Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,568 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Nope, first time and their boosters are spun out at this stage so many are getting hit with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭Dozer1

Hope oh improves Brian herself had it here 2 weeks ago and very slow to recover still very tired most days and cough not gone either

Great way to roll up public support against farming.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,519 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Isn't it some pisstake.

The public should call them on their bluff at this stage.

"Come on Hitler take my car".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Could be classed as an incitement to hatred against a minority.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭emaherx

More and more evidence comes to light on over estimation of Ag emissions and more recently methane emissions of oil/gas emissions shown to be underestimated by up to 80% but the media are still beating the same drum.

Now blame the farmers for people having to cut out cars? It was my understanding that the government had already committed to make all new cars zero emissions within the next 10-15 years anyway which makes the article complete bull **** scaremongering with a dig at farming for no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭Base price

It's the vegan money behind the green agenda - they want rid of all forms of livestock farming.

100% on the money there.

between vegans not wanting any animal agriculture and the corporations wanting to flog these vegans muck processed foods there is an awful lot of money and lobbying against animal agriculture behind the scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,730 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Thats why I think the whole "Origin Green" thing is failing badly as a brand. Instead of promoting the best of extensive beef, mountain lamb etc. including the likes of 50k broiler houses and intensive pig units etc. is just taking the p*ss and does nothing to show livestock production in a good light:(. I happened to visit one of the latter recently quiet by accident while on other business and I have to say keeping 9 animals the size of Shetland Ponies in an area similar to most peoples bedrooms minus any natural light or decent ventilation etc. cannot be justified on any basis. Also doing the rounds on social media atm is a story from Germany concerning pigs photographed piled on top of each other, gasping for air in the heat in the back of a livestock trailer last week. This type of sh*t needs to be called out for what it is cos it its toxic to farmers image across the board

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭Good loser

On Prime Time now M O Callaghan with George Monbiot and Tim Cullinan. Cullinan very poor at marshalling facts and debating.

M O C as usual is abysmal while Monbiot is a delusionist. Does Monbiot want the entire beef industry to close, all the milk factories, the animal feed busineses, pig and poultry factories?

All over in 10 minutes - typical RTE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭3 the square

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

The other lad was off the charts . Spouting crap. He shouldn't have been let say half the stuff he said . He was totally anti farming

It's all very planned. Whoever is in this cult has a direct line with main stream media.

Michael Fitzmaurice was on radio 1 a week or so ago about turf. Then RTE had some "professor" on straight after going on about his terrible experiences of turf and how he couldn't heat his house with it. Then the interviewer had a good laugh at it.

After you'd a member of an Taisce tweeting their disgust at RTE for giving MF " a platform " re turf.

Now today you've RTE radio this morning saying if Agriculture doesn't reduce emissions by 30% that they're going to take people's second cars. That came out today too I take it in The Examiner.

Now this evening you've Gibbon's hero Monbiot v Cullinan on RTE 1.

Emissions in Agriculture is crap talk if Sequestration in Agriculture is also not included in the debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭straight

Even more importantly biogenic methane is different to methane from fossil fuels. The methane isotopes can be measured to see which are the biggest concentration in the atmosphere but there is no appetite to measure them.

How bad it's gotten.

Heard recently an interview with the owner of Foxford Woollen Mills. He took over the company after it went into receivership. He was going on about how now it's mostly all mechanised now, no labour costs, etc.

Mentioned how the brand has been brought back.

How he made a cafe at the Mill into a tourist attraction and how it's completely vegan.

At this point I was ready to throw the radio out the window with this man's audacity and vulgarity to the farmers and those who went before him at the mill that he's buying wool from sheep farmers but modcollies himself up then to say he has a vegan only cafe at the woollen mill. The **** shouldn't be allowed have the place with that carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

That about wraps it up a vegan cafe at a woollen mill. There you have the plastic vegans. Further proof that it's a fad.

Nothing like a good recession and stagflation to knock some common sense into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭emaherx

Now today you've RTE radio this morning saying if Agriculture doesn't reduce emissions by 30% that they're going to take people's second cars. That came out today too I take it in The Examiner.

It's a bizarre threat, since cars already have to change to "zero" emissions in the same time frame anyway! So are they taking second cars out of spite?

And do they think a second car is a luxury item in rural Ireland?

It's a win win threat.

All through this and you could see from the commentary in the farmers journal with the env wing of the ag dept. The ifa have been landed with similar threats. There's two choices given. But it doesn't matter, by picking the lessor one, you've played into their hands anyway.

Theirs no thinking involved on their part just ground to be taken.

By win win threat. The counter argument was made by a politician that suv's in Eamon Ryan's constituency be seized. The same online environmentalists applauded, loved that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Eamon Ryan must be loving all this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭farmertipp

eamon ryan and Co are a cancer because targeting farmers because of questionable science will come back to haunt them when it doesn't work and warming gets worse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

But when it doesn't work they will say the farmers resisted change and didn't do enough, a handy get out of jail card instead of admitting they got it wrong followed the wrong science. Why are some politicians so determined to get agriculture, can they no see the mistakes of the past were we gave away our natural gas and now Russia is holding Europe to ransom.

I usually try and avoid reading any climate articles that don’t mention fossil fuel or air travel cuts. Anything that doesn’t include these isn’t balanced reporting.

read earlier that the US army is estimated to produce as much green house gasses as 140 countries worldwide yet the yanks refuse to measure or report on it based on “national security”

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭smallbeef

This is all coming from the World Economic Forum, a group of elites, far far above governments and think they know best how to run the world. They use the greens as useful idiots to push their policies. They own the media. It’s really sick.

Anything that they can’t control and make money from they outlaw. ‘If they can’t tax it they’ll ban it’ , same as turf. New houses in the country should not have a wood burning stove. Trees falling naturally every winter and we are supposed to import gas to heat our homes. If they can’t tax it they’ll ban it. Got email from AIB yesterday saying local branch is ‘removing cash and cheque facilities’ along with 70 out of 170 branches nationwide. Can’t withdraw cash, can’t lodge cash or a cheque from Sept. But the bank will stay open, WTF. Have to travel 45 minutes to cash my little cheques now. Cash will be outlawed in a few years. Cash economy drives them mad - If they can’t tax it they’ll ban it.

The self-sufficiency of farmers makes us an outlier they want to control. They need control of the food supplies to fully control the public. They are destroying farmers in the media, we have fallen some amount it the last decade in public opinion. I realise this is conspiracy theory stuff but the events of the past few years does make me believe someone high up is moving the chess pieces - and it ain't Eamon f*cking Ryan 🤪

Just thinking too about the ultimatum given to get the headlines.

Notice how the public's transportation was the other choice not a data centre/s.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I don't doubt that he said it but thats 100% untrue, just up the road from me, they do a great bacon on sourdough

Its about time the IFA got serious about the information war thats going on, Cullinan is a pig farmer, he knows little or nothing about the science around climate change, we need someone debating that does. Theres a clear lobby being financed by vegan/synthetic food interests, its very easy for that journalist to come on last nite and start shouting that the sky will fall down if we don't get rid of cattle. We need a dietician to explain that meat and dairy are required for a healthy lifestyle and that we'll be walking into another crisis if we move away from those. And we need someone with a background in science to explain how emissions are being incorrectly calculated for agriculture coupled with us being the only industry to have to account for emissions at source

You must have gotten it out the back!!

8.00 on the recording.

All for show on the radio?

Edit: look up Down to Business with Bobby Kerr on Newstalk if you can't get through that link.

Post edited by Say my name on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭Suckler

IFA have ran scared from this issue for twenty years. They hadn't they foresight to see what was coming and now that the horse has bolted I don't see them recovering their position.

• Advertisement

I've no doubt he said it but seems a strange thing to say when you can get beef lasagne, salmon (the mill is literally on the Moy), goats cheese, quiche etc

Advertisement