Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2022 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Remember that the radar in places on the far reaches of the radar range, e.g., Donegal, is actually showing precipitation at upper levels and not right at the ground. A lot of that rain was virga and therefore not reaching the ground, so it looked worse than it was. Actual totals reported were very small.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Very hazy this morning. Hopefully it burns off quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭obi604

carnage in Galway 🙄🙄

Post edited by obi604 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Met Eireann not very confident of good weather last Tuesday and next weekend already looking unsettled. Very hazy today so far but lovely and warm no complaints other than than the absolutely over the top catastrophising the media have went on with the weekend weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Little snowy old me

It is shocking the hype around this. Its 2 days of high temperatures. And if this cloudiness persists, I wouldn't be surprised if 30°C isn't reached. But of course no one will ask any questions about the accuracy of the forecasts and quickly move onto the next impending weather catastrophe.. a gale in Septmeber.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭United road

Stunning south county dublin

hazy sunshine and noticeable the heat in the air!

paddling pool in operation since 9.30, thats a first, normally it would need until midday/lunchtime before the kids jumped in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Very hazy and even a bit cloudy. Still nice but not quiet the blazing sunshine the media were going on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

Don’t be relying on the media for your forecast. They overhype everything weather related to generate more clicks/sell more papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Seems to be a bit of convection happening north cork and moving towards waterford. Hazy here with some bouts of sunshine and more humid today. Bit of a breeze picking up which is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭appledrop

27 degrees at Dublin airport at 7pm, unreal and the mad part is that it's not even that sunny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭OldRio

Very misty this morning 16C.

Leitrim

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

23c at Phoenix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

Glorious morning in SCD. No clouds in the sky (yet) 23C

22 in waterford city now

That mist burnt back in about 10 mins. Blue skies and Sun. 23C.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭obi604

Is there a certain time of day that the max temps are normally achieved?

I guess it’s sometime around midday?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Post edited by DOCARCH on

• Registered Users Posts: 18,131 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Cloudy in cork city but crazy humid, definitely 26-28 I'd say. Hook it to my veins, love an extended spell of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,886 ✭✭✭sporina

where are the blue skies? grey and humid with intervals of Sunshine here in Cork.. feck all blue..

not a fan of this weather - pardon the pun..

much prefer out autumn sun (when we get it)..

I hope we have another Sept like 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ozvaldo

dark grey warm pish cork city

• Advertisement

Really humid in Waterford, everything I'm wearing is wet and sticky. I hope the temp goes down enough to sleep tonight, I'm bolloxed.

Lovely morning here in Leitrim much better than yesterday. Blue skies and sun. 15c

• Registered Users Posts: 9,400 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

That was a warm night. Nice cool breeze this morning. Looks like a nice day too. Galway.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Novel patterns in the thin very high cloud over southern Laois. Currently 18c.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭United road

UK record looks set to tumble today

28.9 already at Heathrow at 8.40am!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

was taken aback whilst watching the news yesterday to hear that on average 115 drownings occur in Ireland every year 😮

i always thought it was just a few dozen or so, alot must go unreported

• Registered Users Posts: 6,886 ✭✭✭sporina

lashing here in Cork City all am.. i didn't see that forecasted in my 3 weather apps?

Thunder this morning and rain. Not forecast for this area but we had a few rumbles and heavy rain.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

An update from Met Eireann in regards to yesterdays record breaking temperatures across the country. Not sure if this has already been posted.

https://www.met.ie/temperature-records-broken-as-met-eireann-establish-new-climate-services-division

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭appledrop

It is still absolutely sweltering in NCD.

Cloudy all morning so I thought it wouldn't be that warm but it is. Humidity levels must be higher than yesterday.

We had heavy shower a while ago and sun is now out.

Advertisement