Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Exactly this is years of virtue signalling, indulging NGOs, scam artists and throwing money at a problem to cover it up and avoid making actual decisions that might be uncomfortable coming home to roost.

It would be funny if it didn't have real world effects and you had any faith in them to actually make a decisions.

Our mainstream politicians appear to be trying to actively create a "far right"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It wasn't and isn't inevitable though. Free movement between EU nations was and is, but not from outside the EU movement. The first problem local to Ireland was the birthright loophole which was closed by a "landslide" vote against it in 2004, but before it was closed that brought a lot of people from outside the EU here.

The other problem was and remains our appallingly lax asylum process. Or rather our appallingly lax process to expel those who have failed this entry criteria(which is well over 90% from some countries, like Georgia, Albania, Nigeria and Ukraine too. Once).

The third problem is what Deadhand notes O'Gorman's literal advertisement to the world, in multiple languages no less, including languages of nations already namechecked as highly likely to be scammers, that Ireland was wide open for chancers and economic and welfare migrants. That and McEntee's "amnesty" for illegal immigrants, sorry, the "undocumented". If I didn't consider them so utterly and willfully incompetent running on woefully misplaced feels and misguided "charity", one could be forgiven for thinking it was an actual plan to cause this problem. But nope, a plan would at least show some foresight and basic cop on and well, planning, and the recent more local refugee crisis has shown us very clearly that there is no plan, no foresight and no basic cop on at the very top of our so called government.

It's a total bloody mess and an even bigger concern for the future of this nation. If the current authorities can't get the basics right with bringing people in never mind deporting people who should be deported, does anyone think the same authorities wiill be able to handle the negatives, and there are many, found in every single European nation that has had to deal with this politic, that come from long term "multiculturalism"? I don't, and as it stands now none of the Irish political parties have the stomach or brains to deal with it and are all singing from the same idiotic hymn sheet, with the only "alternatives" being a literal handful of fringe hard Right loonies. And those gobdaws don't have a plan either. Irish politics: A headless chicken plucking its own feathers.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭Cordell

As it looks now it is unfortunately inevitable. The gates are wide open and the demographic shift is presented as a positive. The social and economic impact is ignored. If you don't agree you're racist.

Taoiseach 30 per cent Ukrainian stat sufficient evidence for you? Or do you know better than him with your superior access to information?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭enricoh

What's more the corporation tax Klondike of the last few years that pays for all this rubbish is under serious threat.

Can't believe I'm saying this but I'd prefer if a couple of the big MNCs pulled out this year instead of a couple of years down the line when we have a quarter of a million extra people here. Hard long term choices are being avoided by short term windfalls.

We are running at 8k a month extra into the country officially at the minute between Ukrainians and asylum seekers + family repatriation to follow.God knows how many unofficially coming in also.

It's absolutely nuts but rte would have you believe turf cutting is a bigger issue!!

• Advertisement

The debt crunch in the US, and in the EU is likely to bring about some of that. Governments can't continue bailing them out, covering their interest payments. Also with China seriously struggling economically/socially, we're going to see some ripples soon affecting our MNCs.

However, I doubt it will matter to our politicians.. the push on immigration will continue regardless of the actual state of the economy. After all, we'll see Irish people leave for other countries, only to be replaced by the immigrant population here in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 16,529 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Nobody can blame the concerns locals are raising over in Kinnegad on any far right organisation.

I've been watching both Prime Time, The Tonight Show and listening to various curent affairs programmes on the radio to see if they would have a segment on it and interview the local people who highlighted this but haven't seen it mentioned at all.

Remember a few years ago people in Rooskey and Oughterard also got demonized by the right on brigade because they voiced opposition to AS being dumped in their communities, I think we are going to see a lot more of this in the near future.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I've compared this politic to a religion before and by god(no pun) week on week it looks more and more like one and more and more like "good old catholic" Ireland where the narative was almost entirely controlled and curated by the Church and there was near zero exposure to criticism of that narrative or the Church by either government or the media.

Never mind any opposition, there is zero debate or media exposure on this unless it fits the narrative to a tee. None, zip, nada, as the Yanks might say. You are not going to see any interviews with locals in such cases. You will see interviews with "sympathetic" politicians, vested interest charities/NGOs, puff pieces on migrants and maybe shots of the small number of ranting Right wingers that show up to warn us all of the dangers of fascists. Of ordinary people with genuine concerns? Nothing, save for one way scripted empty platitudes and plámas aimed at them and dismissing those concerns. And onto the next stuffed hotel and tent city.

What we also won't see are the other vested interests; the hoteliers and other property owners hoovering up our taxpayer's money on the government's whim. Though given our history of corruption and collusion with "friends of the party" I'd be willing to bet the brown envelopes and nudge nudge wink winks are back. Well they never went away. When both our current minister for defence and minister for justice are the scions of parochial politicos with "issues" and monies "resting in accounts".... I'm not one for the sins of the father, but many a thing is learned at the parental knee, never mind the party and parochial culture. Most of all I blame the sins of us voters who ignore more red flags than a Chairman Mao birthday party and keep voting these lacklustre individuals in, time and time and time again. For all our progress, in one area we appear to have learned nothing.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭rgossip30

Philip O Dwyer is no longer a member of the national party . I think if a dog attacked you would react in a similar manner .

This is obviously the minimum they should have done years ago to unclog the system, severly doubt they will actually deport anyone though, people know how to play the system either get someone to do a petition for you to say and get a modest amount of signatures or go on a short hunger strike and instantly get leave to remain.

"In addition, the Department of Justice is establishing an accelerated decision-making process for IP applicants from safe countries of origin. This means that people arriving from countries such as Georgia will have their applications fast-tracked, which is expected to cut the processing time from two years to between two and three months.

It is also understood that enforcing stricter controls on arrival and cracking down on people using fake documentation is under Government consideration, as is expanding the number of countries that require visas for entry into Ireland."

• Advertisement

Maybe anyone not happy about this two tier system can fk off to somewhere else? No one owes them anything, not even an explanation.

This is obviously the minimum they should have done years ago to unclog the system, severly doubt they will actually deport anyone though, people know how to play the system either get someone to do a petition for you to say and get a modest amount of signatures or go on a short hunger strike and instantly get leave to remain.

The related NGOs have access to legal counsel who will tie the operation up in knots. It's the reason the appeals process stuttered to a halt, with so many rounds of appeals PP being implemented. The legal system in this country feeds off this industry, and they'll do the same over deportations. And then, there's the marketing companies, who will advise them on how to garner public support.

Nah. It's not going to happen. We've allowed too many systems to be created who profit from these groups, and without their removal, deportations won't happen. Oh, maybe a few dozen, but the majority will be blocked for years, probably long enough for them to gain rights to apply for citizenship, effectively bypassing the measures which would have seen them deported.

The only way we're going to see any enforcement of deportations, is when the NGOs are downsized, their funding restricted, the legal system investigated, and some politicians willing to champion the fight against the existing process.

So. Never.

Ah good old Lucky, always to tell us how bad we are. Airport is that way. The fact this clown got asulym shows how broken the system is

Zero chance we see deportations

They would nearly have to tie Mcentees hand down to make her sign a deportation order.

This Lucky guy seems to pop up a lot, WTF is he to tell us how to run our own country.

Over 7000 from outside the EU arrived here since January when less than 3000 was the figure for all last year.

2000 deportation orders signed in 2019 and less than 300 carried out.

These figures speak for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,101 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

If Lucky was Eastern European and had said that Africans got fast tracked then you know what he have been called.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Kudos. 😁

Possibly both our shortest posts, ever. Ah crap I went and ruined it didn't I? Ah well... 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

What employment is Lucky khambule in.

Or just simply What does he do.

He's in the business of stirring up racial tension, and, as proven by the BLM, it's a very lucrative business.

I would love to know how he supports himself or what position was made for him by our muppets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,574 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Are we not sending enough foreign aid abroad? Crazy that to think the country must be borrowing so much to fund this plus take 1000's of migrants in at the same time

He seems to keep his cards very close to his chest, I can find nothing as to who exactly he is and what he was doing before he came here.

He was barely off the plane when he was kicking off at the DP centre and founded this group MASI which probably gets funded by our taxes.

A bit of a troublemaker really.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Geert von Instetten

According to LinkedIn, Khambule is employed by Standard Life as a Customer Service Administrator in their Relations Support section. Apparently he has a work history in customer relations, it was the area he was employed in before leaving South Africa. On LinkedIn, his references are from the NGO sector and that may have helped in his hiring, though he certainly has relevant work history.

A finer example would be Bulelani Mfaco, Khambule was granted Humanitarian Leave to Remain after appealing a deportation order, in contrast, Mfaco had received multiple deportation orders and was repeatedly informed of his obligation to leave the State. Mfaco was then fortuitously offered the opportunity to remain in the State through a Doctorate in Sociology, in the area of asylum studies. The timing on that was interesting indeed.

Very interesting. You see looking more into this, it seems that these trouble makers are being funded by the country and government that they are steadily calling out for disregarding one cultural minority for another. And to me he seems totally against our way of life and cultural beliefs but is all for our benefits. About time someone stood up and looked seriously into these bluffers and if any discrepancies found supply a one way ticket to wherever they left.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

How can he claim Asylum coming from South Africa? It's not a war zone, was not experiencing Civil unrest on a mass scale when he arrived here and is one of the most stable and wealthiest countries in Sub-Saharan Africa.

He should have been back on the plane a matter of days after he arrived.

Easily enough actually. Appearances are deceiving. S.Africa is back to their own tricks, except with the Black population pulling the discriminatory strings.

Ethnic strife/violence is common enough. LGBTQ are under real threat within the society, and by the risks coming from authorities, even while the law supposedly protects them but ultimately fails to do. S.Africa is quickly returning to the corrupt and brutal nation it was before. It's only a stable nation if you belong to the approved Tribal groups.. if you're not.. then, you're going to face discrimination at all levels, with the real risk of violence extended to you. There's little interest in the media, at highlighting what's been happening in S.Africa because it's Black people doing it all... kinda embarrassing to scream racism when your victims become the bullies.

Asylum is given for many reasons.. not just because of war. If someone can prove that their lives were threatened by remaining in a nation, then they can claim Asylum elsewhere. In fairness, that was the original reason for Asylum, with war being added much later.

I very much think given the time Lucky spent in DP it was a legitimate case of his life being in danger in SA.

It's almost amusing watching the people FG and the entire Irish politik have indulged for years, sticking the boot in.

Post edited by Luxembourgo on

The point was about SA, and why someone might claim Asylum here.

I didn't say that I approved of giving Asylum in such cases. Most people like that have the means to travel/live elsewhere as economic migrants, without the need for the Irish State to fund their stay here.

TBH I do think Asylum should be drastically scaled down, giving aid to those who genuinely need it. Not to those who have other options, which are easily achieved..

White South Africans should be eligible to asylum, but that will open all kind of cans of worms...

• Advertisement

They already are, and already have. There have been white SA who claimed Asylum for LGBTQ persecution in SA, and ended up in Ireland. I remember someone posted links to such a person on this thread months ago.

Asylum is not judged by race/ethnicity. Nor whether someone comes from a "civilised" country. An American could claim asylum here, and if they meet the requirements, be granted it.

Advertisement