Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic Solar PV Quotes 2022 - No PM requests - See Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Another quote. Similar spec to the others.

4.2kWp, 5kWh battery (ergocell inverter -never heard of them). €9600.

Quotes are coming down, but a ways off what has been suggested here.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭vistaphotos

I'm having the same experience, also long lead times, guess they're busy.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Can't blame them really. Energy prices going nuts, ROI is shorter, so bump the prices. Though from what i've seen, the ROI on some of the prices i've been getting has been 15->18 years. Prices will go up in that 15-18 years so the ROI will drop more, but certainly nothing near the "10 year ROI" i've heard mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

The ROI depends on a lot of factors. In general terms the size of the system, and the % self-consumption that your doing. Smaller systems (sub 5Kwp and ~2-3Kwhr battery) tend to be 12-14years in my experience. Larger installations 7-8Kwp and 8Kwhr closer to 10 years, some even sub 10 years.

My own (5.3Kwp with 8.2Kwhr) is on track for about 7 years ROI. I got a good price last summer (€8500) albeit back then we also had the grant for the battery (€600) and it was before the madness started with battery shortages, panel shortages, Ukrainian crysis, energy crisis etc..... which has driven up the installation prices a lot. I also self-consume virtually everything I produce at day rate too so I'm a little unusual.

Still I've seen the odd quote come through recently which gives some hope that there's still value out there. You might not get sub 10 years, but I think you can get there abouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I think the 10 year ROI was sound logic in 2021, but now it's all just gone to pot so prices have gone up everywhere from electricity providers to installers, to manufacturers etc.... which is no doubt skewing the ROI calculations.. this month it could be 14 years, but in 2 months it could be down to 11 years. and so on..

Installers are seeing increased demand, yet enquiries and interest (and firmed up installs) is still growing exponentially thanks to the electricity market... Every day we are feeling blessed that we pulled the trigger when we did (Oct 21), and got in ahead of the current minefield & madness of it all!!

From January to June this year Boardsies have generated 64MWh of electricity!!! I can't wait to see the same period next year;

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭DC999

Small systems deffo cost more and takes installer longer. We paid 1.6k per kwh of panels. No battery bought. And I'm happy with that. Got 5.1kwh installed. Our panels are up and just waiting on their sparks to make them all live. They installed on 4 small roofs to max all we could get (it's a very small house). So they took spare panels on the day to get as much as they could up which I asked for. Smallest roof only fits 3 panels (its that small), 2 roofs fit 4 and one fits 5. And he gave us a 2nd inverter FOC due to needing 4 roofs using 3 orientarions (they didn't think the roof was that small until install day). We've now panels on East, South and West to should get a good spread all day.

So they had way more install work to do than if they just did a large South facing roof. So...every gaff will be different. Every design is likely different with each installer....=> every price will be different.

But knowing the 1.2k per kwh price as a 'rule of thumb' really helped me see what to aim for.

And I'm really happy with our installer. I wanted their support and knowing they are a reputable outfit. Don't get me wrong - price matters a lot but it's not 100% of the decision for us.

Lastly huge thanks to everyone for their time on this forum. Deffo has taken me from 'not knowing what I didn't know' to 'knowing what I don't know' - still most of it :) And for giving me the confidence to pick one installer over the other quotes and challenging part of their designs

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭domeld

Fresh quote:

10 Hyundai panels 400W each

10 optimisers

Huawei hybrid inverter (up to 22 panels)

8500Euro after grant

Is this good price?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭domeld

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

€1.2k per 1kWp

Add €50 per optimizer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭footfall789

Hi ,

just wondering if the Enniskilllen Company is still trading as I have been trying to contact them and there is no reply from their e-mail and the phone lines have been switched off.

Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭con747

Still there, they were up in Donegal last week doing installs and a bit of work for @DrPhilG as well afaik. I reckon they are just too busy at the minute.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Yeah they upgraded my inverter last week.

There should be a mobile number on the site, I've had no bother getting him on that.

Mobbed busy, booked til November I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Hey folks, got the below quote but think it’s probably a little high. Would I be right in saying it’s probably about €3k north of what I should expect?

16 340W panels

5kW battery

No EDDI

€14,000

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭sosq

System size: 4 KWp - 10 panels

Solis Inverter

BER for grant icluded

Wireless monitoring

East/West split

After grand: €6300

Any good?

Just check if the inverter is a hybrid so you can add a battery if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Curiousness99

Installer plans to come this Monday, so fingers crossed I might generate a bit of electricity before the summer ends, expecting to export a good bit of it during the peak months but interested to see how it works out in any case

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭sosq

no, this one is not hybrid. tbh Not looking for battery upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 IrishHusk

Got an out of office for this week. Probably of for the 12th holiday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭THE ALM

probably the reason alright, everything shuts down for a week or two this time of year with nearly all construction taking the two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mioniqa

We have two EVs and we’re considering getting solar PV panels. We already have thermo water panels (whatever they’re called - new build) so we won’t need a hot water diverter.

I checked our bills and our average usage is 20hwh per day, how many kwhs of panels do we need? 6 seems too low for our needs?!

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭boosabum

Few factors but have you a South facing roof ? Are you looking to generate 20kwh per day in winter or summer ? How big is your roof area ?

A house in my estate has recently installed panels and they've managed to fit 12 panels on the westerly roof. They also have them on the east side, not sure how many there but I think 6 panels. Is it possible to get 20kwh of power per day from panels? Sorry, still learning about them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Mr Q

In the summer easily on a good day. In the winter no.

I went East/West with layout as you would get power for longer during the summer days. But you will produce less in winter. And less total units over the year compared to all facing South.

With 2 EVs you need to fill your roof space. You could easily cover 20kwh and then some in the good months.

Ok thanks, good to know

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

Yep - don't worry. They are on holidays & due back next Monday July 18th etc.. I have been contacted by the owner this week so I know this for sure etc.. I'm in the midst of an install with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Contacted loads of suppliers looking for quotes over the past few weeks but haven't received many responses yet.

The only detailed quote I received is the one below, which seems pricey for the spec (even accounting for a two-part install on south and west facing parts of roof)

10 x 370W JA Solar PV Panels/Modules

1 x Solis Inverter

1 x MyEnergi EDDI Power Diverter Smart Immersion (with shunt switch, isolators, cable)

1 x Renusol roof mounting kit

Cost (inc VAT): €9449.01

Minus €2100 SEAI grant: € 7,349.01

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭vistaphotos

Hoping my sums are right, others with more experience can correct me if not:

10x370=3.7kWp

€1.2k x 3.7=€4440

Add another €550 for EDDI = €4990

So should be around €5k after grant in theory

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement