Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bray Air Display 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭LJ3103

The red arrows overnighted the first year they displayed here, I live beside baldonnell and they put on a show for the the air corps on arrival on the Friday evening. They then performed both Saturday and Sunday and each time they took off and landed they gave the ground crew a performance, it was unreal to be so close to it. I reckon we got a better performance than those that went out to Bray.

The viggen normally pulls a couple of manouvers over baldonnell before landing and and after take offs.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Rock Solid

Yeah that's true, the French Fouga team stayed over afew years ago and the Swiss team. Some in Weston DC3 and Spanish F18s at Dublin Airport. Not a great lineup this year, seen most of them before. Oh the Dracken stayed at Baldonnel also the Norway Vampire and mig. Didn't go to last show in 2019 as wasn't a great lineup, 2017 and 2018 were best.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 tzn

Anyone is planning to stream 119.60? Or what do you think which would be the best stream to listen on LiveATC?

However mobile internet will probably be terrible in the area.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

RAF commented on an IAC Instagram. Post last night.

Look up IAC post about their aircraft winning a prize for static display at RIAT.

Looks like the Red and BBMF will overnight in Baldonnel on the Saturday night. They have a display in Scotland that day

(makes sense as they can prep the aircraft that morning of 24th )

Post edited by Tenger on

Time for reds display?

• Advertisement

Probably to close the show

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

Yes they're here for a few days this year and being hosted in Baldonnel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

The Royal Jordanian Falcons team positioned from Fairford to Baldonnel today.

Correct seen some activity today, Lancaster and Spitfire Hurricane due in Friday afternoon. Viggen Friday afternoon or early Saturday. Reds due Saturday evening around 7.15pm after a flypast over O Connell St. Birr Airshow on Bank Holiday Monday and some aircraft be at weston. Weather not looking great but may change.

Nice one. I'm on the flightpath into Baldonnel so hopefully will spot the BBMF on approach. The Reds as well on Saturday. Nice to get an estimate.

Will they show up on FR24? As they will be transiting down from a display in Irvine in Scotland that day.

Air Corps are hosting a "veterans day" on the 23rd with static and flying displays at Baldonnel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Met Eireann just showed the forecast and after all the fine weather we had it breaks with low pressure and heavy rain for the weekend hope it does not affect the displays.

Might be best going to Baldonnel and Park up. You will see Viggen, the reds, Lancaster and Air Corps plus the Jordanians. Baldonnel Business Park or Rathcoole Industrial estates adjacent to runway 28 - 10. Could be there awhile so bring something to eat and drink. 123.5 , 122.0

Never thought of that avoid the crowds and the car parks sit in the car see what happens thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Airshow down to start at 2 any ideas what time it will finish up? Train back to wex not until 19.30 so looking to book a table for food somewhere while we wait.

Its on the site, finish 5 or 6 i forget....or whatever time reds leave....

Usually finishes up around 5.30pm or after the reds.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Duffer2010

What's the best place for viewing in these areas Rock Solid. I had a look the other day, but couldn't find a decent spot.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭beachhead

There are no bookable tables except possibly near Dart station or at Sealife but doubt it as a bit late now.Just claim a stool and relax.You'll be well bored by 7.30pm with all the gaps between displays

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Royal Jordanian Falcons just did a short practice here at Bray about 2pm Wed 20th.

As for the line up. Has to be decent when you have the Red Arrows and BOB lined up but tbh for the first show since 2019 I was expecting a humdinger of a show and this one feels only slightly better than average.

Same line up as few years ago.

Looking at forecast. Their may be no show.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 chasing_ghosts

Any more info on the "Veteran's Day"? I'm considering taking a bus over on Saturday. Would be amazing to see some rotations etc.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

What do you think are the weather limits for the Red Arrows and The Battle of Britain display, seen them years ago in the UK , very fond memories, thinking of travelling up from Kerry with my young fella.

Reading back I saw that one year the Red Arrows did an adjusted display with less complicated maneuvers due to the weather.

Currently for Sunday on the East coast looks breezy ( maybe a bit windy further out to sea ) perhaps with showers or a possible longer spell of rain at times , a humid warm feeling day with possibly some low cloud /middle height cloud.

They do a low level display not as dynamic as the main high level one I think the Memorial flight would be the one most affected due age and safety concerns ,wind and low cloud are the main worry.

On the Swedish airforce website there's no mention of Bray. Weather not looking good. They can do a Flat Show which means no high level displays. Regarding Baldonnel best location is end of runway 28 there's a car storage company there and if you're lucky they may let you park up. Also Baldonnel business park area, or aerodrome business park area. Veteran's day is Saturday and Civilians won't get in unless you know someone.

Yeah, I was expecting more, and it's one day this year. You can see an Airbus and Atr at Dublin Airport any day. Also the SAR and Garda helicopter are regularly seen. As for parachute teams there great but boring to watch.

Same as myself.

Grey cloud is really surprisingly low. Like 2000ft i think. They do very little show wise. If they go up at all they disappear into that depressing bullsh1t that can't piss off for one bloody week a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Does seem like a fairly boring lineup, Viggen and Red Arrows excepted. Weather will limit them to a flat display too.

Definitely puts me off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Advertisement