Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westworld (HBO/Sky Atlantic) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,424 ✭✭✭corkie

They haven't posted the breakdown for prior episode yet.

Just watching the second episode now.

It seems to be just a rehash of concept and themes from earlier seasons.

Post edited by corkie on

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

so confused with the swap of aims from nearly every character...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

4.2: I like this! I mean.. I don't know what's going on.. big picture .. but I'm pretty sure I'm guessing a lot of the small pictures.

The man in black opening each episode as dark as this might be something to bring back some audience.. or not.. who knows.

I am guessing Dolores being in her current state may be a sign that she's way powerful. Mad how.. Hale? is she still Hale? HostHale? is masterminding something. Something like making everyone drones.

Still though.. as big as whatever they do is gonna get .. maybe the show is still gonna get to a Maeve Delores showdown. Like maybe.. or not.. again.. who knows

Feels good that the show keeps me guessing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

The DEA agent from Con Air is all that stood out from that episode. Everything else was just boring

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭sioda

They are gonna regret keeping William on ice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So Cyclops beat up Pyro last week.

Could New Dolores's current world be virtual which is how she's picking up these stories?

So the flies are some kind of mind control thing that makes the victim go crazy?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

I don't feel I'm enjoying this at all, it feels like its confusion for the sake of confusion. Too many different stories and, characters that could be host or real or possibly stuck in a computer generated world.

Also the William on ice moment....why. Its just feels like bad story writing when they kill other real folk but keep certain characters on ice for....to wake up and get revenge of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,544 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Bit of action in last nights episode but TBH I don't get half of whats going on in it.

4.3: Uh oh!

It did occur to me that the second layer could easily not be real too since the first wasn't.. but the trap was good enough either way.

Seems to me that there's more than one Man in Black Bot.

Not sure how things are gonna pan out with Maeve but looks like Bernard got some heavy lifting to do.

Solid Mystery Episode all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭DenMan

Thank God Bernard is back, him and Maeve are the best things on this show. Charlotte and William are boring me big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭sioda

Yup I liked that it's building nicely WW is always a slow burn so not too worried.

Are we going to find out how Stubbs survived?

Flied Kaleb will be I interesting where they take it from here for him.

Again loved the player piano music.

Agree with Corkie above, just seems to be rehashing bits from past seasons. There's no, can't wait for the next episode, feeling about this season.

Also...

It looks like there might be at least 2 timelines.

The one with Caleb (and his young daughter) and Maeve, and the one with Stubbs, Bernard and Caleb's older daughter.

Also It looks like Caleb was in fact a human, and with the flies added now I wonder will Maeve be able to take control of them and make him super-human.

Again, I don't think I'm really enjoying this but I'm still just hanging on in there in the hope of a return to Season 1'ness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭Homelander

Yeah I have to say I'm finding this season flat out bad, it's confusing and not in a suspenseful or compelling way, and none of it feels very convincing.

There's a few good individual moments here and there, but overall this is light years away from the quality of the first season. I had hoped for at least an improvement on S3 but so far it's just more of the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

so going from the last few episodes, is it worth watching Season 4 or better off waiting for it all to air and binge watch?

8 Episode season, at this stage probably better off binging when all have aired. Also should know by comments if it is even worth watching at all.

I think this is a show that works as weekly due to the amount of thinking they expect from viewers. Or may just feel more of a slog to get through multiple episodes at a time.

As for this episode, so we're down to 2 timelines now? 1 being Bernard/Charlotte/Caleb and the other being Christina, though I still think that's some kind of virtual world or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Yeah going from comments from last few episodes seems kind of hit and miss. I might just end up watching the first 4 episodes this week, most of my shows on break anyway so needed something new to watch

I thought that was a terrible episode and the twist didn't feel like it landed properly, even the lead up fell flat.

The one last decent character (Caleb) has been a goner now 20 odd years and who I thought the show was trying to portray as possibly someone who could save humanity but alas no.

So who's left that's neither a robot or dead or a dead robot?

Caleb's daughter is my guess, a character we know practically nothing about and have very little attachment to (eg if she was killed off in the next episode it wouldn't matter to the audience)

I'll give it one more episode before I call it a day, but I honestly can't see where it can go from here to redeem itself.

Also, was Aaron Paul auditioning for Christopher Nolan's Batman in this episode? 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

All the people walking around aren't dead or a robot. They are under Charlotte's control though. Stopping her and freeing mankind is what Bernard and Caleb's daughter are trying to do. I assume robot Caleb will have a part to play in it as well

4.4: Outstanding! That was great! Best episode of the season so far!

I just knew there was something up from the get-go with the first scene being a tactical op and Maeve loaded out 5.11 Hexgrid Plate Carrier!

Whew! Thandiwe Newton! What a performance! What a way to go! I really felt in that moment. Aaron Paul backed it up just right too.

Loved the way the show nodded to the Delores/Christina storyline just in passing as Caleb ran out the front of the Olympiad building.

Definitely doubling down on Bernard going to need to do some heavy lifting. Done so well how he's confident but not 100% sure.

Really liked how they brought the two timelines together.

heh 🙂

I put the credits on again because I wanted to listen to that piano music again and couldn't find it anywhere else.

At the closing HBO logo... they did something... the rejigged it to sound a little like the ominous music.. maybe.. I think

I went back and checked 3 2 and 1 and it was the regular logo there.

Made the (what.. 2 second? 🙂) HBO logo sound a little like this:

Freeze All Motor Functions · Ramin Djawadi

and that's fine.. just fine 🙂

Oh! Actually.. now that I think of the name of the song and

all the people freezing in the closing scene! ha! gas! 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

The whipping boy , mansel-in-distress character Arron Paul plays was boring last season , now its just tedious. Sick of him!

The show-runners clearly feel they have to write every season like the first. The formula worked like a charm for Season 1 but it failed the two seasons and it's failing again now. They were better off delivering a straightforward narrative instead of trying to recreate the magic of S1 because this season may be the worst yet. Its awful.

When the mystery isn't engaging or interesting , then the reveal falls flat when it comes. That's the case here. There isn't any reason to care about anybody.

The ratings are in the toilet too. I wouldn't be surprised if it wraps up with episode 8 because it ain't coming back for Season 5

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mormegil

No it's all in the same timeline now (probably).

Christina's roommate's dream of being attacked by flies as a child places them the same 23 years later that Host Caleb finds himself at the end (we also see that the Olympiad Publishing Building where Christina works is in fact Hales base of operations).

Ah couldn't remember that was where sure worked, especially when she did that painting which seemed like she had a vision.

The problem there is, and @BruteStock mentioned it too, we haven't been given any reason to care about any of the characters.

Bernard is a robot, and one that seemingly knows the future now. And Calebs daughter we know so little about, if she met an untimely death it'd fall flat too.

Bernard just seems like a cheat character now. Like no need to figure things out and just have him know everything. This can also be a good thing since could drag things out otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,544 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Thought that episode was excellent, last season wasn't great but this one is much better.

Advertisement