Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,314 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Horse flies or blind doctors as they are called here.

Like silent assassins you only notice the sting by the slight sensation after it's done.

Reminds me of years ago when me and a mate were around 14.

We had organised to meet two girls that were in our area on holidays.

Well my mate got stung by a blind doctor on one of his ears earlier on in the day.

By the time it came to meet the two girls his ear was nearly the size of his head.

It was like a fake ear you'd buy in a joke shop.

It wasn't sore or anything, just ridiculous looking.

It didn't put him off anyway and was a good icebreaker 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Trying to call hospital with suspended visiting for update on 90 year old Covid + father for an update and phone repeatedly left to ring out.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

2 factor authentication when trying to use bank cards online or access websites

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Yesterday on the radio talking about 2 car houses reducing to 1 car and today cashless banks !

one business man lived beside the bank but now has to make a 2hour round trip to go to the bank

Yes, lets do all we can to reduce amount of cars on the road !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Workmen in the house fitting new blinds. Obviously they were making quite a racket with the drilling etc. Scardey cat decides the best place to hide is up INSIDE the chimney. Took the heart out of me when she just hopped up in there. I was sure she was gonna get herself stuck but I knew better than to try prise her out.

Thankfully she hopped back out when they left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭jacool

Thankfully she's not. It's a gas fireplace so there wouldn't be any coal/turf burned in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

This isn't the 1st time it's happened , but everytime I get my hopes up , just maybe, by the email from The National Lottery "news about your ticket ". But this I had already googled it and knew it was a uk winner, which I'm in and did it on the uk app. But alas it was only £2.70 😡

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Even banks are going cashless now ? Marvellous, truly a cretinous world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,430 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

You got to wonder how kids will be thought about the value of money and opportunity cost going forward. I'm in my early 30s and remember getting 20p to go to shop to buy whatever I wanted, but I learnt that once that 20p was spent, it was gone. I've known a few people in college that ended up in debt thanks to credit cards because they thought that the bank of mom and dad would continue to bail them out.

People aren't great with the old mortgages and PCP financing, what hope is there for a cashless society? Me thinks there will be trouble down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I agree, Meanwhile businesses will be enabled to make more profit… so we lose lose

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Gobsh*tes trying to pass off photoshopped pictures of lightning as real.

The Journal debunked one and he's now deleted his instagram account 🤣🤣 Well what goes around comes around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Standing in a supermarket q earlier, the pa announced that till 4 was opening and people moved from my q(no 5) to no 6 and formed an orderly q for where it was.

Staff member pointed out to some of that q where no 4 was and they moved there, when I paid there was still a half dozen ppl standing at no 6 despite it showing as closed and having been pointed to the correct till!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I should probably just go to bed. Was putting on a wash there and spilled a bit of fabric softener on the floor. Pulled a t-shirt out of the machine to clean it up and the entire bubble thing full of detergent came with it and went err'where - floor, walls, me, the freezer - the works. There's possibly even some on the ceiling. It was *that* spectacular of a spill.

I am so done being an adult for today.

Prepared my bowl of cornflakes this morning for breakfast. One carton of milk was finished without totally filling the bowl so I get the next one out of the fridge and discover, after pouring some onto my cereal, that it's gone off.

Toast it is!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Nicked my Adam's apple shaving but didn't notice. Have a small blood stain on the collar of my white tshirt now and am in the office all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,181 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

AIB. Backing Closures.

Shameless shower of sportswashing cnuts to boot.

Made a mistake when I transferred the balance of my Ulster Bank a/c, so the receiving a/c sent it back to UB,

First call to CS didn't yield any results so I called again and that person took ownership of the issue, but they called yes on a private no so I didn't pick up as I had been targeted by scammers already that day.

They left a message that things were underway and they would call back today to confirm some deets(no point in calling cs again as they don't have a way of transferring calls to colleagues)

So now I have to have my phone with me at all times, even when its within reach it still on my mind, this must be what being pregnant is like.

Having been subjected to all my summertime allergens with in the last week not one bit shocked that I have cold like symptoms, but the cough is strange and a bit worrying.

Thinking of getting a Covid test BUT as I cant leave the house or phone I was looking at the delivery services to drop one off, 15€, and not enough money on the card cause of the mix up with ub!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

People who cannot follow simple instructions. I swear to god I had to walk away from the laptop or else I would have been fired if i said what I wanted to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm waiting to hear back on a job I *really* want. Did the final-round interview on Tuesday.

My mam comes in there and goes "Any news?" (meaning generally).

Me: No

Her: Any word on the job?

Me: I think that would fall under the heading "news", Mam

I'm also getting constant "Any word?!" texts from friends and family. I know they mean well but it's beyond annoying. I WOULD HAVE TOLD YOU ALREADY IF THERE WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post edited by Dial Hard on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I may have put a tub of ice cream into the microwave instead of the freezer last evening.....

It was almost empty but still one decent serving left....and the microwave is over the fridge, but...grrrr 😀

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 16,939 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Congratulations, you've procreated and you love your children, BUT don't shove their snot encrusted faces in mine and expect me to be enamoured.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I'm hearing impaired so I generally don't start conversations with people I don't know.

Had to nip down to local supermarket. I live in an old residential area so 90% of customers in the shop were elderly.

So I'm looking at something on the shelf minding my own business, when something crashes into me.

A child in a buggy had pushed themselves backwards down the aisle and into me.

So I'm walking past his minder, I'd say it was his granny and I say in passing, politely , oh your child is pushing himself down the aisle.

Well the abuse I got. Made even more comical by me going...what? What....what are you saying.....ah forget it ....look after your child.

I made her day anyway.

A colleague brought a pupa chino when she brought the Covid test, I took it in and put it in the fridge.

Then I remembered we didn't have that dog anymore. I could have sent it back with her for her dog to enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,181 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The constant stream of media articles with tone deaf "celebs" showing off their houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

That's a pain. No chance of a desktop PC being available in your office?

If it's AIB they've moved cash services to An Post - surely they should be one of those less than 2 hours away.

• Advertisement

My TA for today is kids flying around on bikes as cars are trying to reverse out of driveways. A neighbour got so flustered that she called me for help.

Another is Penny Mordaunt's elimination as it means little or no media coverage for her. What a stunner.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement