Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I leave B.O.I. for an post account

• 21-07-2022 4:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭

Most of my banking is done with N26 but because my work won't pay into that account ( that's for another discussion) and I sometimes need fairly large sums of cash at hand, I still have a b.o.i. account.

Today I needed 3k cash and the local b.o.i branch has shut down so I said I'd try to avail of the cash from the local p.o.

Tried but there was a limit so rang boi and they said 1300 would be the max I can take from p.o.

While at the counter getting the 3k the girl at the counter says why don't I open a p.o. account as that can pay out 3k.

Just wondering is there any cons with changing?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Changing away from BOI? very little!

Ultimately, most people choose a current account provider based on a combination of:

• Price (BOI very expensive)
    • Tech (BOI is woeful)
    • Location of branch (your post contains the answer to that)
    • Other products offered (credit card, overdraft, unsecured loans, secured loans, mortgages etc) - the only thing BOI will score on!
    • Mortgage holder (it is often easier to get a mortgage from a bank you have proven history with) - BOI are historically very expensive for mortgages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Thanks for that.

I suppose I'm hoping for a card that has the same level of function as the b.o.i. one.

Won't need a mortgage thankfully.

No circumstances where it may let me down and no hidden fees.

B.oi. is €6 a month and I think an post is €5.

Is that all in?

Oh and an app that's at least on a par with the b.o.i.

I'd be looking to transfer most of my wages to my N26 account every week and sometimes send money to a few payees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Looking at the app on play store.

People nor happy with it.

That would be a deal breaker for me.

Advertisement