Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia EV6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Popped into the local KIA dealer while passing to see how things are getting on since I put in my order. Since Jan they've only received 2 EV6 models for customers with 30 on back order. Was told that since they stopped accepting orders mid March I may have the EV6 late Jan 2024 as I'm at the end of the current list. Price may go up again in the meantime by which the deposit does not guarantee a locked in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

I'd tell them to whistle - 2 years for a car & they can't guarantee the price - especially when other vendors are bringing out new EV models every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

Anyone signed up to the Ionity Power 12 month offer with Kia? I signed up but just showing as active on the contract screen with no mention of the discount itself being in place. Got onto Kia support who said it would be under "Invoices" as paid by third party. Nothing in the invoice section though. Does it appear at the end of the month or should there be something obvious on the dashboard/profile to say it??

In Cork so don't want to get stung for something I may only get to use a few times during the year 😯

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Mind me asking which dealership that is?

Dealership I'm dealing with got 4 EV6s this month. (Kilkenny)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

Vendors can launch whatever they want. Sure Kia has launched a rake of EVs. Doesn't mean the supply is there. People get thick about these things, if you can afford to leave the money on deposit, well at least you're in a queue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭eltoastero

I had to get onto their twitter team (handle = kia_ireland) to get it sorted, not sure what they did in the background but I've 12 months of IONITY power on my account now and that wonderful 27c/kWh rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

is there plan to bring smaller battery version to Ire?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭cromelex

Looks like the update is available now, seems to be dated 30.06.2022 on the filename.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭ffocused

Looks like a new version too, as I updated a few weeks ago before it was removed.

I found the infotainment was very slow to start up since installing it, so hopefully newer version will be better.

I installed CV E.EUR55W L.001.001.220623 a few weeks ago and website now lists CV_E.EUR.S5W_L.001.001.220721 as latest version for EV6.

Map version has not changed and this new version not showing up as an OTA update option for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭brasher

Called today and got the same response. He said they had refunded 40 customers and wouldn't have anything for 2 years.

Have you noticed any issues with the screen appearing dimmer or the parking sensors coming on at a much shorter distance? One of the regulars over on the SpeakEV forum mentioned these issues, just checking before I implement the upgrade myself

I've updated mine and no issues so far.

Having the fullscreen Android auto (split between 2 Android Apps) is brilliant.

Post edited by cromelex on

Once or twice the reverse camera did not activate straight away due to slow boot up, but did not have any issues with parking sensors or anything else. I will download latest version over weekend and see if it’s any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

Got quoted €950 for a tow bar and install with standard 7 pin .. is this the going rate ? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Updated mine but not getting full screen android auto... @cromelex when you say full screen are you getting Google maps the full width of the 12 inch screen

@Skippy along sorry that is what I meant. Fullscreen Android Auto but split between the 2 Android Apps, rather than Android Auto and Kia's. It's effectively taking up the fullscreen with Android. It's just that Android Auto is chosing to split the screen due to the size, whereas before it was Kia's software that was only allowing it to display on 2/3rds of the screen. Does that make sense?

I need to double check the details but I read a few months back that you can make it fullsreen (ie, the map taking up the fullscreen) by changing the DPI or Resolution settings in Android - should at least be possible with a dongle like the AAWireless one. (The US version of the software has had this "fullscreen" for months which is why I read about it a while ago).

@cromelex that's what i thought i have the AAWIRELESS which is fantastic and have gone through everything in the dpi settings and no way would the screen go full 12 inch on Google maps ... I do know the us versions of the EV6 seems to get the full screen on android but not the European models... But still the update we have got now is an improvement on the previous one

Interesting post taken from UK EV6 Facebook glad i purchased the non acoustic continentals and saved 300euro haven't put them yet.

Acoustic Tyres on EV6

I know there have been a couple of articles relating to punctures before but I thought that I would let you know of what I have learned after my own recent experience.

I wrote to Continental Tyres regarding the use of the supplied Conti Mobility Kit with ContiSilent Tyres and received the following one sentence reply from their Technical Support Engineer

"Unfortunately the mobility kit would not work on ContiSilent tyres as the foam would soak up the latex."

I subsequently wrote to Kia Customer Care UK and received the following brief response

"Whilst I understand that the tyres were supplied with the EV6 however as the manufacturer of the tyres have advised against using a tyre mobility kit for their tyres, they would be best placed to contact further regarding the repair of any punctures that may occur.

From a Kia perspective, we’d advise contacting your breakdown provider if applicable in case of any incidents."

It would therefore appear the Kia are aware that the tyre sealant that they provide is not suitable for use on the tyres they provide on the EV6. They expect EV6 users to contact breakdown providers in the event of a puncture.

Many garages, including the first one I went to, will not try to repair a punctured acoustic tyre even when the puncture is in the 'simple repair' area claiming that the manufacturer does not allow it. ContiSilent tyres can be repaired and Continental have produced a leaflet detailing how this should be done. Fortunately the second garage I went to was perfectly happy to repair the tyre

https://teslaowners.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/contisilent-repair-download-data.pdf

The article in 'Car and Driver' suggests minimal , if any, real reduction in noise levels when using acoustic tyres.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a15345724/tested-do-acoustically-insulated-tires-really-hush-road-noise/

So in summary

EV6 owners are being provided with a 'not-fit-for-purpose' combination of acoustic tyre and repair kit and Kia expect us to use breakdown services every time we have a puncture.

The acoustic tyres cost more than the non-acoustic version of the same tyre and appear to have very little, if any, noise reduction.

I would like Kia to replace all my tyres with non-acoustic tyres as I would rather be able to quickly fix a puncture at the roadside instead of waiting for breakdown services to come to my rescue.

Those Continental tyres are on the GT line only, right?

• Advertisement

Nexen Nfera Sport EV tyres are on my Earth model

Yes continentals on GT line 20 Inch only.... Wonder if the earth models have the acoustic foam inserts on the 19 inch tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

EV6 GT driven (Not the GT Line)

FYI this update fixed the climate pre-heating / pre-cooling bug introduced in the June 2022 update (which was pulled from the website). It no longer resets to 27 degree at the end of the cooling task (thus undoing all the previous cooling).

• Registered Users Posts: 38 shanoh

First sign of trouble with my GT Line. Car wouldn't move when i put it into drive yesterday, then jerked forward suddenly when I applied accelerator. Now I hear a vibration when the wheel turns, and when brake is applied there is a small thud. Am thinking brake pad is stuck. No chance to sort it today so left it til tonight to see if anything spontaneously resolved. No luck... Gonna try and get dealer to take an urgent look tomorrow. Car had been parked up for a week but the day before it happened it drove fine for an hour. All very odd but really concerning for a 6 month old car...

Any thoughts welcome!

Same situation happened to me..Foot on the brake put it into drive take off auto hold and then i pressed accelerator lightly and it broke free.. Bit of noise but it's perfect since... Have you tried reversing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 shanoh

Thanks! I have auto hold off so it's strange. Reverse is the same issue as going forwards. Unfortunately it seems it'll need something done alright

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Eireann81

221 reg GT line available for €62k at Kia Liffey Valley. That must be at least €7k over what it cost new a few months ago.

Link: https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/kia-ev6-gt-line/31821372?campaign=23

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

More gouging by main dealers unfortunately someone will pay it, and it’s a Meath ref too 🤮

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭ec_pc

The dealers in general must be sitting back rubbing their hands in glee. We hear about a big drop in new car sales this year compared to previous years, yet used car values remain high.

For cars like the EV6, it's almost the perfect storm. High fuel prices, significant consumer interest in moving to electric, no possibility of even placing an order for a new EV6 let alone getting one. Will be interesting to see how long this one hangs around, I suspect it will be snapped up by someone who gets a high value on a trade in and is purely looking at cost to change not the retail price.

Advertisement