Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PV Feed In Tariff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭glen123

I think, they are rates before 30% discount gets applied to them for New Customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭MakersMark

No it wouldn't, as installers don't know the earnings of a client, and won't know how much tax cabn be claimed back.

A 2k grant merely increases the install price by 2k

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

They don't need to, they won't be targeting the lower tax payers. Our price + 20% tax back!

Or €2000 tax credit or whatever way you swing it.

There is reasonable installers out there. The ones that take the hand will always do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

So are all the people doing NC7 forms to export over 6kW going to get the FIT from their supplier? I'm assuming they're on a domestic meter like a 16kVA one

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement

I suspect that's a mystery even to ESBN

I suppose we should all keep an eye on @mp3guy and how he fares with the FIT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jkforde

Anyone know how the 'deemed' (industry or CRU estimated!?) export volume percentage (preliminary suggestion of 35%) will work for those of us who are exporting surplus but do not have a smart meter. I wonder would it be best to keep D\N meter and just take this ''deemed'' CEG payment

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

I'd not rush to a Smart meter, I'd wait and see how the dust settles on the estimated payments first.

Estimation is a calculation from the Cru it's on the website somewhere. But it's based on inverter size on NC6

(Big brain idea: put in nc6 without actually putting in solar!)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

SSE have some details on it here... look at "How is deemed export calculated" section

Some example values here based on two array sizes.

I wonder would it be best to keep D\N meter and just take this ''deemed'' CEG payment

The answer to that is a resounding "keep the d/n meter". The main reason is that you get paid for the deemed export even if you exported nothing! 😉

• Advertisement

"..Big brain idea: put in nc6 without actually putting in solar!" 🤣😁😃

so for a 5kw hybrid inverter, the preliminary 35% deemed export = 1.75kw max export and then payments are based on export estimates\averages?

and, I agree re. wait and see for now, but just messaged Pinenergy re. their EV plan and 13.5c CEG, will see what they say, it might be worth it in my circumstances

and on another note, is it just me or are Bonkers, Switcher, etc behind the curve on this?, I'm finding their services totally lacking now that the market has evolved.

thanks both for great advice, gotta love boardies!👍️👍️👍️

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

so for a 5kw hybrid inverter, the preliminary 35% deemed export = 1.75kw max export and then payments are based on export estimates\averages?

the formula is more complicated than that and is also based on array size, not inverter size. See previous post

• Registered Users Posts: 45,454 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Remember to do the maths (for the whole year, not just the summer!) on consumption of high priced units with Pinergy and others.

No point getting paid for export if you're consuming a good few expensive day units (Pinergy's isn't far off 40c per kWh unit). In fact, you could be much worse off than a standard d/N battery set up, as some of night rates I've seen with smart meters are higher than I'm paying for day units!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭curioustony

From purevolt.ie

🌞4.55 kWp, azimuth 136°, slope 24°, 5kW, 🛢️10.9kWh, Roscommon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

Why do I Have a feeling EI and BG will be the same price w

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭curioustony

I keep searching. Must be an optimist. Anyway I found this snip.

I'm not a subscriber so don't of it says what clarification is being asked for

🌞4.55 kWp, azimuth 136°, slope 24°, 5kW, 🛢️10.9kWh, Roscommon

Am I the only one reading "waiting for the government to clarify points" as "waiting for the government to cough up more money " or "holding out until they get a court order"

Perhaps I'm too cynical 😏

• Registered Users Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭paulbok

They're waiting until the summer (high production) is over before starting to pay out on a pittance over the winter.

Government missed a trick in not specifying the rate, e.g. 90% of your existing day rate. A rate like that would also have eliminated the need for a battery for most, making installs a bit more affordable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

The point is to not actually give people anything back but only seem like they are.

Like they have with their ridiculous EV grant limit of under 60k only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭paulbok

Looking at the SSE rates, it's not just making it seem like they are giving, but using it as a reason to overcharge massively on day rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭steamdave

I have just had a smart meter installed (before I read on here about refusing one) and my present contract with EI is ending soon. Looking at Bonkers.ie the best rates for electricity only for my usage are with SSE. I'm part way through the installation of a PV system so unles anyone can tell me why not, I'll be going with SSE and maybe get a small amount back with FIT.

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭con747

I would hold off until the two biggest players announce their FIT rates before entering a 12 month contract.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

I'm pretty sure whatever rate EI and BG give it'll be a pittance and probably worse than what SSE are offering

I'd go with the cheapest supplier/tariff for you right now. Not on something that's coming "soon".

When the dust has settled next year you can re evaluate your position.

I have to disagree, if they have to announce their rates by the end of the month I would wait to see the rates before locking into a 12 month contract. I can also remember everyone here stating the FIT would be 5-7c or less and that was wrong.

Well so far SSE is the only decent proposition since Pinergy require you to sign up to a horrendous import rate to get paid for export.

They definitely beat expectations but I suspect that's to pull in more customers initially. Also I think SSE are selling solar panel installations with a 3rd party, so a decent FIT is a good marketing tactic

The other suppliers have had ample time to announce rates, they wouldn't be running down the clock if they were planning to give a decent export tariff, they'd announce early to try and get as many people to switch to them as possible

I seriously doubt EI or BG will beat the current rate by SSE, and if they do they'll attach some BS requirements like a high import rate

If anyone's up for renewal and wants to wait until the end of July then fair enough, it's only 2 weeks away. But if there's another "delay" then I don't see it worth holding out for

Personally I'd take the deal on the table, especially given the current sunny weather

• Registered Users Posts: 12,325 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

SSE do indeed partner with a 3rd party for installs, one well known in these parts.

I'm out of contract in September as far as I remember. But I'm currently sitting on €550 credit, and with less than 10kWh a month being purchased for July and August I'll most likely have to stick with them through the winter in order to use it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

Fair play to sse to be honest. This could work out well for them.

• Advertisement

I agree if the two big players start pushing the ball down the road go for the best option at the end of the month, but I would at least wait until all the cards are on the table before signing a 12 month contract. If they don't announce a FIT in the timeframe that was set it would be time for people to get on to the regulator for all the use that might be. As far as SSE's solar division is concerned it is widely known to avoid at all costs.

Advertisement