Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I stopped listening just before 2. Should I listen back?

Just typing this to secure post #66666. 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭steinbock123

Jeez Butters, you’re sharp ! 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭steinbock123

Did anyone notice where he made a point of saying that he’d be here for the rest of the summer, he’s had his two weeks holidays and won’t be taking ANY days off at all, at all.

I wonder now that he’s an OAP and can be turfed out (we can only dream), has Dee or the RTE management had a word about all those days off and sickies he seems to habitually take, up to now anyway, and told him unless he pulls up his socks in that department he’ll be out on his ear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭leath_dub

"We're here all summer", not "I'm here all summer"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭furiousox

He was in a right thick mood today, rude, argumentative, constantly talking over and interrupting people.

A very ignorant man.

Post edited by furiousox on

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 3,586 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Few little digs by Joe to self righteous Darcy.

Wonder who would win in a fight, Joe definitely has weight advantage, I reckon he'd fight dirty,

Darcy being the pacifist would probably burst out crying if Joe shouted at him not to be giving me any of your ol'guff , and send Jenny in to fight instead of himself

He's had at least 6 weeks off this year already, probably more. And he had more than just 2 weeks off on this most recent holiday so to speak.

Over the last number of years he's taken between 10 and 12 weeks off (for over 2 years I tabulated his time off), but he's not alone in this - it's standard fare for most of the RTE "talent" in the NK stable (look at Ryan Tubridy if you want to see a man who is fond of holidays). Dee Forbes certainly won't be pulling him in and telling him off for that.........or anything it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Hitchens

But, but, but wha happened to de pre-recorded tape, so ta speak? 😫

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Joe and Tarquin : If we were abroad, someone would say something to the litterers.

Everyone else : Did YOU say anything?

Joe and Tarquin : No, of course not. Irish! The government! The council! No bins!

Funny how the likes of Joe and Eunan are horrified by deaths in Ireland over 100 years but are quite happy when the deaths were of Irish rebels or the irish serving the British empire in colonies or WW1, tens of thousands

Not only is their care for the dead of the W of I and linking it with the Troubles - actually 5 decades later and caused by the British and loyalists - so facetious, but they then claim WW1 must have better celebrations because more were killed - but won't condemn the killing or unnecessary war making

Ó Hailpín is like Joe, he knows where the money is

Does Joe think that every school should now have a list of dead people for every historical event like WW1 and 2, Vietnam, Famine?

...Or just Irish rebellions against foreign attacks, because it was how Gaybo brought him up and sure the Shinners will complain?

Apparently even anti-Semitism does not disavow you of promotion in Duffy land

Anyone know what happened to Duffy's famous Dugdale item he plugged several times, then did not do?

Wonder did the legal guys shut him down?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

D'Arcy is no pacifist, unless one counts plastic pacifists, like the rest of them he's all up for flooding Ukraine with vicious deadly armaments of all types because "putin big bully" in that childlike analysis on world affairs , one can't be a pacifist and hold those views no matter how one tries to rationalise it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Enjoyed it while Katie was hosting

Maybe thats why i find Joseph more obnoxious than ever these last 2 days

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭Jeff2

He was peed off at Ray's comment and went all over the place.

"I don't have milk in tea since something something"

"but I have milk with my porridge"

Think the porridge was a dig at Ray and I believe he said he had milk with his porridge rather than in it.

Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,982 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

LOL, saw that and thought, my word priorities. I was listening to "Morning Ukraine" earlier a riveting discussion on Gloves, Irish Designer who talked about, Me, Me, Me for 10 minutes, she's had exposure because lady gaga wearing her Gloves, I thought maybe some extra employment opportunities, expansion etc, but no, me, me, me and the only thing expanding was her Head. I've and idea of what I'd like to do with a pair of her gloves.

Throughly Nauseating stuff, Ideal guest for Tubs, but a 10 minute promotion of a complete Twat on a flag ship current affairs program, certainly not.

Last section on the show if anyone has the stomach to listen back to utter vomit enducing Tripe.

Meanwhile, the Country in Shyte......

Good morning, by the way 😏

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

I heard that alright, she was as modest as Joe and Tubs combined. My own highlight was:

“Prices go from €85 to €4,500…..so there’s something there for everybody”

Wasn't she Ghastly, sounded like Vogue Williams on steroids, I'd say those travelling to work thinking how much its cost them to get there along with other cost of living challenges were vomiting in their travel mugs 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Kalimah

I heard that one too. The accent said it all. I'd say she has some poor unfortunates sewing those for a tenner an hour. Total rubbish for a current affairs program.

I wonder is she related to someone in RTE to get that ad disguised as an "interview".

Dempo, it's my birthday in October so you better start saving for my gloves now - and I don't mean the €85 ones!

🤣

I've placed an order, hope I've chosen correct Size, so to speak 🤣🤣

Lovely!

I'll wear them to the next FunnyFryday.

Ive absolutely no doubt there's a connection, interviews at the end of Morning Ukraine, tend to be rushed, the presenter just sat back at let the guest essentially promote herself uninterrupted.

Louis Copeland will be envious, I'd say he's already been on to Joe, it's been a while since he's had a plug, dig out, so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Kalimah

I had a look at her website and at a couple of interviews that she has done. I can't see an RTE connection at first glance. The gloves are all made in Italy by "family run" workshops. I'd have no interest - overpriced for one thing. You can all have a look for yourselves. Paula Rowan is her name.

• There’s definitely gotta be an inner connection with Montrosia

• Advertisement

I'd say the Ladies of Montrosia have had a few samples sent in, so to speak "Genuinely" 😁

Advertisement