Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Blackwater Motors taking bookings for mid August. Booked for 16th, they want the car for 2 days. Will get a replacement (my gut feeling says a polo).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,391 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

I would bring one car and do as much together as possible: eg hiking for all just one parent/child goes further.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

Yeah I think it would be added hassle and not worth it especially with needing to find public chargers.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭ACAandCTA

Western Motors Drogheda taking bookings too, in for August 10th, say they have one in with them currently.

Expected to take two days and pick up on day three, will be given a complimentary car for the duration.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,502 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Frank Keane your only the work in Liffey valley. Offered my Aug 29th. Going to try elsewhere , Wicklow would be handier

edit: got booked in for 5th Aug with Trinity Wicklow

Post edited by ted1 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭bodgerfederer

Walked into fk deansgrange and booked for august 8th- could have booked any time after july 25th.

also saying 3 days but was told that’s just to give them wiggle room. I’m hoping it’ll be 1 day.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

I called and booked in Limerick for late August. Not in any hurry other than getting it done before the battery heating is needed again. They said it’s a 2 day job

I'm booked in for 19th August. I hope I get a decent car, no doubt I will get an underpowered little manual ICE.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

I may call them too! Would have been handy to have it done when we are away. Please not a manual!

Lol you can be sure you'll get the manual ! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭VWPAT

Got my appointment for 2.4 and new 12v battery for 18th august. Car driving like a dream and 2.3 software running smoothly and no bugs.

Ha ha, I was offered a choice- automatic or manual. I went for manual as it’s been a while and I might have forgot how to. And sure, it’s not my clutch.

That’s mad, knew they are a crowd of cowboys. Glad I went elsewhere

are they doing it there. They explicitly said to me “ we are not doing it here, only our Liffey valley branch is “

when I was buying me car , they were about 6k dearer. Would recommend people avoid them

They didn’t say they weren’t doing it there so I assumed they were? We’ll see how long it takes I guess.

I wasn’t overcharged on the car when I got it- list price + tow bar, decent trade in on the egolf and 0%pcp. Admittedly I didn’t shop around - it seemed like a good deal and they got me one from stock 2 weeks after I walked in the door. Maybe depends on who you deal with?

another garage gave me a 3k scrappage deal while FK offered to take it and they weren’t passing on the VRT saving

Has anyone successfully got a report on battery health from a dealer. The only reply I got so far was "everything is ok" without any data to back it up. Hypotheticallyhow can you claim battery warranty if you can't get an accurate figure from the dealer.

The reason I'm asking is the report from one of the id.3 owners in VW club about the substantial drop in the autonomy and low soc of 45kWh reported by one if apps. The post is here. A high cell voltage imbalance of 201mV is also reported. This is aligns with testing of other apps by battery life with soc of 50kwh reported. I always suspected that my battery does not perform well. With consumption of 13kWh/100km I can only cover ab 160-165km and this will be ab 55% soc. The charging at home to 80% would only be ab 25 kwh and this is including high ac losses. Its possible that there a few weak cells like with one the faulty ID.5 driven by Bjorn. His car didn't bot report any faults but the range was lower than expexted. I was continually told here that this just my driving, weather etc but i still think theres more to it. Even with consumption of 12kWh i cant get to 400km. So I wonder how get we get a report from the dealer?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Have you tried using a dongle and reading the values yourself?

I’d start there because you then know you have a case with the dealer if it shows a weak cell.

I have one if you want to try it out. I think you’re in Cork too and it only takes a minute to read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,391 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

KC, what dongle/app are you using in the ID3 1st. Thanks

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

App: CarScanner

dongle: vgate, but not sure of exact model. It worked on Leaf as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

I charged in Ionity cashel today and charging started when I connected my car without scanning of my card. Looks like I got free charge as this session is not on my bill?? Next one From Gorey is there. Anyone had something like this before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Yes, always a pleasure🤗. No 2 at Ionity Kill West was like that for over 3 months last year

Will try again on Wednesday 😁

Anyone used go charge charger in Arklow? Supposed to be 22kw and I am pulling only 3kw?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,033 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ID3 only have an 11KW charger so you won't get 22KW. Do you have the reduced charge option ticked on?

Some recent statistics from my drive to dunmanway and back last sunday. 149km in total, mainly local roads and some N roads driving at constant speeds not exceeding 90kmh. Very low consumption of 12.2kWh/100km but took 45% of Soc. So 12.2x 1.49 = 18.2 kWh. Range estimate at 100% - 331km.

Had to do some local driving after that on local N roads, Cork hills, 100kmH. Soc dropped to 26% (-9%), drove extra 36km. Total for the day 185km, 12.5kwh/100km consumption, soc drop 54%. used a grand total of 12.5x1.85 = 23.1 kWh. Range at 100% - 343km. Battery capacity estimate - 42.7kwh.

Charged overnight from 26% back to 80% using 26.75kWh. Batterylife estimated that charging loses for 5.5kW were ab 8.8% and for 11kW ab 7.5% so let's say for 1ph 7.4kW the loses are 8%. This give me a figure of 24.6kWh charged. So less thsn 10% difference from 23.1kWh calculated above. Ballpark figure for battery capacity 24.6/0.54 = 45.6kWh. I know there are a lot of assumptions but real life data shows that the battery is well below 50kWh. Battery life did a recent test with Aviloo which gave him a figure of 50kWh (strangely enought they were claiming that the starting batary capacity was 54kWh rather than 58kWh which artificially reduced the degradation from 14% to 7%). My back of envelope calculations that degradation could be as high as 20% after less than 2 years and 34k km. Not great... especially when classic Ioniq, i3, kona/eniro,tesla have almost no degradation of thier batteries. I beg there will be another VW scandal in the future similar to dieselgate.

Rant is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I've never seen a car so dusty, and I rarely wipe down my dash!

Piano black for the win. I will wipe it down tomorrow:) P.S. the outside is def worse:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Old diesel

What's the guaranteed minimum VW say the battery should have under warranty.

At those stats your car must be coming close to VW needing to look at the battery under warranty.

• Advertisement

70% / 8 years / 160k km. 70% of 58kWh is 40.6kWh so I'm not there yet. One thing I'm trying to understand is how you can get VW to give a health report on you battery? So far they just saying the battery is ok w/o any data to back it up.

Advertisement