Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evasive and Dishonest flat whites

Options
  • 11-07-2022 9:22pm

One of my pet hates in recent years is the ubiquitousness of diluted (low-fat / fat-free) milk. In many places it’s assumed you want the latter and you’re a pain in the back-side if you insist on the former.

With the arrival of flat whites I though my worries were over. Here, finally, was a coffee that had to be made with full-fat milk. Or so you would think... I stopped just outside Limerick a couple of weeks ago at a (so-called) “Frank and Honest” and ordered a flat white. And what do I see see ? Only yer one, the “barista”, reaching for a 2-litre of milk with a green label to put in the steamer. “Not so fast, little lady,” I said, “A flat white is meant to be made with full-fat milk, is it not ?”. “Well our machines only take low-fat”. She looked at me as if I was the one with the problem; and not the person who had trained to make coffee for a living and then just decides to throw whatever grabs her fancy into a coffee.

Any similar experiences ? Does anyone know how long “Frank and Honest” have been carrying out this fraud ?

Comments

Advertisement