Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

It was going great here in Limerick tbh - on pace to match Mays 700ish... but 3 days now under 20 in a row... so probably only match junes numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Statistically I'm running 71% right now of expected production for July - so considering it's the 21st of the month, I guess I'm slightly ahead here in Dublin. That said, I can't remember the last time that I had a smooth curve on the charts. It's been weeks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,397 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Yup. I have a 2kW ceramic heater and a 2kW oil one.

If it's not overly hot and I'm exporting, I'll turn one or both on.

Better day today, 23.4kWh.

Rough morning, brightened up well in the afternoon.

And with evenings like this, it's back to the days of still drawing 300w at 9pm.

Forecast is good tomorrow. Its been a pig of a month. Mind you we're due 4 days of rain afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭sligopaul

30.8 here in Sligo today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Mr Q

I have only got my PV running this week and have had the heatpump cooling the house during the day since then. Would never consider turning on the heating in July.

Currently exporting 4.6kW at 10:05 in the morning, even with the HP on. Great to see that much output but need to control/store it.

Sun finally faded out at 9:15pm, 36.2kWh for the day.

12.4kWh into the car, ran washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, filled the hot water and the battery, exported 0.7kWh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

I'm about 100kWh ahead of the last few months (Since March).. I think its going good

My 30 day moving average has actually ticked up over the last few weeks. I do this graph to smooth out the ups and downs, basically this plots at any given day I can see what was my average production was, over the last 30 days (month). I also do a 7 day moving average. So from the end of march to now I have been averaging around 25kWh/day on my 6.1kWp system but that has increased to around 27-28 kWh/day over the last week or two

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭deravarra

Well today was much much better. 20.4 with 8.5 KWh back to the grid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

proved today that when inverter temp is above 50c, output decreases. had peaked about 2.5kw with clear skies. this was 330pm so past the peak. switched on fan, right away output started increasing up to 3kw. 12.5kw today, considering the cloudy periods happy with that.

I have a fan running 9am to 9pm on days like today. Scorcher in Donegal, managed over 36kWh and the inverter stayed under 50° all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭paulbok

Must get one so next week, will stick it on a smart switch, initially on a time schedule, but will get it into Home Assistant and let the temp determine on/off

A game of 2 halves today. Absolute muck all day, then had a savage thunderstorm and the rain emptied all the clouds away.

The overwhelmingly average month continues. 18.8kWh today.

Going to be substantially below last year's July total despite having 20% more capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭silver_sky

Pretty miserable. 10.8kWh generated today. Not my worst ever day but up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Might take back what I said that July was going great....looks like now July is taking a right nose dive and production over the last week and the rest of the days left in the month is just clouds clouds clouds....

I got my EV last Friday and only have managed to put about 3-5 kWh into it from the PV which is a shame...

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭THE ALM

17kWh yesterday. Too many of these sub 20kWh days this month with the sun rarely being seen.

Today has started better and need another 60kWh before the end of the month to reach the projected target.

I think March gave false optimism for the summer months.🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭DC999

Finally...got mine connected 2 days ago and has been pure cloudy since them. Anyone in Dublin with a 4-6kwp system that could tell me their usage yesterday so I compare?

Installer out tomorrow for snags so want to check it's behaving. Yesterday was my 1st full day. I can see the output per string but don't know what's 'normal' yet.

@silver_sky think you've a 4.5kwp setup and you said you got 10.8 yesterday. I got 12.6 with 4.9kwp so pretty much same as yours pro rata wise.

Ta for help. 1st PV output post. Sweettttt!

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭idc

13.9 kWh on 4.6kWp SE/SW split in North Dublin

• Advertisement

Yep, 4.5kW (or close enough to) and SW facing in North Co Dublin. Best I've seen was 28.6kWh but I think that could be exceeded in lower temperatures. My new system is only in since around mid June so don't have the full info. Sadly I lost the data I had pre-upgrade. It was effectively 1/3 of the current capacity. I'd say you might touch 30kWh on a good day.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Today looks good so far, unfortunately not at home today so will be exporting after all the machines/hot water done

Better day today, just shy of 35kWh.

17kWh here in North Co Dub. It picked up fairly well in the afternoon but by that time the battery was already full, water heated, and car still almost 100%. Not much place for it to go but out the door. 7.9kWh exported. Still no idea if I'll get paid for it as I'm with BGE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Bakka

47kwh here in sunny Galway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

14kW in cloudy Limerick (5.5kWp / southfacing)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

30.4 in midlands, rare day of exporting for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭iceax

I Have to agree this is the worst summer month i have seen since 2016 on my system, 😓

Forecast tomorrow is good.

A stinking July should go out with a bang, although it looks like being well down on last year's total despite 20% more panels.

July 2021 - 681.6kWh

July 2022 - 569.7kWh (probably about 610kWh by tomorrow night)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

6.5kWh in a soggy Limerick. (5.5kWp / Southsoutheastsouth facing)

Advertisement