Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concrete post and timber rail fencing

Options
  • 15-07-2022 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi all,

I saw one of these fences while away last weekend. Was impressed with the compromise between long lasting posts that won’t rot with the aesthetic of a timber rail.

I have been searching online but am struggling to find a supplier for the posts to go with the wooden rail.

I’d appreciate if anyone here knows of a supplier. I’m in the northwest but could travel.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭standardg60

Imagine they're just h-posts, 4x2 rails would slot straight in. Perhaps small pilot holes were drilled through the post legs to allow the rails to be screwed into place, that's the way i'd do it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 topofthewind

I don’t think they are modified H posts. It looks more like they were made specifically for timber rails. Haven’t seen them about before.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭howdoyouknow

Devlin paving supplies in Burt, co Donegal make these as far as I know. You can get there contact details on facebook from their page.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,071 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

These ones maybe look better. Not sure whether it's the shape, the colour, the fourth rail or just a better pictures (annoyingly tiny).

http://www.concreteproducts.ie/fencing--panels.html

Presumably it's more work putting them in as you can't just bash them in with a digger/tractor like a timber post?

They look nice, thanks for that. Ya, more work to put in but hopefully a lifetime job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭cute geoge

But is it a lifetime job ,you can also get the wood effect railing and posts now that should be a lifetime job

That’s true, the rails would be hardier in concrete. They look good too.

Anyone know what a fence like this would cost (materials) and to get installed? Say 75m of smooth but not level ground?

Thanks for all the replies.

Advertisement