Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,397 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I know, very upsetting.

Plus the weather has now gone to crap. I've gone from 3.5kW to 1.2kW. Cloudy and raining.

Post edited by DrPhilG on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭deravarra

Well, delighted to be able to report on my first full day after the install was completed.

12 x 370w futura sun panels installed by the SAAS company.

I managed to get 26.7 KWh today. DHW was sorted, and because I was out for most of the day, wasn't able to make the best use of it - so 15.1 KWh into the grid. Roll on FIT!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Have they upped their standard offering, or did you buy extra panels?

Bought an extra 4 panels. Normal offering is 8 now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

I'm up and running with the SaaS company also. could only fit 8 panels, but that was as expected. Ive 4 250w on the North east facing roof which came with the house. 16 kwh today, we didn't use much so 12 went back to the grid m. pretty happy with that though wondering if the high temps are limiting the panels or inverter. the peak generation was higher yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭paulbok

Looking to be around 39kWh for today, between some cloud and the high temperatures not too bad. Managed to chuck almost 10kw into the Eddi today, lots of hot water used over the day. Delighted as still exported 11kW.

Scorching hot today, 27 degrees at one stage. But again the sodding "permacloud" lingered.

Only 27ish for the day.

24.2 generated today. 1.92 into the dhw, 8.3 consumed, and 15.9 sent back to Micheal and Leo - in the national interest.

Missus does not want the dhw temp to be as close to 60 as possible. She wants a more tepid 45 ... cant get the head around that.

Anyways, great looking up and seeing these yokes generating so much power that I will need for the EV when that eventually comes along!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

For the sake of your marriage, you need to get a mixing valve fitted. 😂

You can store more energy in the cylinder (even higher than 60°C), and she can have the the water in the taps at 45°C.

They are - apart from one bathroom - and she knows what the story is ... but still insists. I swear, I'd have a greater chance of persuading the pope to convert to buddhism!

• Advertisement

its not back to Micheal and Leo.. whats the problem with sending back to the grid if you are getting paid for it? Im alright Jack pull the ladder up

This would be installed at the hot outlet of the cylinder rather than at the taps. Tank can be at 75°C and nobody can scald themselves at the taps, regardless of whether tap is a mixer or not. Would require a plumber to install, but would allow you to store significantly more hot water in your cylinder.

Now that is very useful. Would it be an issue where I also have the dhw fed into a pump, sending said dhw to all taps?

No problem. As you can see from my post yesterday, I am waiting for it to happen. Until then, I am supplying a neighbour or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

Scorching day in the West here. 54 produced with cooking, washing and everything in between covered. Big chunk to grid but profit of €5 for day after all charges paid. Fit was well overdue and doesn't be long adding up with over 50 euro owed to me already for this month alone. Now just need the summer weather to continue on for another couple months 😃

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Works fine with pumps too, Id recommend one to anyone that has solar, will make the hot water "last" longer

Pinergy. On EV plan so day rate is very high at 36c but have large solar array and 20kwh battery. It also comes with 5C charging window at night for winter battery charging to avoid that day rate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Managing legionella in hot and cold water systems (hse.gov.uk)

Tell her it's cause you love her and want to keep her healthy :-)

Using temperature control

The primary method used to control the risk from Legionella is water temperature control.

Water services should be operated at temperatures that prevent Legionella growth:

• Hot water storage cylinders (calorifiers) should store water at 60°C or higher
    • Hot water should be distributed at 50°C or higher (thermostatic mixer valves need to be fitted as close as possible to outlets, where a scald risk is identified).
    • Cold water should be stored and distributed below 20°C.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭championc

I have to say that I am somewhat surprised that anti-scald / mixing valves weren't made a mandatory thing. There are a lot less sensible mandatory things in regs these days

• Advertisement

There is no greater pain than forgetting to turn off the manual battery charge the night before the hottest day in history...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

July is looking like to be the best month so far over the past 5 months, I am about 100 kWh ahead of June. The days though are not stellar but steady, for example yesterday here in Cork I hit 38.5kWh which is about 85% of my max production even though it was one of the hotest days.

My moving averages have increase though over the last 2-3 weeks in now I am around 30-32 kWh/day on average

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭fael

Are you pulling that data from Home Assistant? Wondering about the month to month sometimes myself and the energy dashboard is not that good I find. That top chart looks good.

It doesn't really look like HA, at least not the standard energy dashboard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

@Gerry I do use HA but those graphs are the good auld MS Excel....nothing beats excel for doing graphs the way you want them.

I do also use Grafana in HA which is good for a quick look and live data, but for more complex stuff I always revert back to excel.

Here are some power graphs I have an Grafana

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

A cracking 27.2 and still not finished. Just under 3KWh to the Eddi and 18.9 to the grid.

Amazing performance as far as I am concerned.

Final tally. Just goes to show the effect of excess heat.

7.44kWp system and I never got above 5kW all day.

On a cooler cloudier day in June I produced 50.3kWh and that was with a smaller inverter.

Today was the hottest day I can ever recall experiencing in this country. 30 degrees when I came out of work and it felt hotter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Bakka

Beautiful sunny day here in Galway. My panels were earning their crust today. Hit 51kwh my highest daily generation to date. Installed 12 days now. Pleased at what they produce. 9.1 ground mounted system.

49.5 here in Galway today but great is something else today. The fan auto off in home assistant never kicked off all day as fan was at full throttle trying to do its job!

• Advertisement

Hi all. I have a query re: monitoring Solar PV performance, etc - and looking for an alternative to what I have at the moment.

I have SaaS, and am using the myeneri app and website. I have 2 x 3k goodwe inverters, but not sure I can access these as the service provider is using them for monitoring the system.

What is possible?

Advertisement