Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭minerleague

anyone know what that would have cost new? Looking at adds for that sale beforehand you just knew it was well minded gear and would make a good price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭Grueller

I went over and viewed all of that gear. There was very little there that you wouldn't like to bring home. Pity to see it all dispersed.

Say a man doing 2000hrs a year bought her. Keep her 4-5 years and run her to 10,000 hrs. She is still worth at least €30k plus VAT. That man has lost €40k on depreciation.

Say he buys an equivalent 6155R for €120k plus VAT. AT €10,000 hrs she is probably worth €60k plus VAT. He has lost €60k on depreciation.

The elephant in the room here is warranty. Just my train of thought on it.

She was a fantastic tractor though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭stanflt

Sun sets on second cut

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Gman1987

Not much with €60k+ VAT. 6920S was €65k+VAT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,118 ✭✭✭893bet

First day out with my “ new” Tedder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

emarhex (sp?) on here put a reversing camera onto his cattle trailer. I can't tag him as I can't spell his username.

I'd just say avoid wireless/bluetooth versions and get a decent camera resolution. Pay attention to the mounting brackets they supply to ensure you can easily fit it to the handler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

New to me Gem sprayer.

2000 litre on the drawbar.

@Reggie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭tripperman

Thanks ordered it yesterday went with a wired one, I'm told the camera resolution is good by someone who knows that stuff, not sure on brackets look OK in pictures, but never sure till there in your hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

@tripperman hope it does okay for you.

Interesting wrapping method on this inline Kuhn:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMNmkcJ8u/?k=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Sexy little thing. What was she again? 16m booms

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

The day of the traditional bale wrapper is near a end i hope, scuff marks on the wrap & often near having to be repaired from the same scuff marks & then splits in the wrap too.never have either of these issues on bales when a fusion is doing the wrapping.

I find you'd never need to check wrapped bales after a fusion, traditional wrapper , would always be looking to find damage on bales. Combination of the wrapper & young lads in a hurry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭DBK1

There must be something wrong with either the wrapper or whatever handler you’re using. We’ve a world of bales wrapped with a traditional wrapper and honestly don’t remember when was the last time I bought a roll of tape. The lads driving it wouldn’t be hanging around either, there’s a few lads driving it where 70 - 75 bales an hour would be at their ease on it.

I am after a day where I moved 120 wrapped bales on a 9 mile draw yesterday. Never again will I wrap them in the field like that. They will come home and be wrapped in the yard. Too difficult to mind them loading, unloading and damage from overhanging boughs. Long live the traditional wrapper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭weatherbyfoxer

Bought a new mchale bjs 991 3 years ago and finds it does an excellent job with no customers complaining, usually run it after 2 lely welger 235 jubilee baler and find you end up with a nice bale like a coke can that is easy stacked or put on a trailer...wrap a few bales after a mchale 5500 too and find them an ignorant bale compared to the welger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Gillespy

I'm team Welger in the great Welger vs McHale debate but surely that's the row of grass or the operator's fault.

Had an old Tanco wrapper that caused the same problems Grueller. The mere sight of the loader you'd be off taping them. Often would have to re wrap a heap of them after a days drawing. No one could figure it out and they'd end up saying it's the plastic. McHale and Conor wrappers since have been flawless. Have to really dog them to cause damage

True about the Fusion being a step better I think though. Wherever about the action of the double wrappers or maybe the fact it's wrapped instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭ginger22

And thanks for being my sounding board leading up to this purchase.

Thank you. @Reggie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Are front loader hydraulic connections always two female connections? The implement being put on had one male and one female so my uncle used a connector to be able connect the female to the female.

Just reading through the previous posts in the guntering thread and I saw something that hydraulic couplers restrict the flow.

The problem with the implement was that it doesn't pressurise enough, at a certain point it just won't pressurise further. I'm now wondering if the reason is the coupler? But if these couplers are common and needed for every implement then that would rule it out.

Anything I have has one male one female ( silage grab, bale handler Rossmore loader )

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I mean on the tractor itself? The handler has a male and female.

I assume it's always two female on the tractor like the back end but just wanting to make sure

Where you attach implement to tractor loader? One male one female ( on tractor) ie you can only attach hydraulic pipes one way. dont know if other (newer ) makes of loaders are different. If you have two female connections on tractor end change implement to two male connectors and see does that improve flow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Just reading through the previous posts in the guntering thread and I saw something that hydraulic couplers restrict the flow.

Extra couplers may have a slight effect on flow, not much, but they would have no effect on pressure.

New quicke loader here last year. 2 male ends on the loader from the factory so two female ends on all implements

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Quicke loaders always come with 2 male connectors for some reason. Most other loaders have 1 of each

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

There is a theory that female connections gather more dirt on the loader side than the male.having the female s on the implements side is less risky for dirt as the implement is not moving around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,900 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Tehnos flail mower. I saw this earler on 'MC Milking It' youtube. Seems a good idea.

NEW FLAIL MOWER!!! - YouTube

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

Advertisement