Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I like Fuego, he's working hard and he's not bad, if a little "generic" in the ring and on the mic, but I hope he has a long and storied career :) He could be alright on a RoH tv show I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Get those trios belts shined up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

The report went into the expected plan for Omega, Spoilered below.

Fightful Select has learned that the tentative plans that certain staff was made aware of was that Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks were slated for a 6-man tag program for September's All Out PPV. We've yet to confirm this with AEW officials, and anything could change, as is the nature of pro wrestling. There have been heavy changes and adjustments to the AEW tag team title scene in the past two months due to injuries and Jeff Hardy's DUI

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Oh man, Eddie losing that was such a bad call, it's incredible. He absolutely should have won that match and springboarded forward out of the feud.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,847 ✭✭✭kksaints

Bit baffled by that result alright. Are they going to continue to drag out the feud even more?

The show in general was a bit patchy even though it had some great stuff but Jesus, that main event was a car crash.

Feud has already dragged out to hell and should have ended long ago. How you do Blood and Guts and don't have it as the blow-off is one thing but then you do this match built to discount interference and it has loads of interference. This is the sort of sh1te we rip into WWE for. It was overbooked, sloppy and rushed. AEW sometimes has timing issues and it felt like that was the case here. What do you even do next? Or is this the end? If it is the end then Jericho winning seems like the absolute wrong call. Not sure anyone came out looking well out of this match though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was wondering why Sammy wasn't in the cage. Eddie looked more fed up than annoyed at the end. Looked like he was thinking it was stupid that he was booked to lose.

The women's match was very messy.

So was Ricky injured? Seems he's gone from barely having a match to being on every week now. Not saying that in a negative way. Just noticed and increase in appearances.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

i agree completely that it was f*cking stupid to have Eddie lose. They are backing themselves into a corner with this after B&G. The Anna turn was out of no where too, especially after the whole "dark order will never split" promo recently.

However, if there is ANYONE who could make chicken salad out of chicken sh!t with one promo, it's Eddie Kingsston. Just give the man a mic and everything will be ok 😂

• Advertisement

If WWE release a big enough star, it makes sense to put them straight into a match on Dynamite but I hate it when they do it for some jabroni from NXT that most of the audience probably don't know. Guy should have been on dark. There's plenty of people they have under contract that would have been better off getting that TV time.

Can't believe Jericho won. Didn't he win his final match against MJF in their feud as well? Kingston in the promos building up to it said this would be their final match. God, I would love WWE to do a Cody with Jericho and sign him when his contract is up.

I was actually enjoying heel Luchasaurus so I hope this is a swerve or something and he turns on Jungle boy.

Was wondering what WWE guy you were on about. Wouldn't really have recognized him anyway. Looking okay for someone who's supposed to be sleeping with the fishes. And he was released due to falling a drug test. Wonder if he was tested before this match. He sounded very scripted in the backstage promo.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That's up there with some of the best unintentional comedy ever in wrestling.

There was so much wrestlecrap to follow. Lowering a shark cage into the crowd. Conti not knowing how a key works. The lads just waiting and waiting before going "Fúck it..." and walking through the bars. Jericho, or the cameraman, making no effort to hide the blading. The entire low blow/Kingston's fresh air elbow spot.

5 stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,785 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Has anyone come out of a program with Jericho better than they went in?

No and they drag on for ever like the feuds with Orange Cassidy and MJF. He couldn't even elevate people in his own faction like Santana and Ortiz.

At least "the painmaker" is still unbeaten. Joke of a gimmick.

Yea, Kingston not winning was a big mistake and that main event, in general, was a bit of a mess. Too overbooked, I don't mind Anna Jay turning heel, but it coulda been managed a bit better than this. The match itself was very enjoyable

BCC v Best Friends was good, not sure why they bothered with OC on commentary, the one time he did speak up, no one acknowledged him and Regal's such a tour de force in that role, it just felt like he was eclipsed entirely. Between this and the loss to Wardlow, I'm not sure what they're doing with him, but I don't think it's doing him any favours.

Starks and Danhaussen could be fun next week. Loving that Starks seems to be getting a push cause I think he's ready to grab the bull by the horns.

Dax's "I'm gonna fight like an 8-year-old girl" promo was great and a lovely story to hear.

We're approaching a possible face-turn and title loss for Jade I think. All is not well in the Baddie Camp. I'm not sure Athena and Willow were quite on the same page for some of that match, but it was decent. We need more Statlander in the ring, please!

The return of Jungle Boy was great, but Luchasauras just standing aside felt like a bit of a lame way to do that. Chasing Christian through the crowd was cool.

An enjoyable evening's wrasslin for sure :)

Tony saying at the ROH media call that if they can get a deal done they will have an announcement at Comic Con over the weekend.

I'm guessing that will be a streamimg deal.

Going off that is sounds like a deal is imminent. Very interested to see where it goes and what it means for ROH going forward.

He also said that the Briscoes are signed to ROH and that there's others signed to ROH that people are not aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I hope that'll mean the end of ROH on AEW. Leave them have their own show and little to no crossover with AEW instead of time being used to build to ROH ppvs.

As for the episode, FTR promo was great, I like that Starks is being pushed more as he had star potential, but outside of that it was meh and the main event was downright crap. I just want this feud to end, it's been going in some way since December.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Yup, I actually skip some of the ROH segments. Rampage has basically turned into a joke cos of it. Like whatever about Cesaro, Samoa Joe etc, I've no real interest in Gresham, Jay Lethal, Satnam Singh, whatever Tully's teams is called.

Not a fan of that either.

At a certain point the line between both companies is just muddied to the point of not existing anymore. Buying ROH to just make it another AEW programme essentially seems pointless. It also makes any crossover feel less special. The ROH World Champion stepping into an AEW ring should feel like a big deal but it never will as long as they make it patently obvious that TK owns them both and they constantly cross over.

It's still early days granted but the ROH stuff so far being dumped on top of the AEW stuff has been messy.

Is Dalton Castle signed? Just I see he's in the trios title match against The Kingdom. I know Vincent from The Kingdom is signed with impact for now.

I guess RoH talk should be kept to the RoH thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

I only got around to watching this now. Overall I really enjoyed watching the show, the opening hour was really strong, some really solid matches.

If Darby doesn't win some matches soon I'm going to give up on believing in him. He's one of the main reasons I watch aew, and hope he starts to move away from Sting soon without having to turn. I know he's small but him beating Punk for the world title is where I imagined all this would lead to. Call it headcannon, but he's the one guy aside from MJF that I have been impressed by consistently since the whole thing started.

Jericho is going to end up with a Hogan style reputation if he keeps going over guys. The main event was grand until the interference. I honestly thought Ruby was going to turn, why would you trust a nobody from Dark to manage the cage, stupid booking to begin with. Everyone disappearing was worse. Jeeeessssssssssuussss!

Why did Sammy and Jericho lock up in that spot? That's on them both, what a complete clusterfcuk!

If Tony is still booking everything by himself, then the EVPs should take some of the blame for not calling him out on some of these pure stupid ideas.

Taz on commentary has been on fire, I don't mind JR calling the main events, but him and Tony shouldn't be on commentary anymore, they're both 20 years past their sell by dates, and that's being kind.

ROH thing seems like a waste of money without a streaming deal to show old matches, outside of that it's like flogging a dead horse.

There's usually more positive than negative, but the main event scene is taking away from any good booking on the undercard more often than not, I hope it turns the corner soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Love Khan's tweet 😅

Another easy watch of a Rampage, could watch Dante and Moriarty all day.

Lethal and his crew doing some nice heel work, the main was a nice little classic ROH style match, him and Joe tonight should be good. Was wondering where he'd been for the build to DBD, didn't know he's been off working on Twisted Metal.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Just flicked through Rampage, very skippable. The rap battle was good, Ass boys' bars were miles better. 😂

I would have loved to have seen Io Shirai signed if the rumours of her contract coming up were true but could see her staying now in WWE with Stephanie and HHH basically running the place now.

AEW were lucky to get Regal when they did because I don't think there's any chance of getting him after Stephanie and HHH take over. Plenty of others as well like Cole and Keith Lee who H was a big fan of.

• Advertisement

Not a bad evening's Rampage, I was hoping Joe would run in with a chair at the end of the main event to send Lethal et all packing.

Martin and Moriarity were fantastic, I don't think anyone expected any different. Curious about what they're doing with Stokley.

Brett/Hayter/Rebal with the sandbag was kinda funny the first time they did it, but it didn't make any sense to do it again for this.

The Rap Battle was also a nice bitta fun.

Advertisement