Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota bz4X

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Bioscaller

I was also on the phone to 2 dealers today in Germany. Autoweber Toyota in Münster and Dortmund. They have plenty of cars ready to go on their compounds but they are stuck due to the recall. There is also no internal info to the dealers yet of how this issue supposed to be rectified. They dont have parts either. Also, any car that wasn't delivered got a delay of minimum 2 months in Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

Hi Bioscaller, looking to find out where the information regarding the issue being rectified in Japan has come from?

If that is the case I reckon it could be 6+ months :(

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭HTCJoeSoap

Rang several Toyota dealerships in Dublin and Meath... none of them have any delivery date info including my own Ashbourne dealer. They pretty much all said they're not been kept in the loop from Toyota Ireland.

Toyota Dealer Autoweber in Germany. (Biggest Toyota dealer chain). I called them yesterday. Any car that wasn't delivered yet gets the recall sorted in either Japan or VPC (Vehicle Preparation Centre) in Changchu, China.

Cars that have been delivered to the dealer are on hold and there is no official fix presented to the dealers yet.

So yeah, that sales guy was pretty unhappy as he has few hundred unhappy customers.

Absolut shitshow tbh.

Post edited by Bioscaller on

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭society4

So if it is Japan and delayed would it take about 6-8 weeks to ship a car once the fix has been made…..but with shipping delays that could be even longer…..I can’t pull out because the resale value of the car promised by Toyota that I’m trading in will probably reduce in 2023 but I think it probably is a good idea to get the 11w onboard charger and other perks of the 2023 model…….so disappointing ….

• Advertisement

Most likely, same with mine. Thats why I most probably gonna go for an ID4 which I got offered due to a cancellation. They offered we same trade in value as Toyota. Ill make that decision tomorrow. Either I will wait till next year or go for the ID4.

Sure it's the same with my old diesel corolla, it's going to lose some more trade-in value by January 2023, and if the delivery does get delayed beyond August then I'm changing my order to the 11kw one in the Premium edition and I actually want it in the navy rather than the precious metal colour.

At least then I know on the day that I'm driving it off the forecourt I'll be 100% happy with it.

But if by chance it does get delivered between now and the end of August I'll take it as it is.

Bioscaller... I'd seriously advise you look at the Nissan Ariya over the ID.4, it's way nicer and better spec. It's my back up option.

Look at the beauty in this review. I love it in the navy. It looks savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

And very soon the Ariya is going to come with 22kW AC as standard…..

so using an eCars AC22 thats 0-100% in less than 3 hours for the 63kWh version, and 4 hours 0-100% on the 87kWh version…… that’s a huge advantage over the ID.4

Had it on my radar but only available from next year from what all the Nissan dealers told me.

• Advertisement

Rumour on some of the bz Facebook groups in US that dealers are telling customers a remedy is imminent (next week)….perhaps they will release the ones that have been delivered ..

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭petronelduca

€500.00 deposit payment made for a Precious Metal one.

Toyota website kept advising the car is arriving in June 2002 and so I wrote to them the other day advising is already July. Today I note they changed the website content, advising bz4x available in 2022, no specific month.

A bit poor on the customer service's side IMHO.

Post edited by petronelduca on

Here's an update from Toyota Global. Production on the bZ4X line is now cancelled for the remainder of July.

I can see delivery dates at this stage getting pushed out beyond August and well into September or even October.

Told you guys before. That's what the German dealers told me last week. The main concern is about the already produced BZ as Toyota still did not issue an internal fix for them nor parts. All BZs in Germany are parked up for 4-5 weeks already and cant be handed over. Very disappointing for customers.

If id known this I would have waited until 2023 to order…..still hoping they can find a fix and ship the new parts …surely Toyota want this sorted so they don’t have to continue paying for rental vehicles for the 200 owners in the US….

I will get a BZ4X in 3 years from now. They should have the car ironed out by then and the car might have a range of 800kms, who knows.

Toyota's upcoming solid state battery technology can reportedly charge up to 1000km's in 15-20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭vimalandrew

I met few taxi drivers in Dublin last week and all of them have booked for bz4x and waiting. I asked them Ioniq 5 and Tela has more range, then why totyota. They said Toyota is the most efficient and reliable and will run for may be more than 10 years without any issue. If bz4x comes to the market it will capture the market with a storm. Tesla may get killed. As a result of International pressure, Toyota is delaying the bz4x. I myself booked last month and dealer said, it will be delivered on at the end of August. It looks like even Gulf countries are pressurising toyota. Now itseld Toyota has the largest selling cars in Ireland. If bz4x comes, then need not sya, what is going to happen. SO I would assume, it is not coming this year. They justifies it saying that its wheel nuts are not proper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,066 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Who exactly is pressurising Toyota and why ?

Are you saying there is no issue with the wheel nuts?

From what I've read about the issue, it's the wheel bolts/lug nuts weren't torqued to the right level of tightness at the assembly plant and that the car the nuts "might loosen" if the car took a sharp corner at certain speeds. I also saw over the weekend on some of the BZ4X owner group pages on Facebook that some US dealers are telling their customers that the BZ4X won't be released till September.

Thanks for the update.

That pretty much confirms what the real issue is.

Toyota issued a notice to all owners to park their cars and not use them. Dealers arranged collection and provided free loaner cars.

I'm not sure where the other poster is getting their information.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

They have to come and collect the car and take it away to do this? 🤨

Apparently so, but Toyota do have very high Q.C standards anyway and this whole recall is really just a precaution thing. In reality, they probably could have actually released the cars and there probably wouldn't have been a single reported incidence of the wheel nuts actually loosening or any wheels actually falling off as all the test and demo cars released to the press and media never had any issues and lot of the auto reviewers who drove the BZ4X a lot of them drove the shite out of them for their youtube channel reviews - and none of them had any issues.

So you have your brand new Toyota outside in the drive and you get an urgent message telling you the wheels could fall off and not to drive it.

You can imagine the reaction if a mechanic rocked up next day and pulled a wheel brace out of his van tightened the wheel nuts saying "your fine now".

Yeah, something like that will probably happen, but I heard that the fix is actually going to be replacement bolts rather than just an extra hard tighten of the current bolts. If you happen to be one of the few lucky ones who has their BZ4X on their driveway at the moment, then I wouldn't have any issues with doing some easy/gentle local drives with it - popping down to the shops etc is probably totally fine... but your car insurance could be void if you happened to have any kind of traffic tip or accident as an insurance company would only love not to pay out on a vehicle that you were made aware of not to drive.

Maybe here with a "sure it'll be grand" thrown in for good measure but definitely not in a litigious country like the US.

It would totally kill me to have brand new car on my driveway and not be allowed to drive it. It would be like getting a new train set for Christmas and then be told you can't play with it till maybe the springtime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Advertisement