actual platform used by a few countries and other countries sites look more like what I remember last I used it.

Hence the name change to your I assume, as they would not have been able to use my probably and that BETA logo on the your site. They did a boards on it for sure then ffs. I think that should be looked into. Who to raise that with ???

Even better, fixmystreet.ie was run by mygov.ie, which is a non-profit voluntary crowd that host kildarestreet.ie and mygov.ie (the funny redirect site for mygovid.ie, so they were likely just using the reports from Fixyourstreet.ie and adding additional info to it presumably from council websites in a nicer layout.

Id say because South Dublin coco are winding down the official Fixyourstreet.ie, the lads that run fixmystreet.ie have just wound down their site and domain as it won’t have an endpoint to query

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Slightly bizarre one. The front wheel got robbed from my hack bike last night which was locked in my GF's garden. Got a bus home, not a happy camper, and ordered up a spare from Rose bikes. Just got a call from the GF to say a front wheel had been dropped in her front garden, turns out to be a different front wheel. WTAF?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,406 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

is it even compatible with your bike?

Turns out it is. Brought a spare road wheel to get the bike home which didn't fit so used the mystery wheel. Whether it is circular is something else again. Got me home though and will work for the next few days until the replacement arrives. On the off chance anyone reading this saw a locked bike this morning missing a front wheel and left an old spare beside it, my thanks.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

On the off chance anyone reading this saw a locked bike this morning missing a front wheel and left an old spare beside it, my thanks.

No bother @smacl. By the way, you owe me €50 for it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,406 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

was they tyre inflated on the replacement? just wondering if it's a roundabout way of fixing a puncture.

• Advertisement

Tyre was flat but inflated without needing a new tube or repair. Odd thing is, old wheel got robbed last night, mystery wheel arrived this afternoon. Can't figure it out, but once the replacement arrives I reckon I should leave the mystery wheel beside the first locked hybrid bike I find with the front wheel missing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Its this bit that stumped me, there is an actual possibility the two events are not related.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,766 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

This was the thread where Dr. Bob showed the evidence that the cycle track in front of the SuperValu in Ranelagh was there before there was a supermarket on the site, so I guess this is maybe the thread for this article about how some politicians and councillors contacted officials to help SuperValu with their problem with the "loading bay" outside the shop. (Sorry if it's already been posted.)

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭MangleBadger

Is this going to start mystery game of "wheel pay it forward" across Dublin?

Anyone recommend a good coffee stop in Enniscorthy Wexford?

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭devonp

with the "heatwave" 😂 thats arriving at the weekend i guess I'll be using the older type short-style bib shorts....

remember seeing a pic of Mario Chipollini cycling with his short bibs rolled up even shorter (as well as many more with no jersey or bib straps off )

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Given how useful and widely used try are compared to the smaller sized cone spanners that come in most tool boxes, why on earth are 17mm ones not a standard in any kit I can buy.

I need 2 for a 5 min job

Post edited by Weepsie on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

Sorry, just realised you were looking for cone spanners

Only place I can see selling them close is halfords and they don't look great but I'll try them out.

Wouldn't mind but I out random **** into my delivery to get free postagem perfect time to order the spanners given I was ordering the axle adapters I'm fitting that require said tools

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

This offer is probably getting old at this stage Weepsie, but if you can get down to Rathangan to me, I'd have what you need

• Advertisement

Have to dig out my cone spanners as well, bloody freehub appears to have turned to mush on my fancy wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Hi all I see a group of people going along the clontarf sea front in a cracking club jersey.

White with a blue zig zag pattern, like the Wild Atlantic Way signage.

Any idea which club this is?

Its the Sandymount Dodder Wheelers

http://sandymountdodderwheelers.ie/about-us/.

Happened upon them once on that stretch and they were all over the place. Though at least not like the other local club we seemed to try and actively bully people off it

Anyone heard of this? Sort of thing @NamelessPhil might do for a leisurely break.

Think I passed someone doing it earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,728 ✭✭✭✭dahat

R700 53/39 €155 approx

Ultegra R8XXX €260 + approx

I know there is weight difference but for a race bike if a 98kg monster you couldn’t pay for Ultegra? Rest of the GS is Ultegra btw.

Nothing noticeable other than the ultegra logo to be honest. Personally would probably wreck my head having everything else ultegra and the 105 on the cranks but I guess a black market fixes that if you were truly that bothered.

Just avoid the 6800 cranksets, they’re known to snap on the drive side

The R8000 have the same design issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

are these any good? puncture resistant? 😶

My experience has that they puncture like any other tube. Others experiences may differ

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Advertisement