Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot Spell - Saturday 16th July onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

(Record Broken) Looks like the record has gone already in England, Charlwood registering 39.1°C

• Registered Users Posts: 13,570 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Yes 81-10 avg is ~163.8 hours. It dropped to 157.6 hours with the 91-20 avg 😶 almost as cloudy as August which averages 155 hours.

EDIT: Slightly misremembered the figures.

Post edited by sryanbruen on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Ah sure that's 8 less hours we need in the next 12 days to hit the average so 😋

Is the 91-20 available publicly yet or just something you've had going in the background? I see MetE say 91-20 is in the process of 'being quality assured and collated'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Spitting rain in south Laois though the radar suggests it's heavier. Got to around 21c earlier, back to 19c now.

The UK isn't getting spoiled with high cloud like we were yesterday, they really get the luck of the draw there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Can definitely feel a slight drop in the temperature now. cooler air beginning to filter through here. I'm going to really miss the high temperatures, however this weekend is still looking fairly warm. I'll be in the Netherlands next week so maybe I might get some warmth there too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,769 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Only the residents of phoenix park should comment...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

The Irish sea is picking up with strikes now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭pauldry

About 40 hours so far in Sligo this month so way below normal. Even yesterday was only 5 or 6 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Little snowy old me

Well that's me done on here for another few months unless we get another decent shot at hot weather this summer. Delighted that many folk got to experience a once in a lifetime heat event yesterday. Still sickened that it didn't break the 33.3 barrier.

Overall it has been a poor enough summer here in the SW of Donegal. Not terrible like previous years but days and days of cool breezy weather with what seems like a non stop westerly to north westerly wind in from the cold Atlantic.

Hopefully August ( a month I hate ) might bring more prolonged warmer spells.

Anyway enjoy the summer everyone and hopefully we will all be back looking for snow in a few months.

Over and out,

Everyone's favourite user... 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭sporina

lovely day now after a wet morning here in Cork City.... sun shining - a nice heat 19°C... nice breeze too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

still clinging on ........ 26.8c and cloudy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

I reckon at this stage we can remove the word "Potential" from the thread title?! 😆

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Distant thunder in Greystones to the south.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭loughside

Hanging on at 25C here in co.down, big change coming from the west tho`see strikes out fermanagh way. Just missed out on the record here in N.I. by 0.2 yesterday.

Has scotland passed their record yet?

Seems like N.Ireland is the only part of the U.K. to have come up short!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Yeah, we have a thunder shower in Wicklow at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Sun has returned in south Laois and temperatures are rising. 21c here. Kilkenny cleared the cloud earlier than here and are heading for 24c in the City.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I don't think Scotland has broken it yet, their record is around 32.5 or something like that.

Met Eireann are showing 25C for here again on Sunday and 23C for Saturday. This would make it the 3rd warm to very warm weekend in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

It's not a once in a lifetime event, and that's the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,570 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Yeah, I calculated sunshine averages myself because I have a little group where we fight over beating each other. Here they are plus some older averages (I know we're going off topic here).

Officially now 40.2C at Heathrow, first UK 40C on record.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,364 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

lets be honest i was still wearing winter baselayers on the bike in june in sw donegal. lets hope this warmed the ground up a bit raining here now 19 degrees

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Rumbles in the distance and a bit of rain now in D24

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Claps of thunder now over Dublin 5, still very warm

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭adam240610

UK has broken 40C now, with a new max of 40.1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Lads, a lot of UK stations have humidity of less than 20%. My station in Cork yesterday was still at around 60% at the time of the highest temps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Thunder and a flash of lightning in Dublin 5. Haven't seen lightning since June 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Very cool flash of lighting here and loud claps of thunder over D5. Garden badly needs rain after very dry month so not complaining

Thunder here at Dunshaughlin and still 25C.

Huge thunderclap over Dublin 13 a few minutes ago. A few lightning strikes as well. lit up the already bright day.

alot of rumbles now, can't really see the lightning it's too bright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,583 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Already a Higher max in Waterford city today than we got yesterday!

Advertisement