Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod Note Post #1 - The 2022 All Ireland Senior Football Championship.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,839 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

It is funny it is something I never even considered would happen.

And you wouldn’t mind the same poster was telling Dublin fans to ‘take their beating’.

Yet the same particular poster from a county beside Galway (starting in M.) seems to be in a mix of panic, envy, denial, fear and delusion.

Others are as bad bringing up matches that M Connacht county lost. And start talking about shoulda, woulda, coulda from matches years ago. Trying to justify themselves with phantom AI’s.

It is like those celebrity women cat fights where they can’t help themselves because of jealousy. If it makes particular posters happy the M county beside Galway has a nicer ‘away’ jersey than the Galway one. And I suppose in a way some could argue it makes them better🤣

And sure isn’t a nice black away jersey better than any all Ireland! 😉

Plus black suits that M county beside Galway. Always doom and gloom. And self sabotaging, themselves. It is almost as if there is a curse on them 🧙

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Yeah I would agree with ya was at it . 3 mins in long ball to Murphy - bang goal. Game over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Last wknd was hotter than the safari, tomorrow will be overcast after a morning of rain and possible rainstorm during game. No difference in September finals so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

The two goals Donegal got gave them a cushion and Mayo had too much to do to get back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

I see you still cant swallow your beating! Any more dodgey still photographs of sean oshea's boots?

As for panic envy etc, i wish galway the best in the game. They are a capable side, will probably need a bit of luck to win it but it isnt beyond the realm of possibility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,052 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I honestly hope Galway get hammered tomorrow.

All this nonsense of supporting your neighbours because of provincial ties is just that, nonsense.

Clifford will be in for some heavy hits early on as will Walsh.

Hope its over at halftime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭spurshero

at least your honest ! Neighbouring counties will always have people that do or don’t want other county to win and I have no problem with that… when mayo lost them finals last few years I was easy either way . I wouldn’t have begrudged them an all Ireland but I wasn’t exactly crying for them either . I think most are like that ..some go OTT Either way as we see on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Avon8

You can swing that meltdown point both ways. Which would you prefer, to completely dominate every game in the third quarter and have a mini meltdown at the end and still win, or to win a tit for tat 50/50 games?

The few mins of nervousness against Mayo and the lack of concentration against Roscommon were irrelevant in the end, and especially in Ros case they were consolation scores. An utter collapse against Armagh alright but extra time there was probably the making of this team.

Nobody in their right mind came out of any Galway game this year not saying Galway were easily the better team. I'd far rather that situation while also having some idiotic things to clean up, rather than winning games we didn't deserve or could've gone either way

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

You're fooling no one.

You'll be no more supporting Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Strange comment. Are you saying that only people from Galway and Kerry should be allowed go to the match. Very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Just heard an interesting stat on OTB! The Galway bench has only contributed 1 point in the last 3 games, even with Dara Moynihan missing, it's a big advantage to kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭WillmaDickfit

Buff Egan

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Green Peter

Padraic didn't need them, it was at the back we had problems. Subs are there to introduce pace and stamina nowadays and generally fit into a system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Thats a bit of an out dated outlook. Subs need to be making a real impact on a game and changing it if it's going against you. Losing the bench battle has happened to us enough over the last 10 years. Its a clear area galway need to improve on, the fact they've gotten away with it up to now is a testament to the starting 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭spurshero

as a fellow galway man that’s a stupid comment .there’s no doubt Kerry’s bench is stronger .

You are entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

True enough. Imagine, the supporters of the two counties involved in the final getting to go to it ahead of neutral observers. What a crazy notion. Not sure what I was thinking.

Im long enough going to them to know that there isnt much worse than some fella plonked nearby who isnt from either county. They are only taking someone elses place who would love attend. As far as Im concerned, let the fans of the counties involved go to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,272 ✭✭✭tanko

I’m expecting Mayo to win by at least ten points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭cmac2009

I'd question the judgement of anyone stating an easy win for Kerry. It's 50/50 game for me. Galways defensive style will frustrate Kerry and it will be interesting to see how they cope with that.

Hoping for, but not expecting, an entertaining match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

There are plenty of people who dedicate their lives to the gaa who deserve to be at the pinnacle day of the sport whether their own county are in it or not

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Agreed. Galway really need to get back the dozen or so talented players who should be on the panel but aren't for one reason or another. Peter Cooke, Michael Daly, Adrian Varley etc, even Ian Burke although he may be a lost cause at this point. Those along with the injured lads Mulkerrin and McLaughlin would give a real solid look to the 26 and huge competition. You'd hope the bit of momentum this year might entice a few back in

The one sub (along with O'Laoi tbf) who's would add hugely is Paul Kelly. He should be starting imo but has fallen out of favour it looks like

That's starting to talk like the Mayo folk on here, what if we had this lad or that lad. Every team has that going on. We have been practically injury free throughout the year with the exception of mulkerrins and that's part of the reason we are where we are. Out main players are fit and playing. We have the forwards to win an all Ireland and those who have come on to date have contributed. In fact billy mannion came on and passed the ball to McDaid for the goal v Armagh but he isn't down on the stats as a scorer. There is talent on the Galway bench. Owen Gallagher for example is an excellent footballer and can't get a look in. But sure I'm stupid anyway.

You need to read my posts not once but twice I explained to you that I said -

1) I predicted Kerry would beat Dublin

2) Kerry better team deserved it on the day.

3) Dublin put up a good fight - didn’t fold so can’t complain etc

This is third time I have asked you to read posts. And not put words in my mouth which were never said. That’s odd behaviour.

If you find where I said otherwise I will donate a tenner to a charity of your choice. I am deadly serious!

Now I am not sure what the literacy levels are in Mayo. But you repeating something I never said does not make you sound smart, you just sound a little silly to put it kindly.

Plus why can’t you be happy for Galway? The real irony is most Galway football supporters wouldn’t do a tenth of the whining you alone do! You spend ages trying to justify Mayo compared to Galway. It is odd.

I could sent you a pm. with just the Galway geansai on you would love that! 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭YabaDabaDooley

Hoping for a competetive and exciting game tomorrow. I think when all is said and done Kerry will win by 6 or 7 points. I'll be shouting for Galway to upset the odds, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭northknife

Have they played Mayo in the final 16 times? 😜😜

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Always_Running

Galway beat Kerry in their last championship meeting in Croke Park (2018 super 8 game)

Much change team now but Galway have a better starting 15 now?

Then

R Lavelle; 

D Kyne SA O Ceallaigh, E Kerin; 

C Sweeney, G Bradshaw, J Heaney; 

P Conroy T Flynn;

E Brannigan, M Daly, S Kelly; 

I Burke, D Comer, S Walsh

Now

Conor Gleeson

Liam Silke Sean Kelly Jack Glynn

Dylan McHugh John Daly Kieran Molloy

Paul Conroy Cillian McDaid

Patrick Kelly Matthew Tierney Johnny Heaney

Robert Finnerty Damien Comer Shane Walsh

• Registered Users Posts: 15,278 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Much changed Kerry too, and with a better manager.

That time it was Fitzmaurice on a renewed term that many though he didn't deserve after failing to get past Mayo the season before.

It was a dire display from Kerry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Agree with this , I was offered a ticket (and my young fella is a Galway man )but I declined, wouldn't want to be taking one from a born and bred tribesman

Advertisement