Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

As I have already explained I cannot help you with reading and comprehension

Now if your plan is to drag this thread down to the juvenile levels of the government thread you certainly are succeeding but I have no interest.

The thread is to debate about Sinn Fein….not the back and forward bullshi** on the government thread that is just gibberish

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Irelandsnumberone

You stated "How many abusive names have we seen used against TD today"

I asked for even one and you have went on a rant. A twitter link, boards post anything will do tbh

With the use of fake accounts and bots described as “devious, sinister and cunning” by a poster on the government thread who is a SF supporter

Is it time SF stopped the online campaign which has been going on for years

Should the supporters not be the ones telling Sf enough is enough as they seem to suggest?

Or do they support this carry on?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭shirrup

Every single political party in Ireland (or further afield)has a presence online. As for bots and fake accounts they're all at it too. I know this is a thread about SF, but wasn't a past Taoiseach of ireland on record of being in favour of the creation of an online presence of his bots/fake accounts to big up his own party who are now languishing in the polls?

The proposal was for the government, not for a party. It was also rejected over 4 years ago. Are you aware proposals are made everyday, some are approved and some are rejected.

It shows how ludicrous this forum is when people constantly point to a proposal 4 years ago while defending a party currently running a campaign and have been for years, information back as far as 2014 of attacking people online by SF supporters. That is nearly 10 years of online abuse of opposition TD's and supporters.

As usual it "but but FG but but"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭KaneToad

I sometimes think it gets lost in the opinion poll discussion but these surveys have a margin of error of +/- 3%.

This can negate a 6% difference between two parties.

No, the margin of error was discussed on the other thread about the Government of chaos and confusion.

3%+/- is hardly something the government party's would be taking any solace in anyway, considering SF are outpolling them by a whopping 15%.

11 years after we were supposed to be getting "new politics" when FF were effectively decimated and removed from power, look at how the political landscape has changed.

FF and FGs days are numbered.

Post edited by shirrup on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Dan.

Oldest link I found on the start of online supporters for Sinn Fein and them abusing TD/supporters online. This is actually mild compared to what we see today

The alarming bit if you google is the amount of SF TD's and councillors over the years that have been caught with online abusing, trolling, fake accounts, dodgy facebook websites etc.

Yet SF have done nothing to stop this.

Then we have Mairia Cahill abuse which was carried out by former PIRA members and SF supporters online, she is still getting abuse today from the same people.

What have SF done about it? nothing.

Terrible this has gone on for so long

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/politics/mairia-being-harassed-online-ira-4496498

I laughed at this.

It shows how ludicrous this forum is when people constantly point to a proposal 4 years ago

Like four years ago is ancient history, and must be ignored now....

Then proceeds to post articles from 8 years ago.

Oldest link I found on the start of online supporters for Sinn Fein and them abusing TD/supporters online. This is actually mild compared to what we see today

It's comedy gold it really is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

They didn't really. It went as expected but their perception of what it means is different from how many others view it.

You are going against the grain here, despite the world and it's goldfish acknowledging that the opposition didn't introduce the MONC expecting it to pass, some in here are repeating their own (and it seems only their own) narrative adnauseam that "they made a mess of it".

If you're only fooling themselves and no-one else, does that make them the foolish ones?

Post edited by shirrup on

Just really never had any time for them, always have been, They come they go, they largely look like drama queen stuff from the opposition except in the fairly are cases where the government was going down anyway.

You've completely misread my post is that so. I wasn't personally insulting you (or anyone else) on the contrary actually, I actually acknowledged how you were correcting those who were "fooling themselves"

Edit, I can see how the last sentence may well read like it was commenting on you personally, but definitely not the case. I was aiming it at those who are throwing out the false narrative that the opposition somehow messed up. As you've acknowledged, the opposition did exactly what they set out to do. I have slightly reworded it to reflect that fact.

No personal insult intended in any way whatsoever. I apologise if that is how you read it though.

Thanks for that. I had a read through it again and yes I misread it initially!

States the Margain of Error on all polls, of course this is known. Whats your point? Them hold Shinners could be further ahead than we think?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,911 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

A nuclear strike on England, that wouldn't affect Scotland, Wales or Ireland?

What a well informed factual article.

And as a bonus, you even managed to somehow link it to Sinn Fein.

There are no words for the sheer stupidity in that article, (and desperation linking an Irish political party to it).

• Registered Users Posts: 27,911 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

A very sad account of the SF/IRA legacy that still haunts people to this day.

Never forget what they did and what they are.

"At least twenty bombs exploded in the space of eighty minutes, most within a half hour period"

Nine people were killed: five civilians, two British soldiers, a Royal Ulster Constabulary (RUC) reservist, and an Ulster Defence Association (UDA) member, while 130 were injured. 

Strange we haven't got the usual plastering of twitter with celebration from Provisional SF about blowing up people.

Normally they seem to think this should be a celebration

• Advertisement

and the media's account of this dreadful tragedy... RTE seem to be suffering from some kind of 're-write the history book syndrome' as no mention of the IRA's responsibility to any degree.

Dan.

Well if they mention PSF and PIRA they will have Mary Lou after them again

This is what happens when a political party censors the media to change history. Expect more and more of this to happen as SF try to re-write the history books.

I am sure they will not mention all the drug running carried out in Dublin and other cities in Ireland by PIRA which has ruined thousands, if not millions of lives.

How many times did we hear from PSF and from PIRA that blowing up loads of innocent people was a "mistake". You would think after this "mistake" they might have learned but they never did

Post edited by brokenangel on

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Relax brah

How can anyone support a criminal political group who are involved in murder with the likes of Jonathan dowdall who was involved in the regency shooting?

Says it all

Ahh Dowdall is just stupid enough to get caught.

Its when SF are hiring thugs to go around “canvassing” that is the real concern. One was caught and put in jail but what about the rest?

Mary Lou herself said she had no problem when a couple of “heavies” got sent around to a former SF member to get her to remove tweets off her personal accounts because it was negative towards SF

It is baffling that some people ignore this, going on about how great the PIRA was. The PIRA was just a criminal gangs in theend running drugs and cigarette and you name it, making a few people rich and if anyone got in their way it was death. Same today with the criminal operations still in full flow around the border area.

If SF get into government here expect ireland to descend into a criminal capital of Europe. It’s not like SF would go after the Kinahans etc well not unless the Kinahans don’t pay their dues to them

Dowdall is stupid enough to get caught or SF are stupid enough to have one their own get caught?

They are knee deep in crime and drug trade, the uneducated social welfare recipients who support them probably see this as a positive.

The hutches are in with SF, the kinahans do business with the loyalists.

Im shocked to hear the PIRA did bad things.

Im sure bringing that up again and again will lose votes for SF. Worked so well last election

This is very common from Sf who throughout the 1990s on words would bully the life out of anyone up North who would run against their own. I recall a situation of a well-liked and esteemed family Dr who decided to run against a well know big name Sf'er. This is about 20 years plus back. The Sf and their lot of 'supporters' bullied the life out of the Dr [who was an independent and not part of any political party] to such a point he had to leave the area and never again went near the idea of being a politician. Kind of like what Hamas do in Palestine areas if you follow my meaning. It's done nowadays but with an unbelievable level of smiley menace. I would like to know who does all the training for those Sf brigades.

Dan.

Oh 100%, I seen it going on. When I lived in the North the catholics didn’t fear the RUC or the unionist. It was the PIRA they feared.

As I posted above the punishment beatings was just because of drugs or something else. Someone looked at someone wrong in a pub and that was a beating type thing.

Now I’m not saying the RUC etc where angels but the biggest fear was getting on wrong side of the PIRA

Exactly they had no interest in cleaning up the streets. They where taxing drug dealers to get their cut.

Everyone knows this. Sure my brother was in college with Pearse Doherty, he stayed in the same digs as Pearse and said the place was raided every other week by Garda.

Everything right now is a total front and if they do get into power watch how then judicial system will change. crime will go through the rough as Will drug problems in the country, terrifying prospect.

• Advertisement

It's not a front, anyone with a bit of cop on can see exactly what they are.

The biggest problem I see is if they get in will we be able to get them out before they ruin the country. Look at the 24 years since the GFA in the North.

Advertisement