Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXV-956,720 ROI (5,952 deaths) 452,946 NI (3,002 deaths) (08/01) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

And vice versa if you don't like fun lovin criminals links maybe , how hard is that !!!

I've never commented on your twitter links before by the way and probably wouldn't have

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

So the twitter link I provided, in your opinion is misinformation but you provide another Twitter link to what you believe is not misinformation.

Yet I never mentioned anything about reinfections or severity of reinfections. Just that this virus suppresses the immune system which it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

The twitter type link you provided is a favourite for the lockdown merchants and the zero covid idiots. That’s being going around for a while now. There’s another one where they are claiming covid is now airborne HIV lol. There’s a lot of BS out there.

“”Yet i never mentioned anything about reinfections “”

Lol that’s what your tweet was about. Lambert claiming repeat infections weakening the immune system when all the new recent sudies suggest otherwise. T cellls are holding up.

Today is the first Sunday in a while that there is no increase in hospitals. Things are improving.

I have no problem reading his Twitter links or anyone elses. I also wouldn’t have the cheek or arrogance to ask him to stop posting them or to post them in another thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭EOQRTL

Covid is like sooooooo 2020. It's all about the next deadly plague now, Marburg 👹

Keep em living in fear to control them.

Only a very tiny increase in hospital numbers over the weekend and hopefully a few days were we might see reductions.

Probably time to cut back on the insane number of news articles we see every single day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,671 ✭✭✭Allinall

Can’t see any mention of Covid on either RTE or the independent today.

You’re imagining things.

Possibly the heat.

They're not the only 2 sources of news in the country...

But even if they were, the independent so indeed have an article trying to pressure parents in rural Ireland Into vaccinating their kids.

Insane number of news articles every single day?

One article in Ireland's two main news outlets that is hard to find.

Methinks the poster exagerates a bit.

• Advertisement

So you admit that you can see the article today then even if we only choose those 2 outlets... And it's only the afternoon...

Yes.

Can't see anything on The Journal or The Irish Times.

Maybe I should try Covid Weekly or The Daily Pandemic. That could be where the insane number of news articles every single day are.

This conversation is a waste of time. You said you couldn't see any article today.

I showed you the article. You're wrong.

Enjoy your day.

Where are the insane number of articles that you claimed were appearing every single day?

You can google rte COVID and you'll see the articles from 2 days ago, 3, 4, 5 etc.

You can do the same for other sites if you wish.

I prefer not to tbh.

I've long moved on from Covid paranoia.

Very decent drop in hospital numbers. 815 this morning. Looks like another wave about to fizzle out without any need to do anything.

Let's hope we dont get silly ideas later this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

It's only here, in social media, and in the mainstream media they even hint at such silly ideas. Our move to end measures in February amidst the massive numbers of daily reported infections and hospital cases shows just how we intend to deal with it. It will really need something apocalyptic for us to go back to those dark days again. It is over unless you are a health body required to comment on it. That said, we will reactivate the masks legislation but I doubt it will ever be used. We can also expect a drive to persuade people to get a COVID winter shot.

Ah yes, just in time for RTE’s headline warning from the WHO about our bad autumn /winter on the way.

I somewhat agree.

But the media are pumping out article after article on a daily basis and as Micky mentioned now we have the WHO warning about winter.

We've introduced legislation to make masks mandatory and Leo pretty much hinted that it will be used this winter.

I won't be surprised if we see a mask mandate return at the least. And if it does, will it be an annual thing? Will we consider other Draconian measures?

I guess all we can do is wait and see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭dalyboy

Theres a huge logic contradiction going on with this winter mask mention of Leo’s . Why would a virus (that is accepted comes in waves) be any more severe in winter than it would in summer ? Why would winter trigger a mask mandate and not summer or spring or autumn?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 PJ2022

Quicker spread due to being indoors more often, weaker immune systems from lower vitamin d levels, flu r value going back above 1 adding pressure to the system and increasing likelihood of co infections. There's lots of reasons respiratory viruses are more problematic in winter.

Logic is something that sadly gets lost a lot of the time when it comes to COVID.

I can almost guarantee people will be calling for mandatory masks and possibly more.

The key question is will our government pander to these people.

The WHO sticking their heels in. Masks and social distancing interventions to reduce social mixing.

Is it time just to **** give up. It’s never going stop is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭dalyboy

I wonder do the WHO disregard headlines regarding children’s development and IQ deficiency during the mask mandates.

What about the hard of hearing and the damage masks are doing for their ability to communicate. Do these sectors of society not matter ? There is 100% defined damage being inflicted to society’s throughout the world on this and the studies are backed up by actual scientific facts (unlike the effectiveness of masks)

I’d love to know do they care about the knock on effect of these mandates. Or do they give a hoot.

Since COVID, the HSE have gotten absolutely terrible at new baby developmental checks to the point were they don't seem to be happening anymore...

How many issues are getting missed every single day due to this?

You'd think they'd be more concerned by these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

No offence now Micky, but why do you keep doing this to yourself? You, and a few others on here, constantly getting worked up over these kind of articles. It can't be healthy obsessing over Covid every day.

Let's break it down here. We have (yet) another article from a medic who is advocating restrictions of some sort. These people are a dime a dozen, and will always be advocating restrictions in the future, just as they probably would have liked for restrictions in the past to deal with flu seasons. It's why we don't have these sort of people at the levers of power. Politicians, for all their flaws, will make more pragmatic, considered decisions, where the health system isn't the sole remit. Especially now, with the cost of living crisis.

Secondly, this is a really shoddy piece of journalism. The headline, as always, is deliberately misleading. Maybe I missed it, but I don't think Dr. Kluge referred anywhere to Ireland specifically in his comments, it was more a general assessment of Europe. But that didn't stop the author making his own inferences. I also see no specific mention of social distancing in his comments. More conjecture and speculation masquerading as journalism it seems.

We have seen dozens of articles like this one posted here and elsewhere over the last 2 months as we approached the peak of this current wave. People got all hot and bothered, but ultimately, guess what, nothing was done, we are restriction free and the wave is subsiding again. Just as it did earlier this year when cases, hospitalisations, ICU admissions were all much worse than now. If we didn't implement restrictions then, why would we now, or ever? That's the solace you should be confiding in, not reading bullshit articles such as the one linked.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭DLink

You seem to be missing the point....

The fact that people in positions of authority or influence, who are being given air time & column inches by the mass media to talk about masks & restrictions, is of great concern to those of us who absolutely despised the pointless, knee jerk restrictions that were placed on us at the start of the pandemic, and I for one do not want to see these damned restrictions, in any shape or form, imposed on us again.

If all the twitchers are rattling the can, looking for restrictions to be forced down our throats again, what's the harm in people on the other side of the fence rattling their cans and complaining about the thought of the pointless restrictions being brought back in?

The twitchers are getting all the air time, the anti-twitchers are not.

If there's no opposing voice then some bright spark in the government can form the opinion that we plebs are pliable, compliant and will take whatever restrictions they decide to impose and say "thank you sir" without even a whimper.

Let the Vulnerables look after themselves if they want, they can live in the bedroom for all I care, but as a "covid survivor" I can't see what all the fuss was about, a cough and a few days of fever, then back to normal.... The thoughts of having to wear masks or restrict my movements in order to avoid being sick for a few days absolutely grinds my fücking gears.

All the money that was wasted supporting restrictions could have instead been used to drag the HSE kicking and screaming into the modern age, but no, instead we have a massive hole in the public finances that needs to paid for, but with nothing to show for that massive expenditure, just the HSE that keeps complaining, the same as they did before covid, forcing us to protect their inadequacies and letting "because covid" be an excuse for everything they do, or more importantly, don't do.

Post edited by DLink on

The mental damage that’s been caused by this pandemic is getting worrying . Anyone thinking of taking up psychiatry should do so. You could make a killing in the coming years from the increasingly fucked up people out there.

i came across a lovely photo of people strolling on Grafton st in the lovely weather on social media. It was great to see it. You should see the few thousand comments. “ Oh god no, too many people, it’s not safe blah blah” “ Oh i think i can only see two, oh wait it’s only one person wearing a mask” “ all that covid and not a mask in sight!!” “Covid cases will now increase by end of week”” “” oh no covid here we go again”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭celt262

Can you link that please i want to see some of these few thousand comments looking for masks.

Advertisement