Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Liam2021

I contacted them about the update yesterday and I was booked in

I contacted them about the update yesterday and I was booked in

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi folks on the vw connect app for my Tiguan I could see driving data like distance, consumption etc...I don't see that kind of data in the id connect app or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

It doesn’t do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MHGD

Collected my ID5 last Friday and well impressed (First EV) .

I wanted to get a factory fitted towbar but it would have delayed the delivery for god knows how long.

has anyone fitted an after market towbar?

The dealer is pricing it at €2199!! for the retractable one.

I'm only going to be carring a bike rack but would need the lighting board working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Got my 1st is booked in for the 2.4 update next week. I just rang the dealer and they booked it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

Do you have to contact the garage you purchased the car from for the update? Or can you just go to your local dealer?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭crassusg

booked in for the 2.4 update, just contacted the dealer and they got back to me with a booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭golfnut1

Booked in for 2.4 SW update for next Wednesday after contacting the dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭golfnut1

It can be a little confusing.

my understanding is that there are two different systems.

1. is the infotainment system which can receive OTA (over the air) updated regardless of the build date. I am currently on sw version 3.10. (See attached)
    2. the second is the ID software itself (the bios of the car SW, if you will. Although this is not the correct terminology). My understanding is that iD.5’s are already on the latest ID SW 3 or 3.1. iD.3 and iD.4’s currently need to update from 2.3 to 2.4 (see attached) via a dealer installation including updated 12v battery. This update to 2.4 then allows for OTA updates to 3.0 and subsequent OTA updates. That’ my take on the situation. I would welcome any clarification or correction from anyone if I have misunderstood the situation?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

All 3 mentioned do load balance and PV integration.

buy the cheapest out of those 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

Had a software update come through on the car today (nothing to do with 2.4).

We charge related.

First update in a long time (since 2.3)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I was thinking recently the maps could do with an update, mine still thinks there's a petrol station where the local Aldi is

Doesn't matter much though, I finally got a phone that can handle Android auto so can use Google maps

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

You can do it manually, couldn’t be bothered myself as I’m sure it will eventually update.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

It’s we charge update as opposed to a map. One They explained the difference on the ID drivers FB group

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

My dealer says they won't be contacting anyone until August to make appointments, they're saying its an issue with battery availability? They're also saying that they will be prioritising cars bought from their dealership first.

Spent the last week minding my economy in West clare. Fully charged 607km, and yes the air con is not on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

How did you find the charging in West Clare, last summer when we were down I paid a lot of attention to the charging network and was always busy or iced!

Used the granny charger, but I did notice lahinch, miltown chargers were free a lot of the time

Hi folks,

Anyone else get 'apply user settings ok/cancel' message each time you start the car? If I select ok applies like default settings to colours last climate temp etc...just curious where outside the car can you actually apply settings other than air conditioner via the app?

Is there a way to sync settings from the car to the user account automatically or something?

Thanks,

Mick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Thanks unfortunately I wouldn’t trust the wiring in the house we have for using a granny I’ll be down again in August but will be fossil powered but hopefully our last trip without an EV. Lahinch would be ideal for a charge, milltown malbay a bit far in the wrong direction, somewhere like Ballyvaughan would be ideal for a HPC given the holiday homes and passing traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Bioscaller

Got my ID4 today and already had the 3.0 software installed. Not that I know the difference but was nice to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭xlight

Did someone collect their ID4 recently? Is your final sale contract the same price as when you order the car?

I have put down an order on Feb and dealer has registered the car on Friday for me and collection is on Tuesday. Today I got their email with sale contract for signing and the price is 60,000.01 euro. But the sale contract on Feb is 59,995.01. Anyone had this experience with dealer before? I am wondering the government grant will not be available if I signed this document with the price tag of 60,000.01.

I am confused about the price and final payable now. I knew the price of GTX has been increased to almost 65K, but last week, the saleman contacted me regards the delivery and told me that the car I ordered in Feb is saved alomost 10K. But from the sale contract today, the price is 60,000.01. Quite confused now.

Did you get the same price in your final sale contract as when you ordered?

Hi Micks, I knew you collected or about to collect your GTX recently. Just wondering the sale contract price is the same as when you ordered the car? Thanks.

I ordered my gtx in April and I paid the agreed price.. all I had before collection was an email with full price, my trade in value, pcp repayment, and my 500 euro deposit... My final finance agreement was less than my quote.. I was refunded the 500 euro deposit and got a free service plan which I hadn't even asked about...mats, bootliner and mudflaps included in the deal

I need to wait till Monday and find out what’s the story is. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Bioscaller

Yeah it was the exact same as in the quotation I got a few weeks back. Only thing is that my trade in value was 2 grand above the max deposit so they refunded that money back to me. How much is your difference? VW cant cant guarantee the order prices upon delivery. Same like any other brands now. Is it above 60k now as the grant is not applicable to EVs that cost more than 60k afaik.

• Advertisement

I checked the PCP contract, and it has been added €5000 more as deposit on top of my 30% deposit, maybe that is the government grant. I’m not sure why it can’t be as clear as what is what. And my trade in price is not showing on sale contract, maybe when I collect the car next week, they will check again.

Advertisement