Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenagers with no value for life and no care for repercussions - **Read OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

I remember years ago two NEDS non educated delinquents absolute head the balls in secondary school with me ended up in St Pats during the 80's robbing house's and assaulting people at 16.

They said it was a holiday camp, playing pool and watching videos was their description. Both from respectable middle class families too, their parents heart's were broken.

Both absconded at 18 I remember them turning up at Shannon Airport with 2 liters of cider the morning after our graduation. It was a tradition to head to the airport after the disco as there was a 24 hour bar there. The airport bar I remember it well. They were both skinheads then. Like something out of romper stomper. A few weeks later they went to London as was the place to run to when there was an arrest warrant out for one the other decided to join him.

Last I heard one ended up doing a long stretch at her majesty's pleasure the other found God and walked away from his life of crime. Rumor has it it was manslaughter.

There was another girl who was always in trouble from the other side of Town, she ended up locked up too. Supposedly she was doing well found God, then found a lovely man who introduced her to a chemical God heroin...she was found dead around ten years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

A lot on here think cutting social welfare will stop it or help. Yes these People take social welfare payments, but it would be nieve to think they depend on them to survive. They don't. They take the payments because they're easy to get. I know of People on welfare that drive 80k cars. They're not drug dealers either. They trade in cars, ice cream, clothes etc. The system is too easy to exploit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

They have the same as everyone else who isn't loaded. There's no free help for me, I've to pay for everything. Why should I feel sorry for someone else who wouldn't feel sorry for me?

This softness is what has led us where we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I’m glad to see they are getting some attention and help which might make the difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,862 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

A lot of the time these thugs think they are invincible within their group of peers, terrorizing anybody who looks at them sideways.

Collective bravery of cowards.

I have seen it first hand for 20 years on the dart.

First day of summer holidays is always a good one. Guaranteed to be a Garda called that day.

But some of the time there are serious unexpected consequences to their actions, but they are too stupid to realise it.

Working minimum wage delivering food and then having to physically stave off a good beating from these thugs would have been a big ask for anybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Prime time program to highlight just how bad anti-social problems have become

https://www.rte.ie/news/investigations-unit/2022/0714/1310268-crossing-the-line-how-safe-is-public-transport/

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,677 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Broad daylight, grand canal dock, zero f**ks given. They run around, do what they like and we all pay to keep a roof over their heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭batman_oh

That's all because we don't give them enough FACIILITEEEZ

• Registered Users Posts: 25,329 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

What did I do for entertainment, engagement as a kid ? Ohhhh yeh…

played football - with a team and with friends on the green.

played tennis - competitively with club and with friends.

swam - for leisure / fitness and competitively.

music - member of a youth orchestra, practise daily, tutored Monday, with band every Saturday.

they can afford the leisurewear evidently so it’s not like any of the above will cost an arm and a leg, it doesn’t…

• Advertisement

The "parent's" scratcher money should be reduced for every 3 incidents involving their angels.

We might be surprised what great parents they suddenly become when there is actual consequences for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

Have to admit, I rarely leave the house without something on me.

Im aware a poster sent on stats confirming the homicide rate has reduced (I think, apologies if I read that wrong or mis remembering) but since lockdown and things opening up I've felt immensely unsafe walking around the city centre and certain areas. There's a massive intimidation from these youths whereby there will be gangs of them all looking for trouble and have frequently been called something or provoked when walking by them which is not only threatening but embarrassing. Obviously we all just pretend to ignore them and hope they leave us alone but I, like many in this thread, have been dealing with this all my life.

There's also the other element that in the event it does get violent, if you hit them back the optics looks worse for you (man hitting a teenager) which the judge (won't name him but one judge is notorious for doling out light sentences) and youths solicitor will exploit. In my eyes the gardai and system won't look after you so in the event you can't run away, you have to look after yourself.

A lot won't agree with me on this but I don't really care, no one else is going to look after me but me

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭tooka

I think people need to be taking self defence classes , people have to be prepared to protect themselves.

I never look for fights and avoid any potential aggro but if I need to I will do what it takes to protect myself and my family.

I remember a couple of years ago I was out for a drive and I was tipping away on a Sunday and the car behind me was getting very aggressive and when it over took me it stopped at a roundabout and the driver got out and cane back to me, I had my family with me and I knew this man wanted to cause trouble.

I got out and went to my boot and I have an estate and I let my dog out and she went at that man and I had by chance a Hurley with me and I ran at him

he did a runner and jumped in his car and drove off.

you have to stand up for yourself,

• Registered Users Posts: 29,319 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

hahahaha, people are fcuking mental, no, this will simply not work! human behavior does not work this way, particularly in relation to dysfunctional human behaviors....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,825 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

I dont believe this story one bit.

So in the time you were stopped at a roundabout you had to time to know the guy in the car was going to cause to trouble so you pre-emptively got out of your car got a weapon and set your dog on him.

Or did the guy approach your car then stand idly by while you proceeded to get out go to boot get your dog and a weapon out?

Pure make believe stuff. Did you have to time to rip a strip from your wife's clothing and use it as a headband ala rambo?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭tooka

• Registered Users Posts: 14,806 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

'Don't have to go out and steal'

lol

Ham_Sandwich excusing criminal behaviour as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Ham_Sandwich

I suppose you want them out digging ditches or breaking rocks like they have in america, or maybe just shoot them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭Be right back

No, ham sandwich wants them to 'steel' instead! Maybe as a steel fabricator?!

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

With respect, you're being a bit disingenuous regarding the karate comment, I dunno what the solution is to stop these youths acting feral and intimidating people but all I know is the gardai and system isn't going to give a **** about me getting battered so I'm going to take care of myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ireland has pretty good self defence laws now. You're allowed to defend yourself, it just has to be an "appropriate" amount of force involved. Appropriate meaning don't keep hitting them, you defend to stop it, not to win. Which doesn't usually work. And the courts love of hind-sight doesn't help. Just stay inside, it's safer. Like me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

The scrote get out of jail free card works again

Push an innocent civilian under a train causing them a brain injury, nothing to see here.

Fùcking unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

If the boy was as innocent as they say he is, he would have came forward, some kids are such little shitz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Martin Nolan again. Surprise **** surprise. This country will be far better for it when he retires or is removed from the judiciary.

An absolute moron of a judge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,363 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

And we wonder why people rack up 100s of convictions.

Country is fucked.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Martin Nolan. Again. And again. And again.

Mr O'Higgins said the boy comes from a respectable family, who were in court to support him. Although they are not particularly well-off, he said the boy's parents had €2,000 in court as a token of their remorse.

The court heard this €2,000 will be repaid by the boy to his parents, who wished it to be seen not as compensation for the girl, but as a penalty he must pay for his actions on that day.

Mr O'Higgins said the boy, who has no previous convictions, got "the fright of his life".

"This has been a huge eye-opener for him," he said

The Judge sure showed this scrote

What can be said about that? Great indictment of our 'Justice system'.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

What a joke. Little tw@t should of paid for what he had done... now, him and his grey trackie wearing, scruffy, smelly oiks will think it means nowt and carry on regardless... FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭batman_oh

No previous convictions - sad that they see that as something to focus on. Sure if he had 300 the same sentence would have been given out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Fred Cryton

The judges should be banned from taking previous behaviour or family background into account. Totally irrelevant. Just punish the actual crime they commit.

Advertisement