Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Blacks v Ireland part III - July 16 8.05am Ireland time

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

I thought Aki was the best player for Ireland! He was brilliant! Good showing all around! N.Z are in trouble, they look very beatable. It's a strange sight to see! But, it's good for us to get over them for the series.

Faz has done some great work!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Mcnamara is a soccer commentator. Doesn't even know the basic laws of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

Excellent game of rugby.

The biggest turning point for me was in the first half. I grew up watching Ireland get hammered by NZ, then who thought they might be able to beat NZ. So they would spend 20 mins banging away at the NZ line, end up with next to nothing and NZ would walk down and score a try

The opposite happened this morning when Ireland soaked the pressure and then went onto score. I was more confident from that moment on.

Porter, to me after watching a lot of these tackles it wasn't a red. JGP had something similar v Connacht earlier in season. I am sure NZ fans wont see it that way.

great to watch the series and watch some great rugby. Really attacking/skilful stuff.

The constant booing of everything by the NZ crowd seemed worse than any stadium I have heard but maybe I am wrong.

Funny part, jumped for the Henshaw try, my apple watch thought I had fallen and wanted to contact emergencies services. Maybe a bit too excited.

Time for a few weeks off rugby I think as its been a long season

More POM (+ chaperone Aki, looks like he has a job on his hands!)

(sound icon to turn on sound)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mf 265

Well done on winning a friendly,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deusexmachina

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Walter Sobchak III

As a rating over a three test series I think it's very fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Porter absorbed the tackle.

That means he didn’t put force into the tackle, it was a passive tackle, in other words he braced himself for the incoming impact.

My take on it was that Retallick went for the big collision and came off worse for it. Tough luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Just watched it back. Beirne in the last 15 was incredible. Was particularly nice to see that it was Dane Coles that he minced at the ruck to turn the ball over on the 75th minute mark. I spotted Coles leaving a bit on Sexton when the two were on the deck a few minutes prior.

• Advertisement

Looks like Bundee is trying to sober Beetlejuice up with some chicken!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Strand1970

I want to admit I was 110% wrong about Jonny Sexton and I am delighted to admit I was wrong. He is class, period. I finally understand there is no one of his ability at 10 in Ireland or anywhere at the moment and we are a shadow team without him presently. Jesus I hope he is there for the world cup next year. Beirne was unreal today

Sexton needs to be put into Cryosleep now and reanimated about 6 weeks before the world cup

Don't like videos of sports people having a night out after a good win. I think it's unfair, we are all entitled to cut loose and relax without everyone seeing it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

That's making excuses. Let's be real, it's basically the same as last week.

Personally I don't believe accidental head clashes should be reds but if you're applying the laws consistently, then porters was a red too.

It's porters responsibility to not make contact with the head. He didn't adhere to his responsibility and made contact with the head. Giving a yellow was a cop out. It was either a red or nothing.

Ireland have been very lucky with cards over the past year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,072 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

this is just kicking off again on sky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭RichieRich_89

Is his commentary voice an affectation? He sounds different when he's doing post-match interviews. He should tone it down a bit, imo. It sounds a bit over the top and contrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭TRC10

What needs to happen is Frawley needs to start getting games at 10 and Carbery needs to find some form in red.

What are the chances of him getting outhalf games (and more so, the games against the tougher URC teams and the ERC cup games) at Leinster ahead of Sexton and the two Byrnes?

(i.e the long ongoing issue there)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭TRC10

Reiko Ioane sticking his tongue out, making funny noises and throat slitting gestures and trying to look intimidating becomes less scary and a bit funny when they've lost 4 of the last 5 games. He'd probably be better off reigning it in until they win a few games.

I'm watching the match back now and I'll admit it gave me a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭kuang1

Have a look at this... Cringe of the highest order imo. Brings advertising and product placement to a new low.

Start watching right on the hour mark:

Edit, start watching at 1:00:40 to be precise!

Wow... Another amazing stat from today:

Being behind by 19 points at halftime was the biggest halftime defecit the ABs experienced in over 600 test matches!

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Roxxers

• Registered Users Posts: 17,072 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

wow. thats unabashedly shameful and cringey.

thought it was GOT alright once the shadow of dragon 'flew' across the pitch.

and jeff wilson, improve your acting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

🤣 Christ, the NZRU must be hard-up for cheddar to be engaging in that sort of nonsense.

Mils Muliana must be thinking "I used to be somebody you know"

Watching the game again now on sky without the emotion. First half we were clinic. Will be interesting to see where NZ are against SA Iin a few weeks

Everytime bundee took the kick off he just stayed in side the 22, clever

Knowing the end result, it's not too stress inducing (and maybe even a little smug-inducing) to watch Will Jordan run 80 metres to score what ended up being NZ's last points of the game.

As an earlier poster highlighted, if Sexton had given up the chase, the conversion could have been a lot easier to make it a one point game. Barrett missed the conversion and it was 22-25, 61 minutes on the clock.

Jordan actually dotted down that try on 59:36 on the match clock.

So that means NZ didn't score in the first OR last 20 minutes of that game today.

Amazing testament to Irish defence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Samuri Suicide

I'm a "blow in"

Fantastic game. For me the performance in the second half was where Ireland showed their grit with the All Blacks on the charge. This is where we learnt how to win a game.

I lived in NZ for 4 years (Christchurch), rugby is literally a religion there. 20 pitches in Hagley Park on a Saturday rammed with U8/U12/U14 + kids playing their hearts out. What Ireland achieved is fking amazing and the while team/coaches etc should be very proud so should we...as the armchairs viewers.

Post edited by Samuri Suicide on

Advertisement