Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

No luck in 4:10, I think I'm gonna leave it at...

• Registered Users Posts: 47 fleck

Fabulous detective work by Konny , 2 out of three winners at long enough odds.

Great call there, @Konny Rool , keep them coming.

Today I like Celestial Star in 3:00 Muss - lightly raced, has some good course or CD form, visor is applied today to help her settle. I'm on.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Konny Rool

6.00 Ballinrobe This Novice Hurdle looks like an interesting 6 runner affair. I opted for the top one BALLYBAUN STAR 6/1 of Thomas Gibney. He looks a sweet price here. Wanted/tried make a case for to back one of the two shorties, but there isn't a lot of pace on here - it would seem - and I think this is less likely to inconvenience my pick than the rest. Will go win.

Gd Luck

• Advertisement

We'll chance QUERCUS 8/1 win 1.55 Catt in this wide open race. He's a former C/D winner and has a light enough weight. Not a lot of out and out frontrunners here. Will hope Stotty tries to make all in this. Has to put a few poor runs behind him, but he does go well at the course.

Good Luck

Quercus loses by a nose ffs 😓

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Sweet Talkin Romeo

Rotten luck there @Konny Rool

have gone with a reverse forecast on @[Deleted User]'s 2 picks in Southwell here

no joy there for @Sweet Talkin Romeo

a little each way on the bottom one Rita's Wish at a big price in Southwell 2.55. looks like a very poor field here.

• Advertisement

3.20 Lingfield @Sweet Talkin Romeo thinks that at least one or two will set lively fractions here. thinking this will maybe set it up for Alcazan @ 7/2. the horse has seen some money too. Ischia is entitled to be fav, but is not for me on her first all weather go.

3.05 Catt Jackmeister Rudi 2/1 can go well for Dave and Ben

whatever chance she had Rita's Wish lost it at the start in 2.55

3.55 Lingfield After Eight 4/1

4.15 Catterick Jamih 3/1

Last one on a poor day for @Sweet Talkin Romeo so far

How Bizarre 13/2 4.50 Catt

it was a good spot by @Konny Rool to note this one a couple of days ago. D Nolan takes the ride here instead of D Tudhope

bye

6.45 Limk

WOODFIELD SYNPHONY ew 12/1

Gl @Konny Rool 😁

TASHIM 7.30 Naas 4/1 Showed promise lto at Gowran

@Konny Rool's ew hopefuls

2 speculative/hopeful picks here at good enough/ish prices

4.40 Sandown LA RAV 25/1 - just the two places here alas

5.15 Limerick HIDALGO DES MOTTES 20/1

gd luck to all of us :D

"Groove is in the heart" - why is that song in me head; I do not know . Maybe it's to do with name of band: Deee-Lite; tugs ear - 'sounds like' "Dee-Lete" ,, hmmm, tis strange surely.. Maybe in all the excitement I didn't post my [notional] second (now third) last post 😏 - It aint where I thought it would be anyhow 😒

Anyway, back to racing..

Early thoughts:

Sat 23rd July Heritage Handicap 3.00 Ascot

Am liking these e/w atm: RHOSCOLYN 12/1 , KING ZAIN 16/1 , BLESS HIM 12/1 , ROPEY GUEST 16/1 , NORTHERN EXPRESS 25/1

Any juice in ground [is good to firm, good in places atm], then these two I may consider: DOCUMENTING 33/1 , RAISING SAND 40/1

A few towards top of betting currently I'm thinking of laying for 4,5,6 etc places ,,, : JUMBY 5s & DARK SHIFT 6s

😊

• Advertisement

8.55 Doncaster Will go with LADY RAEBURN 3/1 w/o jolly here, or ~ 4/1 (~5.0) to come in first two on exchanges [looks the same thing to me 😃] .. Willem Twee 8/15 looks penalty kick , but sometimes looks(s) deceive..

Godfather III on Sky Movies now, so will go with #BARZINI 9/4 win in 8.55 Saratoga 😁

#think he was in "I" , but fekkit 😆

No joy with either of those 😪

A bad day today - will try to leave on positive note 😊

Looking at one of the earlier races for tomorrow - the 2nd race of the day at British meets, and the first at Thirsk

Friday 22nd July

1.10 Thirsk . Going is good to firm or thereabouts

COLEY'S KOKO 22/1 EW NAP

Looks a huuuugge price to me this one. Out of form looking at her form figures, but it's the first time in a while that she's running in a Class 6 5furlong race on a sharp (less than a minute on average to win over five f's is 'sharp' track to me 🤗 ) track, and on going that has firm in description [if it rains, it rains I guess - whatcha gonna do?]

She has three wins from over the distance from last year. All were on at least good. Hasn't ran great since winning at Catterick last Sept, but she took a right good hike in ratings after that. She won off 67 then and now runs off 57. The only negative I can see is the female apprentice Sophie Clements who claims five here (claims 7 in non-app races). Not had many winners has Soph, and will this female apprentice be strong in finish?? Tis an apprentice race tho, so there is that. #smileyface . She has come third on horse before, has the jockey. That was at Catterick 4 runs back, and the last time Ms Clements was on board.

A 2nd pick here and more speculatative:

STORM MASTER 40/1 ew

Has only had the six runs, and though his 4th [with first-time cp's] last time out looked a massive improvement on form previous, it was a 'Classified Stakes' race,, Looks unlikely winner all the same, but there's #no standout contenders here imo, with a fair few that can be given chances of hitting the crossbar; but, as to any of them having either solid win or place claims, it's tough to be confident about any of em.

# If there was a 'place' win or lay nap here, then it's the jolly DANDY SPIRIT 6/5 what'd be getting it. Think he finishes down field. Evidence: Since winning two at Dundalk over the minimum at back end of 2020, he has not won over 5furlongs. He showed improvement lto - on his 4th run for new connections - when winning over 6f at Ponty (and easily too). BUT he made all that day over a further trip than tomorrow's AND it were a stiff 6fs an all; plus he has a stone or more extra on his back to carry. It was also a 5 runner race, and he was 4th in the betting (so presumably nothing much was expected that day). Negative evidence: That was a 'major' return to form, and in the two races he won at Dundalk, he either *led or raced prominent early.. Back to 'positive' evidence: *Gullane One and Golden Gal are likely to threaten jolly for lead here.

#have given nap to winner already 😁 Also, far as napping goes, it's for picking winners, be they win or each way picks. KR's not bucking convention here

Country Charm #12/1 has only ever won once, and that was on soft at 5fs at Catterick. Is capable of running into a place and may suit any degens who might want a third pick here. Don't know much about jockey Sam Feilden, but a few of these jockeys are unknowns even to the best/worst of us vice-ridden reprobates. Perhaps a third ew pick here on Scott Dixon's filly; maybe a few combination 'casts as well, to wit: fore & tri.,, #depending on many factors, both known and unknown, tis possible there could be a major volley of incursions on those double figures 🤣

PS if all go to post and should all my picks finish in first three, then @Konny Rool is unilaterally usurping @[Deleted User] - who sez (or 'intimated' as Les Rozzers say) he's finito here - from "t'number uno" spot 😂

EDITO - anyone what's got Racing TV, keep an ear out to likes of 'mumbling' Mellish and bloohke what has proclivity for elongating his 'O's , and any other pundit/s; as, like as not, they be bigging up horse AND t'jock (Connor Planas a decent pilot tbf) here, and one might think backing fav is akin to lumping on Pegasus. Tread carefully ye favourite backers 😋

😊

Post edited by Konny Rool on

Alright Konny - best of luck in your bid m8 🤣

Am liking lay angle myself, but mine's in land of SAS

Saints And Scholars heheheh 😆

5.15 Cork Young Joey sends his 8/15 jolly ULTRAMARINE here in a bid to lose his maiden tag. Evidence against 😃: 254 days since last he ran, hasn't won in nine starts, a good second lto but that was at Dundalk and over 7f / going by his racing style - he runs close to pace and falls short, or tries to lead and also falls short. Putted up a lay at 1.8 and at shorter prices for the places. Good luck me and hopefully hard luck Joey old chap 😁

A few hopeful pokes here also:

ALI BABES 14/1 ew her second last run at Cork when a staying on 7 lengths fourth over 5fs would give her a squeak at the prices.

GRAN ROGUE 25/1 ew will be only having her third ever run. She ran okay for a while lto at Cork for a while. She was well supported that day and got beat by about 12 lengths. Thinking is 7f on soft ground was not to her liking, and a 6f trip on better good ground could be just the trick here.

LOPES GOLD 4/1 win the shortest of the three picks and still a maiden after 10 runs. Was a tad unlucky lto when not getting the clearest of passages. That was at the 6f trip at Sligo and she was only beat 1/2 length into second, and beat the third by 1 1/4 lengths. That should see her go close here.

Billy Lee takes over from Mark Gallagher, who rode Chrismoltisanti 4s on his first four starts. Trained by Mr Katie Walsh [the crook] - I'm having difficulty making a solid case for him at the prices.

alas no NAP for me - I'm not inspired 😂

good luck everyone 😊

Lady B came up on my alerts, didn't get up the top spot yesterday but that was improvement on her last run and win must be just around the corner.

Tremendous write-up there on 1:10 Thirsk, Konny, but I'm leaving that be - "hands & heels" in the description is more than enough to put me off.

I'm not finding anything spectacular today, a few shorties to keep myself entertained throughout the day:

3:40 Ascot - Commonsensical 2/1 w/o fav market, because Whipmasters progress might not yet be finished;

4:00 Thirsk - Pink Crystal 9/4 an eye-catcher on previous run, pity everyone seen that, so no e'w posibilities.

SWEET HARMONY 10s will do me ew here at Ascot 2.30

A newcomer, but the top two don't look rock solid here

• Advertisement

Advertisement