Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

Africa means a lot to them, especially when she complained that no-one asked her if she was OK when they were in a particularly poor part of the country. It's always about her.

His soul mate indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭backwards_man

[Quoted for the image of Harry, cant figure out how to do that.]

He looks zonked out, would not be surprised if he is doped up on anti depressants. He has no presence, its like he is a shell of a person, who gets up to perform then sits back down and zones out. He also looks unkempt, in need of some grooming. Whatever is going on behind closed doors, she is not helping him present a polished professional face to the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Harry was used to having his clothes whisked away, washed/dry cleaned and pressed to perfection, his shoes polished, stylists, big budget, top barbers etc. Now that he has to fend for himself he looked like a jaded, middle-aged man wondering where it all went wrong. While neither Harry nor William have aged particularly well William still looks polished and has a spring in his step. Harry is slumped in a crinkled suit looking forlorn.

Kudos for finding a photo where they're not desperately clutching one another's hand though @Be right back. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I agree Harry looked absolutely lost and lonely yesterday but I always think William has a smile painted on his face. It never looks quite natural.

In the same way, MM smiles through gritted teeth. Look at yesterday's pictures for example. She looks like a parent smiling while also being a ventriloquist telling off her child. It never looks a genuine smile.

At least with Harry, he has no poker face.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

I'd imagine they all put on a game face and would have intensive PR training.

Remember when the queen visited Ireland? She must have gone home with aching jaws she smiled and laughed so much, that undoubtedly was because she knew she would be scrutinised.

William is socially awkward, all his mannerisms and facial expressions look strained.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

After seeing those photos from yesterday, I officially feel sorry for him.

A picture paints a thousand words and I see the haunted lost look that we've seen in historic pictures of Diana.

I know he chose this life but I would hate to think of what goes on in his head.

The Oprah interview was all about how MM saved him and how they had their freedom now (the bike ride and beach trips) but yet where is the joy and relief in his face or stance?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

Paying for a lavish lifestyle with your own money will make you look like that. 😝

A photo can tell a lot and nothing at all. The one that sticks out for me is Harry glaring in to the distance during a church event. I posted it here in fact. Now we see him sitting looking forlorn. Perhaps both are just quick moments where he is captured in thought and are no reflection of how he feels in himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Denny61

They want everything..they went on the Oprah Winfrey show to castigate the royal family and paint themselves in a better light for their image for Netflix. Then when it all backfired ..they tried to get a pic of themselves and kids cosyin up to queen' mother under orders from Netflix again to repaint them.again ..but the royals having none of it Andyt the world are seeing through them especially Megan..her aim is to be a woman of power and substance ..but with the fakeness of a dodgy rolex

A protester in NY yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

he does to be fair, surprisingly so but he does.

many of us do ultimately understand what white privilage is, even though we aren't specifically privilaged ourselves.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

ultimately none of that is evidence as.

1. serious mistakes younger harry made can be learned from and he has done that, meaning he understands about racial issues now and has done for quite a number of years, + his time serving in the army will have thought him a lot.

2. things can be very different for a woman who is not a pure bred royal within the rf, so while harry was able to avail of mental health services (there would have been no choice so as to protect the institution from scandle) it would be certainly easy for an institution to make things difficult for a mentally ill meghan.

whether they did or didn't we won't know as we weren't there and the tabloids certainly can't be relied on as a reliable source meaning ultimately the couple's word is the only one available, and given the institution involved it is not impossible that what happened did so.

3. given who harry is, a private jet is more secure and easier for him and everyone else to use as it keeps him and his security from taking up a commercial flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

Would it not be terribly scandalous if the suicidal daughter in law of a future monarch were to actually commit suicide.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

Again, it bears repeating. Archie was born and the media, despite having an interest in the imminent birth, were blindsided and in the dark about what was happening or going on. So the Sussexes are capable of stealth, discretion and confidence in terms of medical care when they need to be. In addition they were able to make contact with celebrities and invite them to their wedding. So they have the capacity to put messages and requests across without intervention. Meghan had the wherewithal to get the private numbers of US Senators. So she has the capacity to get something difficult when she really wants it. Taking all that into account then it's not as if her ideation/struggles were private either or that she told no one. Did they all experience a collective embarrassment? In addition, Meghan saying she was fobbed off as it would be a “bad look” is horse manure considering two future kings and her husband have been public with their mental health struggles. I don't subscribe to this big idea of them being victims beholden to "the institution". It’s all part of a deflecting victim narrative. In addition nothing Harry said in his speech was ground breaking or which could not have been delivered on a big screen Zelensky-Zoom style from home. No need for a private jet in that case and, to my mind, the UN are worse for entertaining hypocrites i.e. coming to proffer banal platitudes while contradicting those sentiments in practice. He basically flew 6000 miles on a private jet to go and talk for 15 minutes to a smattering of people some of whom seemed more interested in their phones, went for his dinner and goes back home. Is it any wonder people harp on about the hypocrisy.

Post edited by valoren on

The 3 shades of Meghan. Think she's copying Catherine too in her choice of outfits!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Her skin colour looks different in each photo, but that's down to filters and the light she's photographed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭hamburgham

You’d worry about Harry though. His situation must seem absolutely desperate to him and it’s all of his own making. He’s made such a fool of himself. He was genuinely in love and played for an absolute fool.

• Advertisement

Addressing an “near empty” UN says it all. The most pointless, the most hypocritical, the most egotistical, the most self important and most directionless couple currently pedalling their irrelevant wares on a world stage.

It’s extraordinary how someone or some company or organisation is willing to pay them to spout their dribble .

More people listen to me on boards than listen to them on the world stage 😛

I don't think the last one is down to a filter!

and he could also appear in person and give the speech, which he did, and it's a non-issue, the contents were factual and that is all that matters.

if the UN were to not entertain hypocrits then they would entertain nobody as everyone is a hypocrit here and there.

Meghan is a complete shark. She circled her prey and then when she knew exactly what buttons to push moved in for the kill. Harry never stood a chance. Love truly is blind. He has made himself look like a massive twit.

there is not a shred of evidence for this claim, especially as she has said she felt suicidal.

ultimately this is just you perpetuating what you want to be, rather then what the available evidence so far is showing.

She can say whatever she wants. I don’t believe her. There’s no available evidence she was ever suicidal.

his situation is quite decent in reality.

he is quite wealthy, lives away from the RF and all that goes with it, is generally left alone, and while the daily mail are still bitter and throwing their toys out of the pram, he is away from it all with his children and wife, and seems to be quite happy.

• Advertisement

Ha Irrelevant man speaks at Empty Irrelevant talking shop.

Advertisement