Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Bedroom Apartment Heating System

Options
  • 21-07-2022 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi everybody,

I am sorry if this topic has been regularly discussed.

I own a ground floor two bed apartment in a residential complex. Our heating system needs to be updated as the timers are broken and some radiators are not working correctly. The heating system is currently storage (See Pics)

but we are finding this to be poor and are looking for the most efficient and effective system.

I would really appreciate as much input as possible to guide me in the right direction as it is something I know very little about.

Thanks,

Kennek1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Private Joker

have you looked at air to air heating? https://www.daikin.ie/en_gb/product-group/air-to-air-heat-pumps.html

it would only really suit if it's a fairly modern build. it can also be used for cooling which might be issue in the future.

other than that there's electrical panel heaters like this https://www.screwfix.ie/p/blyss-wall-mounted-panel-heater-white-1500w/195JK?gclid=Cj0KCQjw8uOWBhDXARIsAOxKJ2GjdRJCmtGibFwJmftOCBFlUYhj0VifQY1TPxfOogc8v6-Lm9_TBOoaAgn9EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

not really that efficient but more controllable than storage heaters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭meercat

The second photo is a panel heater not a storage heater

my recommendation is to replace both heaters with

atc sunray

heaters. They are much more efficient and easier to control

they don’t use the night rate electricity however but running costs are less

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I disagree that one type of electrical heater is more efficient than another. They are all so close to 100% efficient that it makes no difference.

I fully accept that some have far superior controls than others and this can result in a cost saving. However this is only achieved by producing less heat output.

Regardless electric heaters are very expensive to run.

Post edited by 2011 on

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Kennek1

Thank you for all your comments. Genuinely i have learnt a small bit....after more research I have come to the conclusion that we should get rid of the 1 storage heater and replace with electrical heater (prob more efficient if it is used correctly " and replace the other electrical heaters (that I thought were all storage)🤣...they smell like burning everytime i turn on.

I need to ask another question. We would love to move our washing machine to the covered hall to free up space. It is now connected to the kitchen sink. If we moved it, the bathroom sink and shower would be in the next room.

I have been told we can not cinnect to the bathroom due to the waste pipe but some heroes said it is possible.

Please continue to help me.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Agree and logic to me always says night rate is better if the storage heater and building can retain the heat

That depends on a lot of factors beyond my limited expertise anyway like the day/nite rates and the building itself

• Advertisement
Advertisement