Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Luas p&r without luas ticket

• 21-07-2022 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Is it possible to park at the p&r and not use luas? Want to get collected near n7 southbound but need somewhere to leave my car for the weekend

Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,291 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

"You must have a valid Luas ticket on the day you park. An additional charge will occur if you do not have a valid Luas ticket when you leave the car park."

https://luas.ie/car-parking/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,842 ✭✭✭Allinall

Just buy a ticket when you park.

Its only about €1.70.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭SteM

So if you drive to the Luas P&R, pay for 1 week parking and take the Dublin Coach to the airport you still need a Luas ticket on the day you park even if you don't take the Luas? That's good to know for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭zocklie

So it doesn't need to be a ticket from the day I'm trying to get out then?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,291 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

depends on whether that's what 'valid' means.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭thebiglad

I often park at the Red Cow P&R, pay parking on the machine and tap on my with leap card - they have no way to know that I boarded a Tram. I think they are simply trying to 'scare' people from using the P&R as a car park facility and take the Air Coach to the Airport.

You can pay parking online in advance of arrival too so, no need to even go near the machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭zocklie

And when you're leaving then , do they check your leap card or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭nullObjects

They are pretty clamp happy in some of the carparks, I've been clamped more than once at the Balally one when I had paid for parking and had a valid ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭SteM

There is no barrier or check on the way in or out of red cow p&r.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

Not entirely sure I'd leave my car unattended each night for a week right beside the Luas Red line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,842 ✭✭✭Allinall

I live right beside the red Luas line and have left my car unattended every night for the last 20 years.

What are you afraid of that you wouldn’t be anywhere else?

Advertisement