Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

there are about 12 young people of a certain country we are helping,

yeah nobody could ever decipher something so cryptic.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

nobody is being asked to decipher anything. The TA just relates to people who are being helped immeasurably, not respecting those around them, other customers, staff etc…. and leaving a communal area absolutely fûcking trashed and those chaperoning, not of the mind to encourage, lead or influence them to clean up after themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Would have been charming if these individuals might have used the various rubbish bins provided or their chaperones encouraged it…respecting their environment, staff and other customers. 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I thought this was the thread where you could just post your TA and be done with it, instead of getting roped into a whole discussion on its validity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

The bus driver has the FM 104 Strawberry Alarm Clock playing though every speaker on the bus so I'm being forced to endure the autotuned shyte that somehow passes for music that is regularly featured on it. I can't even block it out with my own music because my airpods are dead out of power :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Having to sign in to my Dunnes & Tesco apps every time I need to access my clubcards. Is there any way around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Reminds me of my own dad. For years he was denied a medical card because of his old army pension. He had several ailments that required a lot of different medication and trips to his GP. Fast forward a few years and about a month after he died he was given a medical card and a week after that a hospital appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Things from my old house not fitting into my new house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭wildwillow

I’ve been through this. Wave them goodbye. I gave some “precious to me” items to people who I knew would cherish them and sold or donated or dumped everything else.

But I did a very dramatic downsize so had to be ruthless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Dramatik

You have a bunch of TA's that you want to post here but then when you finally have the time to get on here, you can't remember any of them.

TA sitting on a bus and the person directly behind me is having an argumentative business call and the girl sitting on front of me is watching videos of what I presume is a relatives new born baby howling at full volume. It's like they're competing to see who can be the loudest and I'm stuck in the middle.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

TA that extreme violence on public transport isn't encouraged in these situations

• Registered Users Posts: 13,169 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

My mother uses a landline, she's of that age where it's her lifeline not to mention it's connected to her personal alarm.

Eir sent out notification this week of their increased charges and it makes for some grim reading.

Heaven forbid, someone had to ring their call centre or couldn't log in to view their bill online 😒

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Horrible discrimination of ppl who aren't computer literate, ppl can be computer illiteratee for many many valid reasons.We will see much more of this.

Ta the dog vomit colour of coconut milk curries.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Ta eir can just decide to award themselves an increase of inflation + 3% every year from now on.

Just waiting for my automatic annual pay increase of 11% to 12%, and that's before any increments or promotion. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I had many driving related ones but I'm going to just do the biggest one I've been noticing lately - last millisecond indicators. What the **** is the point of putting on an indicator as you bloody make the turn? There's a junction near my house and the amount of times I'm waiting to cross the street only for the ******* to indicate and turn at the last second! I swear driving standards are getting worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

What I've noticed is people just pulling out. I've had to break hard a fair few times this week (no I wasn't speeding) for people who didn't want to wait and said feck it, extra brownie points for the ones that did this and proceeded at 20km/h in a 50 zone.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 12,314 ✭✭✭✭blade1

A woman from, let's just say a certain country, cycled straight out in front of me.

Luckily her lack of looking for oncoming traffic made me certain she was going to do it so I stopped and let her cross.

That certain country is Ireland 😁

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Listen pal, you don't need to have the conversation on speaker phone on the bus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭WJL

My ear plugs falling out exercising. Especially on a bike outdoors and having to stop.

When there's a nice song at the end of a film or programme and the continuity announcer talks over it.

Not showing the full end credits of a film and I can't see the year it was made etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

People (usually women) who brake for no reason or when meeting another car.

Obviously people who don't know how to use lanes on a roundabout and swerve into the inside lane for absolutely no reason.

Can ya tell I've been doing lots of driving the last few days?!

Booooom! How's life man? Never really see you posting on this anymore. Once in a blue moon job. You're like an OG returning 😆 kids all good and that yeah?

Hoping my neighbors garden party ends at a sensible time

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Next time that happens, I'll join in the conversation just for the hell of it. That'll teach them.

Went for a spin and stopped at a shop for a 99.

Joined a queue of 6.

I was about 15min queuing because everything that could go wrong did go wrong.

First the two behind the counter couldn't get a lid back on a jar.

Then everytime they asked someone "is that it?", the person would order something else.

Then to top it all off when I finally got to the counter and asked for a 99, she tells me they are not doing them as the ice-cream is too soft and it will slide straight off the cone.

Felt like banging my head off the wall 😄

My TA is that now I really want a 99 too.

• Advertisement

Do it!

My second TA is I then went the next shop and asked for a 99, I had a helmet in one hand, my phone to pay with in the other and the woman straight away walks off and makes the 99.

God damn it, take the payment first, I've only two hands!.

And the 99 was 2.60 and half the size of the ones I get in my local town for €2.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement