Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot Spell - Saturday 16th July onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Makes sense because Dublin airport tends to be more exposed to coastal breezes than Phoenix park and casement. Would be great to see Dublin airport hit 30 today. Phoenix park and casement the ones to watch for this afternoon I would say

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭pauldry

Dublin Airport record is 28.5c or something like that.

Nearly all their warmest days on record have happened this July. Ask Sryan if ya don't believe me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The rise in temperatures is definitely slowing down and those clouds or showers is not helping things. Will be knife edge stuff getting to 33C.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

That cloud in the south east is really exploding on the satellite loop, could be some pretty decent showers for a period this afternoon.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Where can you get a list of maxima for each met service weather station? My google powers are letting me down this morning..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

great drying out there

33 in the garden, feels it too

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Little snowy old me

We needed to be seeing a 30° somewhere at 12pm.... cloud is building and my latest update from west Dublin is that cloud is building to the south and breeze has picked up.... even to get over 30 would be interesting.

The 1887 record goes unchallenged yet again.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭pad199207

Phoenix Park almost at the 30 rounded

Dunsany 29c ya must be nearly record too Gonzo.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I know 30C has been reached in Meath only twice in the past 100 years but Dunsany I think is only 29C as an all time record.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭pad199207

Cloud looks brief as it looks very clear behind it

The breeze is picking up here now, wasn't a puff of wind up to 20 minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭Mech1

29.8 here steady for past 20 min.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Could be a positive, I note that at casement, at 10:30am there was a variable wind at 3 knots with a temp of 26°c, at 11am that had switched to a southerly wind at 10 knots, and the temp jumped to 29°c.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

😝

No 27C day there since 1990 then here comes July 2022 with 3 on the dot (11th, 17th, 18th). Much like buses and beasterlies.

So what is causing this one day heatwave? Just wind direction and a very hot europe?

To be honest i'd prefer if it never got this hot and bodes bad for europe over all

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Apothic_Red

Oak Park dropped 3C from 27 @ 11am to 24 @ 12pm

Wife tells me they had rain

• Registered Users Posts: 27,911 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The predictions on here were that the national record was unlikely to be broken, but that some county/station records could be in trouble. This was clear to anyone following the thread.

Well, Dublin Airport set a new record, so the posters on here have been accurate. You must agree on well done to them.

Casement was 28.6c at 11am, 28.5 at 12.

does midday typically get the highest temps here or does it build

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Hottest temperatures are generally recorded by later in the day than by 12pm. During last heatwave, the peak fell around 5 or 6pm. Anything could happen over the coming hours

• Registered Users Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Currently 26 degrees on my station in Galway blue sky and flat calm

big dark bank of cloud now to my south over Dublin and it's expanding. This is definitely limiting the great strides we had earlier on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

It hit 30 on my garden (shade) thermostat a while ago. Dublin 16. But the wind has just picked up and blowing a lovely gust thru my home office which is at 29.2.

I was in Las Vegas on this day in 2009 when the temperature hit 45 degrees, thought I was melting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

23.8C is currently here in Waterford City.

https://www.waterfordcityweather.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Some high cloud around south Laois now, the breeze is back and temperatures are back down to around 26c after getting slightly over 27c earlier. Averaging 10mph to 12mph. Hard to see 30c here this afternoon if the breeze keeps up. In addition, there is significant high cloud making a beeline for the south coast following that arc over SE and E Ireland.

I don't think we're going to do it, this is getting too messy now with clouds, breezes and showers. We needed the skies to stay totally clear over all of Leinster for the record to be reached or broken.

clock midday isn’t solar midday in summer. That’s about 1:26pm in Dublin. In any case as long as the sun is shining energy is being added to the system. Hours of heating left.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

My god, casement reporting 31°c at 12:30pm. Now that's one for the books.

• Advertisement

Yup "only" 30 or 31c now likely. Still though maybe Shannon's tar?

Advertisement