Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Comments

Ah FFS.

Fan favourite casting, they do it, then LoLz JuSt KiDdInG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,018 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Plus he does a lot of writing and directing stuff now, so taking on a role like Reed and given they would likely want the F4 to be popping up here and there not just their own movies, I'd say he probably doesn't want to take that on or would be really expensive.

Likewise if we get a new run of X-Men, I doubt it'll be Patrick Stewart at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,905 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Unless they allowed Krasinski free reign to direct all the F4 movies it'd be unlikely.

They could just cast McEvoy again as they played the same character, in Universe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I think they got the casting in the 2005 version, spot on. One of the better results from that movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Keanu Reeves has to join the MCU at some stage. Didn't Feige say that they offer him characters all the time.

He himself has said he would like to revisit Constantine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,905 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Wolverine the obvious choice but I think he'd be a great Sinister.

A lot of the casting in the X-Men movies (especially the first trilogy) was amazing. Stewart, McKellen and Grammer were utterly perfect. I also loved Romijn, Cumming and Park

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,065 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The current cast for Sony’s Madame Web film

Dakota Johnson

Emma Roberts

Sydney Sweeney

Isabela Merced

Mike Epps

Tahar Rahim

Celeste O’Connor

Adam Scott

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,776 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Reports now that Disney will announce the cast and the director for the Fantastic Four at D23 in September so if that is true then those leaked names can't be far off.

I'll go with

Adis Hodge as Reed Richards

Zoe Kravitz as Sue Storm

Alford Enoch as Johnny Storm

O'Shea Jackson Jr as Ben Grimm

Corey Hawkins as Doctor Doom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I would have thought since they were going to Comic Con this year, there'd be a big announcement there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Comic con San Diego is actually starting this week! Starts this Thursday so I'd say we'll get the MCU news around then

I would imagine they will keep there very big announements for there own event, No doubt there will be some MCU announcements at Comic Con maybe even teasing bigger ones at there own D23 event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,189 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

May be Comic Con as that's where they had the last big panel I think and the reveal of Mahershala Ali as Blade.

On another note, I was trying to think with nearly all films and series having post/mid credits scenes have any of them not had a payoff? Like the first Doctor Strange teased Baron Mordo as the future villain but nothing has come of it yet. I know plans change and then there were ones that were just there as fan service or jokes. And then have more recent ones like Eternals which are due to get resolved at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,197 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I can't see anything more of the Hawkeye post credit scene coming about funny enough.

I said this over on the relevant thread but if they do green light Ms Marvel S2 I hope there isn't an announcement until after The Marvels comes out. It would detract from any peril that Kamala finds herself in knowing she has to survive to star in her own show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Totally agree, Ms Marvel's story is continuing in The Marvels. Announcing a second season means that we already knows that she survives The Marvels. Not saying they would kill her off. A good example was the latest season of The Flash. Before the season finale, they announced that the actress who played a character that had been seemingly killed off in the episode prior had signed on for the next season basically spoiling that she survived

• Registered Users Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Someone went wild on reddit with supposed leaks for SDCC. Highlights are

Jamie Dornan as Reed, Amanda Seyfried as Sue and Joe keery as johnny. Directed by spielberg

Giancarlo espicato as professor ex.

Tony Starr as dracula.

I don't believe a word of it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Spielberg directing a MCU film?

As rumours go, that's just getting greedy.

Next it'll be Tim Burton bringing Moonknight to the Big Screen 🙄

It will never happen for obvious reasons but I'd love to see what Bryan Singer could do with The X-Men in the MCU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Singer is up and down in how he dealt with the x men, showing clear favouritism for certain characters over others. The Russos would be ideal for bringing the X Men to life in the MCU I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Read an article that Anthony Starr has signed on to play some marvel villain.. Rumoured to be Sebastian Shaw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,099 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I know little about the FF apart from their middling movies. And, as I have stated, I'm beginning to suffer from MCU fatigue. However, given the very fact that I do know so little about FF, I would be interested to see a movie. I think bringing in FF and X-Men would be a good shot in the arm.

I think it would be interesting to see new directors into the MCU fold but there are inherent risks involved in committing to such a franchise (of franchises): Tying yourself to a HUGE budget, tentpole movie that could soak up 2-3 years of your career; pigeon-holing yourself; potential toxic backlash etc. So, while it would be interesting to see new directorial blood in the MCU, I think the Russos would do a very good job on a FF movie or an X-men movie. They have shown they can handle large ensembles (And Winter Soldier is one of my favourite MCU movies)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,154 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Russo's were just recently talking about how much they love the Secret Wars comics and how it would be such a challenge to put together movie(s) for them. I dont see them needed to promote themselves for the role given their relationship with Marvel so feel they're already signed up for that at some stage.

Don't see them tying themselves to X-Men or FF as I'd suspect Marvel will want directors to sign up to multiple movies over several years tied to the characters like most MCU standalone movies.

Yeah if The Russo's came back to the MCU it would be for Secret Wars which is a huge storyline and would probably have major impact to the MCU.

For Fantastic Four, I hope they just skim through them getting their powers instead of the whole movie being an origin story.

Someone help me out here, I know on Disney plus the next project is She Hulk and there are a few more for the year including the Guardians Holiday special but what is the next Marvel feature scheduled for cinema and when? Are we done for 2022?

When it comes to the X-Men, Disney need to blacklist Simon Kinberg and keep him well away from the MCU.

I'm surpised Matthew Vaughn hasn't been offered an MCU movie. I wouldn't mind seeing him have another crack at the X-Men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,018 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Movies

• Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - Nov. 11, 2022
    • Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania - Feb. 17, 2023
    • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 - May 5, 2023
    • The Marvels - July 28, 2023

Disney Plus shows

• She-Hulk Aug. 17, 2022
    • What...If? season 2 2022
    • The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special December 2022

• Advertisement

Secret Invasion has been pushed till 2023 by all accounts over the last few days and will be a lead into The Marvels.

Advertisement