Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot Spell - Saturday 16th July onwards

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

More cloud now in Greystones so no doubt that will end up Dublin way in a bit. Casement 31c at 1500 (down from 32c).

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Apothic_Red

Casement dropped back to 31C at 3pm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

32.1 just now, so still climbing albeit slowly.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Phoenix Park 33C official!

In meath we've bottled it with all the cloud. Dunsany back to 28C with so much cloud around, but we certainly reached 31C here at Dunshaughlin earlier.

Can we get a 34C at the Park? that sun needs to keep shining.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

pesky cloud coming and going on the north Dublin coast. Wish it would sod off because its so nice and warm when the sun comes through.

• Advertisement

phoenix park reporting 33 degrees at 3pm on met eireann, wowsers! I wonder is that the 32.5 or has it gone up again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Rumbles of thunder here, west mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

At last (near Roscrea)

😁

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Apothic_Red

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

Cloud cover again here, so I better get this picture up for the forum history.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Oh come on. 0.5 more please!

Winds more SE here in south Laois which brings a longer land fetch, just hitting 30c.

Dewpoint just on 20c.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

If that is verified at 32.9c that will be the second highest temp recorded in Ireland. Until today, second highest temp recorded in Ireland was 32.5c at Boora Bog in 1976.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭Dazler97

We have a 33.3c in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Just for fun, imagine Churchtown was an official station. Maxed out at 33.3C

(Date is wrong for some reason)

LOLs!

That's two stations figures overlapping to give the impression!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭esposito

Come on Let’s beat the all time record. Exciting schtuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,979 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

It'll surely go at 4pm, even by a couple of tenths.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,747 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Looks like a bad couple of days for Kilkenny:)

On course to lose the highest temperature record, but at least we keep the most All Irelands in hurling for a while.

The Phoenix Park was always on course to break it with the southerly breeze and the mountains to help, combined with being within a large urban area.

Congrats if they do it.

• Advertisement

Come on the phoenix park !!!!!! 0.5 degrees more needed

• Registered Users Posts: 13,570 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

No, it's real. And actually peaked at 33.3C as I posted above :D

EDIT: I see what you meant now though!

Cloud heading for Dublin will not help potential record breaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

Nice slope on that chart!

Peaked at 33.0C in Roscommon at 2.30.

I've a feeling that's the highest it will go here today, even though last August the peaks were around 6pm.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

There is no doubt in my mind now if there was no clouds anywhere in Leinster and clear gin blue skies all day long a 34C would have been reached, possibly even a 35C. With so much haze and cloud around all afternoon we have done amazing to see 33C at the Park listed on the Met Eireann website.

It's completely overcast now at Dunshaughlin with no blue anywhere in the sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭WJL

And the camogie went well!

Go on Phoenix from the flames!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The WOW page is most annoying....in other news I'm at 30.8’C

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭SophieLockhart

We would need to know what nearby stations, if there were any, recorded back in 1887 to validate that 'record'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭adam240610

Getting closer ..

Advertisement