Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France Stage 13 - Bourg d'Oisans to Saint-Etienne (192.6km)

Options
  • 15-07-2022 12:03pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Cheekily listed as a flat stage but rightly classed as hilly by PCS I find it hard to see a pure sprinter winning this but they have survived thus far and Groenwegen for one lasted longer than expected yesterday up the Galibier. Still surely WVA is the favourite yet again. Could be a chance for the likes of Sagan too. So do the sprint teams chase the break or are the legs suffering after the last few days. I think the composition of the break will dictate the outcome here but after all the suffering and the lack of opportunities so far I hope the sprinters get a chance. Sadly Barguil is a DNS with Covid.

Betting

Van Aert - 4/1

Philipsen - 5/1

Pedersen - 14/1

Cort Nielsen, Matthews, Jakobsen - 16/1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭GandhiwasfromBallyfermot

Contador replacing Wiggins on the back of the moto. Thank f**k for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,648 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Will Jumbo be willing to take resources away from Jonas to help Wout get over the climbs up front? He was pretty gassed yesterday after pulling, at one stage the motorbike went past him and he was absolutely crawling along.

My money would be on a breakaway win, but I’ve been wrong many a time so far this tour!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,391 ✭✭✭Macy0161

WvA, Sagan and Matthews for the break!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Froome yesterday Sagan today be like the old lads are making a comeback

Sagan is still only 32 - I think Kelly won 3 monuments older!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Bertie on a bike isn't much better then Brad on a bike

• Registered Users Posts: 16,728 ✭✭✭✭dahat

So with the break away it’s left to Lotto, Alpecin & QS to chase for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,379 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Who had ECHELONS on their bingo card today?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Ouch, Caleb Ewan down and knee banged up. He's back on the bike but his team rode on.

He's getting paced back to the peloton by the Alpecin team car, some cross team tactics there :)

The real issue that as view point, it adds nothing to what we can already see on TV, regardless of who is on the bike. When I've heard other journalists talk about being on a bike, it's all about the experience of going through the bunch, the crowds etc, not really any great insight. An ex-pro could talk to those things anyway.

So it's either a way to get Bert and Brad at the races, or a way to justify getting them at races.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭GandhiwasfromBallyfermot

Quinn Simmons dropped.... very nice 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 13,380 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I was just about the say that the peloton are taking a siesta and have called off the chase... but BEX are on the front now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,242 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

BEX made a balls of that, should have pulled with alpecin when they were trying, instead of 5k after they finished and the gap went out over 3 mins

I can't believe both Ganna and Kung got dropped!

Good display of sportsmanship there with the other 2 congratulating him and pleased that someone from the break did it.

What is Pollitt at?

Strange move setting off like that ... realised he was next to Majka maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

No surprise after the effort he put in to help Mads get into the break. Great teamwork from him and I hope he gets another chance at a stage.

Advertisement