Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭JOL1

Seems like the EDD'S have moved again. The earlier date range of August 3 (which seemed impossible ) has moved to Aug 19th to Sept 2nd which would be in line with European bound ships from Shanghai (Morning Chorus and Glovis Summit). The good news is that VINS are discoverable so for many it's now all about timings in Q3.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Damian83

To check if you have a VIN sign into your account then go to the url:

tesla.com/teslaaccount/oxp-bff-api/user-orders

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Where the fcûk were you an hour ago when i was deciphering source code on the side of a mountain 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Does that work with phones. The guy said he was holidays with his iPhone.

• Advertisement

This works with phones I used it to verify the vin I found in the code

My EDD is still showing as Estimated Delivery: August 03 - August 17 I’d expect that to slide as I don’t think any ships are due to Zeebrugge until mid august

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

I got an SMS from Tesla this morning re 'arrival date being calculated' and also a call from First Auto finance [PCP] to confirm some details and to expect a request to upload documents etc. No VIN in source code yet, but all evidence is all but confirming Aug/Sep delivery.

"Tesla Update - Your Model 3 arrival date is being calculated and will show shortly in your Tesla app. For now, please familiarise yourself with the features of your Model 3 by watching our introduction videos via your Tesla app. Not ready for your Model 3 or need help? Reply here."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Just got same text, do have VIN in source code.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Got the same text, but no call from First Auto Finance

• Advertisement

The guy called me as he couldn't locate my original approval document, but then found it while we were talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,505 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I had 2 Supercharges in Germany yesterday and the car didn’t even pre-condition as it was so hot!!! And still pulled the full 170kW on both occasions…..

over Monday & Tuesday I drove 1,300km’s and the car was absolutely flawless (2020 SR+)

a simple but brilliant feature is leaving the climate control on while out of the car as we went in to grab a bite to eat on the last charge, and despite it being 38 degrees outside the car remained at a cool 14 degrees and felt like a fridge when we got back in!!

highest temp seen was 40 degrees in France on Monday!!

7 Supercharges in total and the car is now sitting in the hold of our ship at 84%

Couldnt even imagine or would even dare doing a trip like this in anything other than a Tesla…..

Seems unusual that you cant find a VIN... the easiest way is to download this to Chrome on your browser then log out of Tesla account and back into it..

Yes, tried that extension but no luck yet. Obviously hoping it just hasn't been added/updated yet. Tesla did tell me last week that I would find out this week if I can expect a car in the Aug/Sep delivery.

I'm waiting on delivery confirmation before I pull the trigger on tails upgrade & home charger install. I'm going with Zappi v2.

Sounds like an epic road trip Andy and great to hear it was so successful in your SR+ !!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Buckmark1

Have had the text from Tesla. Have my VIN number in the source code . I haven’t had a call about finance yet but I am opting for AIB

Have you gotten a quote from someone? Ive been shopping around and deciding between the Zappi and the Wall box Pulsar Plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,505 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Yeah, once your in mainland Europe you can pretty much go anywhere you want and your covered by Supercharging…. And bonus for me is it’s all still free as I still have a **** ton of referral km’s to use up before they expire in October!!

Started off the trip with 4,992km;

And currently have 4,089 left after 1,300km of driving/charging (the joys of driving one of the most efficient Tesla’s out there!!!)

Should land back in Ireland with over 3,000+ Km remaining!!! So might need to plan a few trips to Belfast, Cork or Galway!!!

Yes, I got a quote from Carplug.ie for the Zappi v2. Got a separate quote from ecoplexyenergy.ie for Wallbox Pulsar plus.

As I understand it, for the additional cost of the Zappi, it's a far superior product.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

Same here: (my EDD is now Aug 19 to Sept 02)

I have the VIN code

'I got a text' from Tesla today as per others

Finance emailed me yesterday to say that Tesla had been in contact with them also and that a VIN had been assigned.

I am assuming that the date 'range' will ultimately change to just one date and that is the collection date.

I have just ordered the Gen 3 Tesla charger online so hopefully that will arrive soon now as well.

I wonder is there somebody in the Tesla office in Dublin looking at this thread, changing the EDDs and watching the thread grow as they mess with our heads!!

Mike

• Advertisement

FWIW, I love the look of the Tesla Gen 3 wall connector and did some digging on it. I spoke to a couple of people and I was advised that they were designed for the US market where they have more power going into their houses. Seemingly you will also need a load balancer installed, as the the connector doesn't have the feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

The only times mine didn't precondition was after accelerating to 200+ repeatedly on the Autobahn, ambient 27 degrees 😀

Hungary and Romania free supercharging, I've a thread here

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058254106/galway-to-romania-in-2019-m3p

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

I don't have any electric showers or large load appliances in my house so it will be ok.

Yes - the 'look' and the port open button/feature was the main attraction for me. I know that it is a relatively 'dumb' charger but it is also reasonably priced at €500. I can time charging etc.. from the car itself...

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭whykay

Same as others, got the text this morning.

Other half had applied to AIB for car loan this morning (should hear back by lunch time).

Also have my VIN, and EDD hasn't changed (yet), still Aug 3 - Aug 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Virgil°

I'm on an RWD, Midnight Silver with 19" wheels and white interior. I rang Tesla again there mostly because I need to renew my trade in details but I also asked about the recent vins coming in. I would still be optimistic even if we're not in that first wave of VINs. I know it feels like being left out of Christmas😂. But the guy on the other end of the line said there's still several ships of Teslas due for this quarter to Ireland so the chances of being paired up with a car for the Aug-Sep time period that we've remained on is still good.

Again no guarantees. Just relaying what he told me.

EDD slipped for the first time since ordering, Aug 19. - Sep 2. now. from 9-23 Aug

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Finance guy said a VIN had been assigned to my account so happy days. Waiting to hear back from AIB for the lease approval.

I got a guy out to survey for the charger, he could find the "earth rod" for my house and apparently thats a basic thing for house built in the last 20 years...could complicate/increase cost for the home charger (if I want to get the grant money back). Might have to granny charge for a while until figure out what to do

I also need an tails upgrade, earth rod & earth bonding. I was quoted €950 for this pre-work. Then an additional 1250-1450 for supply and fit of charger itself e.g. EO mini or Zappi v2 respectively.

• Advertisement

Hi,

I got an email re the PCP finance and request to upload some documentation. I am not receiving my verification code. I've had other SMS from them, so assume they have the correct number. They've masked out all the digits except the last 4.

Is anyone else having same issue?

Thanks

Advertisement